• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When to use the peanut gun

Legic

Smash Cadet
Always when I play diddy I don't have the feeling to use the peanut gun, I never use it. So when do YOU use it?

Pegachris

Smash Apprentice
I almost always shoot a peanut after a forward throw just out of habit. Also I throw peanuts when Im recovering to the stage and to people when they are trying to.

Aura_Fear

Smash Cadet
I use the peanut gun either as an edgeguarding technique, or I b-reverse it to help recovery.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Use it when you're returning from the stage, like Mario players and their fireballs. Use it to gimp. Use it for mindgames. Use it to lead into things (my personal favorite on this is to spam popguns when they're recovering from the top, often times they will airdodge to dodge the peanut and that leads into a partially charged fsmash). When you don't have bananas out. Popgun is pretty situational, the thing is that the situations arise often.

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
Use it all the time, or whenever they say that you spam bananas just show them what real spam is with the peanut gun lolz.

My favorite move in SSBB.

-advent-

dunp

Smash Rookie
well, GaWs b move would be more anoying and easier to use :/
and you can catch the peanuts, making it even easier to avoid the peanut gun

Player-1

Smash Legend
Use it all the time, or whenever they say that you spam bananas just show them what real spam is with the peanut gun lolz.

My favorite move in SSBB.

-advent-
Mine and yours both =).

You don't use it like G&W because 1. G&W sausage only goes...an eighth of the stage and 2. G&W players never use it. Your suppose to be using popgun just as you would Wolf's blaster.

dunp

Smash Rookie
bad arguments, 1. who cares about the sausage? 2. how do you know how all GaW players use GaW?

dunp

Smash Rookie
oke, distance: diddy wins
actually overall using: GaW wins

but when would I use peanut gun? dunno, to spam over distance i quess, instead of the banana fcourse

Player-1

Smash Legend
bad arguments, 1. who cares about the sausage? 2. how do you know how all GaW players use GaW?
IDK if your talking to me or what, but 1. that was an even worse argument, 2. that's pretty much what I said, and 3. oh sorry, let me go throughout the whole US and find out how every single GaW player plays GaW so the Diddy boards can make a list of how to counter it. We're talking about how most GaW's play.

dunp

Smash Rookie
well, there is no argument to agreement
and gotta say, you really got me at #3 xD

ADHD

Smash Hero
You would think the peanut gun sucks, but once you start using it (charged, and uncharged) you will see it can really interfere with some recoveries, as well as totally help some matchups a tad.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
Use it when you're returning from the stage, like Mario players and their fireballs. Use it to gimp. Use it for mindgames. Use it to lead into things (my personal favorite on this is to spam popguns when they're recovering from the top, often times they will airdodge to dodge the peanut and that leads into a partially charged fsmash). When you don't have bananas out. Popgun is pretty situational, the thing is that the situations arise often.
precisely on the dot there. player 1 summed it up.

a good example to use a peanut gun is to reverse glide a banana then full hop throw a second banana so it flies at an arch and then peanut gun as u fall that covers 3 points into the air and keeps the opponent at bay. its awesome for retreating when needed and awesome for fake-outs. its awesome when an opponent shields a peanut just to be lead into a naner lock :p

Count

Smash Champion
Other uses are great, I try to use my popgun as much as possible.

ALSO I always make a mental note to use at least one popgun cancel a game when I'm holding a nana..it's like a free combo :p.

Top Bottom