• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When you chose your main...

Grunt

Smash Master
I don't play with characters that are fun! i play them because they're the best!

Do you really think anyone on Smashboards had heard of Kid Icarus before Brawl? .
i did, but after i actually played him, i though he was a ballsy metaknight.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Kirby's adventure was my favorite game on the NES. And that's when I started liking Kirby, and Metaknight. I like Dedede too but I dont like his style of play so much. I also mained Kirby in SSB64, and in Melee, Kirby was my third best character, under Link and Samus. And when I got the new pokemon game. and as soon as i knew about Lucario, I added him to my main pokemon team, he's definitly my newest favorite pokemon. And I really enjoy the Zelda game series, and I used to main Link in melee, but I also loved to play windwaker, but I played Link first, and found out he is not the same old Link that I liked, and I ended up liking Toon Link's style better, although I still play Link. And me and my sister were really into Sonic adventure 2 battle, and since that game, I started liking Sonic.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Do you really think anyone on Smashboards had heard of Kid Icarus before Brawl?
Are you serious? You make it sound as if Kid Icarus is a truly secrective game, like "The Neverhood". Considering how well Kid Icarus and its GB sequel did, the fan following (for a game that hadn't gotten a sequel since 1991, to have such a following is quite impressive), the fact that before SSB even exsisted, people rallied for a Kid Icarus revival the way people rally for more Earthbound/Mother, and Pit's over-exposure in the cult classic CAPTAIN N cartoon and comics, how could people not at least remember Kid Icarus?

Kid Icarus, unlike Earthbound, the Game & Watch series, and Fire Emblem in the US, and especially the Ice Climbers, did not need Smash Brothers to make people remember this character or franchise. Many people knew of Pit and Kid Icarus. Brawl just made sure that those out there who have been *****!ng for a new Kid Icarus game will have even more reason to do so.

DARKALONDITE

Smash Apprentice
I actually had plans to main Snake from the beginning, along with Ike. I had trouble with Snake at first, so I swapped over to Ike. Then, I practicedwith Snake some more and found out that I was really good with him.

Blarfenzo

Smash Journeyman
Right when the revealed Overalls for Wario I decided to main him.
Wario is my favorite Mario character and I'm a big fan of the Wario Land series, I also usually used him in the spin off games(Mario Party, Tennis, etc.)

doodmahn

Smash Journeyman
I play with the characters that I'm good with and fit my style.

I've never played either of their games, but I love how weird G&W is. :D

-Kiros-

Smash Journeyman
I started with Mewtwo in SSBM since he was a powerful Pokemon in the games, but I randomly tried Marth out of curiosity (still SSBM) before finding out that he was a really good character. I didn't even know Fire Emblem existed or what it was when I first tried Marth.

Edit: Yay for first post!!!1!1111!1oneone!!11!!eleven!!!!!!!onehundredeleven!!!1!!!111!

themastaofbrawl64

Smash Cadet
Wolf was a very secret character when i found him on youtube, so my main purpose of beating subspace emmissary quickly was to unlock him. I consider my self good when using any character but i can just kill my opponents with wolf, my only complaint about him is that the developers tried too hard to make his tank different so i have a very limited time to use it :ohwell:

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
At thamastaofbrawl64, pleeeeaaaaasssssseeee DO NOT double post, you can just edit your posts, I got so much crap from doin that when I was a n00b here and now I see how annoying it is...

Now to the question... well I main Marth and since the original FE never came out in the US, I haven't played his games, but I love the FE for Wii. (and PoR)

*edit* and I think doodmahn meant that he hadn't played the Game & Watch games, not that he hadn't played ssbm or ssbb...

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
Amongst my mains, some of them are played cuz I like 'em! They are...

Mario: mario's awesome and cool. He's nintendo's mascot, so why not? and hes balanced. and he is from my fave game series

Luigi: I just like luigi cuz he reminds me of myself

Ganondorf: Favorite videogame enemy ever

Fox: I love starfox games

wolf: second favorite enemy

sonic: hes so freakin' fast! and blue, my favorite color

Ton link: the wind waker rules!!!

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
Stippy mains Zelda.
I've always liked characters like her. Not to mention, not only did I main her in Melee, but I just like her character as a whole.

bobwaffles

Smash Apprentice
Partially. I try characters that I like first, but I have to enjoy playing with them too, so I play as Falco, Ganondorf, and others I'm familiar with and enjoy playing with.

Top Bottom