• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When racking up damage as Lucario what do you keep in mind?

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
What do you try to do to get damage dealt?

For example do you just try to combo Snake on the stage or do you try to push him offstage to punish him in various ways?

Are you a combo frenzy Lucario? Or do you like to gradually poke and gradually build up damage? Or just simply camp?

Do you apply this style to all characters or do you do something different based on the match up? If your damage racking style gets interrupted or if you're in a pinch what do you do?

To start out this discussion I'm not asking what should be done, but rather what do you do?

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
I wanna hit them without getting hit.

I will try to do the footsie game in w.e. way I think will get me a hit, don't care for chip damage, I'M LUCARIO SON YOU I GET REWARDED FOR TRADING/BEING BAD AND GETTING HIT BY LASERS ALL THE WAY TO PAST CG PERCENT.

if I get a hit I'll think about what I can do to get another hit.

without getting hit.

if I'm getting pressured I'mma try and get out of it and hit them if the opportunity presents itself.

if I'm getting juggled Imma see if I can bait them into getting hit because brawl has more juggle traps then juggle combos. prioritize not getting hit more if the % deficit is enough/I'm gonna die if I get hit, Prioritize getting to the ground and reseting to neutral, if it means airdodging past them and SDIing into the ground and teching it so be I'M LUCARIO, D-D-DAT DON'T KILL ME CAN ONLY MAKE ME STRONGER.
"Stronger"

Work it, make it, do it,
Makes us harder, better, faster, stronger!

[played in background, continuously:]
Work it harder, make it better,
do it faster, makes us stronger,
more than ever, never over,
Our work is never over.

[Chorus:]
Now that don't kill me
Can only make me stronger
I need you to hurry up now
'cause I can't wait much longer
I know I got to be right now
'cause I can't get much wronger
Man I've been waitin' all night now
That's how long I've been on you

I need you right now
I need you right now

Let's get lost tonight
You could be my black Kate Moss tonight
Play secretary, I'm the boss tonight
And you don't give a **** what they all say right?
Awesome, the Christian and Christian Dior
Damn, they don't make 'em like this anymore
I ask 'cause I'm not sure
Do anybody make real **** anymore?
Bow in the presence of greatness
'cause right now thou has forsaken us
You should be honored by my lateness
That I would even show up to this fake ****
So go ahead go nuts go ape ****
Especially in my pastel on my bape ****
Act like you can't tell who made this
New gospel homey, take six, and take this, haters

[Chorus]

I need you right now
I need you right now

Me likey

I don't know if you got a man or not,
If you made plans or not
God put me in the plans or not
I'm trippin' this drink got me sayin' a lot
But I know that God put you in front of me

So how the hell could you front on me?
There's a thousand you's, there's only one of me
I'm trippin', I'm caught up in the moment right?
This is Louis Vuitton Don night
So we gonna do everything that Kan like
Heard they'd do anything for a Klondike
Well I'd do anything for a blonde-****
And she'll do anything for the limelight
And we'll do anything when the time's right
Ugh, baby, you're makin' it (harder, better, faster, stronger)

[Chorus]

I need you right now
I need you right now

You know how long I've been on you?
Since Prince was on Apollonia
Since OJ had Isotoners
Don't act like I never told you [x6]
Baby, you're making it (harder, better, faster, stronger)

[Chorus]

I need you right now [x4]

You know how long I've been on you?
Since Prince was on Apollonia
Since OJ had Isotoners
Don't act like I never told you
Never told you [x4]

Never over [x8]

[collapse= secret message for ryu]You should embed this video and set it to autoplay, it'll be funny
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsO6ZnUZI0g[/collapse]

that was fun, anyways.

uh if I get hit in general by a weak KB move I'll try to mix in damaging dair/ff nair/double team with escape options.

uh and this is everything relevant to what I do to get damage.

it should be noted vs people who are actively trying to time you out and its on 8 minutes you should be EXTREMELY meticulous in how you take damage, every % counts VS these ******s, especially with how lucario works, it may not be as bad in 10 minutes, but I'm SURE a MASTER in this Art [any sonic main, DMG.... Orion? idk] will be able to time you out in 10 minutes if you let them.

Leave the punches out of future posts Flame. ~ Ryu.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
You wanna know what's cool about aura?

When you're learning your opponent's habits, options, and playstyle, YOU GET COMPENSATED FOR MISTAKES.

OMG

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
phil basically summed up my post in 3 sentences GG flamewave.

but if you read my whole post [minus the silly] it gets the point across rather well

thats pretty much a simplistic way of me and my mindset with lucario.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Like it's been said before we should revise the basics to help iron out the flaws of our playstyles.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
I base everything off the percentage of my opponent. Also I like to rack up damage as a low aura lucario.

I should probably elaborate; if I get a hit I'll try to keep the string going, if i can't, i try to finish it as safe as possible. Low aura is pretty good at doing that for me. High aura It's all about the footsies.

Braxton2011

Smash Ace
NNID
Braxtonian8
3DS FC
4167-4550-9020
I usually use combo strings until they get off stage, then I run like a bish.

At high percents, I play like an *** and Fair/Nair/ftilt and fsmash.

I save F throw for kills when I stale Fsmash on purpose

sirchadakiss18

Smash Journeyman
Me and PatG waas talking about Lucario yesterday and I was telling him like, how can Lucario lose once he's at 150%+?

He has soo many options, he can camp with Aura ball spam, if the person approaches just grab and pummel to refresh your moves and throw him away from you, then procede to spam hadokens like Diago's Ryu in SF4 OLOLOL!

But nah, seriously I can't imagine how Lucario's lose like that when they have rage compensation, just play gay to win and stop being close ranged and ish.

Also, Uptilt for Quick KO's moar.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Yeah if you notice all the pro lucarios, they're living longer and longer and learning not to play into dumb stuff as much, to abuse their advantages at high percent more.

november1093

Smash Rookie
I base my style of Lucario almost solely on damage percentage of both me and my opponent

-I will play incredibly defensively at low damages, but switch to a more offensive route when my percentage hits above 75%. I let the opponent come to me at low damages and gradually build up damage. When I hit the higher ones I go in for Lucario's great comboing abilities. I push them off the end and finish them with Lucario's psudo-wall of pain.
-If the opponent is someone like Snake, Bowser, Donkey Kong, or even Dedede (arguably one of Lucario's worst matchups) then you can do a continuous chain of Force Palms to rack up at least 50% damage. However this only works at low percentages.

Also, against the smaller more agile characters like diddy, I really spam aura sphere. And I love using his Dair to edge guard.

Top Bottom