• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

when to use the wario waft?

Xgamer1224

Smash Rookie
When ever I can use the wario waft, I can never hit with it. What is the most effective hitbox and what moves could lead into it and when should I use it overall?

White Pikmin

Smash Journeyman
i used to use it when my brothers got next to me, but it never works anymore, they've gotten smarter

now i use it for recovery, breaking smash balls, or when an opponent is right above you

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Use it before full charge, and then either hit w/ Wario's body or hit beneath him. The hitbox immediately next to him is not very impressive, but it's pretty decently sized below him.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
You should use it when it is gonna hit your opponent. Any other use of the Waft is blasphemy. XD

Charge it for about 1:45-1:50 and let that sucker rip. Try baiting an airdodge when they are above you and catch them after the dodge frames are over. Also, Full Waft does more damage but doesn't kill as well as an almost fully charged Waft or even a half Waft

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Fully charged waft kills just as well if you hit them vertically... everyone always seems to ignore this :\

You can kill a Falco off a middle-height platform on Bfield at around 50

PUDGE

Smash Apprentice
for waft, to be honest, you have to do some of the most dumbest things and most unexpected garbage in order to pull it off on good players.
heres an example
if wario falls off the edge, just walks off, he cannot really do TOO much to play with the opponent, out of no where when your opponent is comin from the bottom, just fall off and fart. dair could b a mistake, Fair can be out-prioritized, back ... wtf?? and i doubt you can get an Uair off, Nair is good if your on the side but straight from above, thats when you can pull it off.
if your opponent is power shielding practice the double hop to break opponent shield and with quick timing right as you footstool them you can waft

Doctor Destructo

Smash Journeyman
I use it when me and my opponent are off the stage. It's a lot easier to hit with there, since the opponent can't weave around and air dodge as much. There's a guide to the waft that 3GOD did, it should be on one of the Wario sticky topics.

Also, I like to pretend that I messed up my recovery, so my opponent be drawn out to the side to try to capitalize. But instead, he gets a "rocket"-powered Wario coming his way.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
When fully charged, I like to use it when my opponent is trying to recover. Usually I'll pretend to have failed to gimp them so that it looks like I'm either going to fall to my death or be forced to use the corkscrew to get back to the edge. When it's 75% charged, I'll usually do a full hopped nair, fair, or dair and, if it lands, I follow up immediately with the waft.

Wario Nut

Smash Journeyman
doesn't the Uthrow to waft work sometimes? I'm thinking at least once per opponent.
It doesn't work that well because a good player will use DI to get out of the way. I've never pulled it off.

I like to wait until the waft is fully charged to KO or deal 42% damage on my opponents next life. Or in extreme emergencies I use it to recover.

Top Bottom