• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

when to ftilt and WD

xCUREx

Smash Rookie
i would classify myself as a fantastic wavedasher (not to brag) but i do not know when to do it ( WD-fsmash, WD-ftilt, WD-utilt, WD-dsmash, WD-jab, WD-grab) please help, thx. i also would like to know when to ftilt people and who to do it to specifically if you can thx.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Lets see.

WD - Fsmash: I dont really use so i dunno when.

WD - Ftilt: When you're at the end of range for this (this is the longest attack you have). When your opponent is at a decent percent, or when they're off the edge.

WD - Utilt: I dont use this at all. D:

WD - Dsmash: Whenever you need to move a short distance and smash. (Mainly, when you CANT DC Dsmash cause the distance is too short.)

wD - Jab: Same concept as WD Dsmash, but with jabs.

WD - Grab: (I hope you mean WD - JC Grab), whenever you need a quick burst of speed before you grab. Gives yourself a lil' extra range. When runnin just isnt fast enough. D:

--edit--
Didnt see your 2nd question.

As far as I know, you can Ftilt everybody, but you want to make sure they're at a decent percent so that you actually knock them back some. If you do it at a low percent to, oh say marth - you'll hit him, but he'll still be in his danger range (tipper ranger), he'll just be like "BAM FSMASH *****!!" and well....... well. :/

You can also ftilt people for an edge guard, like if they're trying to grab the ledge from above, you can pop a ftilt out if you're not ready for a dsmash, or dont want to time a dsmash.

Gea

Smash Master
Retreating ftilts can be awesome (wavedash backwards, ftilt, wavedash backwards again) as well. But he already covered about everything else.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
B/WD->up-tilt would work against people full-jumping aerial attacks maybe... uptilt has good priority, right?

also, I use WD-> U-smash sometimes, instead of d-smash. It comes out relatively quickly, and has better reach around your body than some people think.

BWD->F-smash teaches people not to dash attack :)

BWD being backwardsWD, of course

Cure

Smash Rookie
thx peoples im now ready well somewhat but yeah still thx

btw cure and xCUREx are the same person so if youre wondering y there are two different things thats y yeah nyway thx very much (the admin is saying somfin bout me not registering)

Top Bottom