• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When to use Dair?

ThaRoy

Smash Journeyman
I used to use Ice Climbers before the chain grabs were utilized, my gameplay revolved around desynching and trapping. However, I used Dair very well, and well, wish to gather insights and share what I am lead to believe is effective ^_^

Dair is a good move, it's useful for some outlandish reasons. It's best used when desynced, effectively eliminating a pathway. A SHFF Blizzard combined with a desynced Dair behind you traps an enemy.

Also, if you Dair an enemy when desynced, they'll usually evade to the sides. Thus, a Fsmash desynced is a great idea as the Dair baits them.

A Dair will also usually result in a shield or roll, so this is a good time to dash and pivot grab them.

What do you all think? What ways do you use Dair?

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
i was playing an items match and i was knocked into the air as my friend grabbed a cracker launcher and started shooting at me. i daired and even though the shots hit me, i wasnt phased.

moral of the story? dair > cracker launcher

dair has suprising priority. i sometimes use it to break outta juggles.

and it has that cute little pyooooooo sound. ^_^

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
I usually only use dair if I think that my opponent either expects me to airdodge or is going to do a move that dair eats through.

An awesome application of it that I saw lain use a while ago is to DI up and out of MK's tornado and immediately dair.

Binx

Smash Master
You should use it never? I really cant think of a time I would dair, it doesn't really effect your momentum enough to throw off most things and an airdodge is probably safer, it doesn't seem like it does much damage and the landing lag is god awful.

I'd rather DI a direction and bair/nair or better yet airdodge and just be on the ground, of course there are times where you would want to use an attack while landing or maybe a B move, anything but that one for me, and airdodge would dodge a cracker too yeah?

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
its useful sometimes, but you need to be far enough off the stage so you don't get punished for the ending lag. like someone said earlier, its good to break juggle combos.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
I do it on MK's tornado (Ya duh) or when I'm near to the opponent. :D

But I wouldn't use it in any bad situation, the ending lag is ugh.

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
Eh, I use it if the opponent is below me, mainly since I rarely use Dair, so its unexpected. ^_K

VirtualVoid

Smash Journeyman
Dair goes through metaknight tornado (From the top) which is always nice. It can also help recovery and stopping some1 that tries to juggle you with uairs. It is best to double jump and cancel it with dair.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
Dair goes through metaknight tornado (From the top) which is always nice. It can also help recovery and stopping some1 that tries to juggle you with uairs. It is best to double jump and cancel it with dair.
Sometimes, I've tried it with 1 Ice Climber and it didn't work. 1 Ice Climber can't destroy MK's tornado and Popo will just get hit after the move, so the tornado will keep going on... however, 2 Ice Climbers CAN break out MK's tornado.

Top Bottom