• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When do YOU use Sing and Rollout? How successful are you?

Quarium

Smash Journeyman
pros make a lot of mistakes tho. we have a huge backlog of compilations showing so. just at Apex 2015 we saw Armada and Android giving awqy their last decisive round.[/offtopic]

Last edited:

thehard

Smash Lord
NNID
Barbecutie
How good are Ledge Cancelled Sings in this game, Jiggly mains?

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
You say "little they can do"...take a C.Falcon. He is on the ledge. You sing. He knees you.
He was describing a situation in that the opponent was displaying patterned play - "...of they keep doing the same getup option..."

Stop being a troll :p

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
Not really. i'm not trying to brag, but pros like me never make those "mistakes' :/
Don't know what you were talking about...
What COULD happen is if an opponent whiffs an aerial and you use sing <--that is THE most successful way to use it in tournaments.~<3
Also, "pros like me" ?! I've seen M2K make complete and utter ****-ups...

Need to get real dude, the guy has a point that, when used SPARINGLY to TRY and punish opponents who you can READ, sing is incredibly viable in certain situations.

Get off your high horse and start being productive. We're here to help each other, not negate people's opinions off the bat.

Jay-kun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apple first~<3
He was describing a situation in that the opponent was displaying patterned play - "...of they keep doing the same getup option..."

Stop being a troll :p
(since u double-posted guess ill do the same :p)
Haha man!!
1. Your late
2. Im not trolling lol :/

Jay-kun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apple first~<3
Also, "pros like me" ?! I've seen M2K make complete and utter ****-ups...

Need to get real dude, the guy has a point that, when used SPARINGLY to TRY and punish opponents who you can READ, sing is incredibly viable in certain situations.

Get off your high horse and start being productive. We're here to help each other, not negate people's opinions off the bat.
yoooooooooooooooo

Last edited:

Meek Moths

Smash Ace
rollout: only if i know opponent is scared and is far away, and whats most important, has no projectiles (dk, mart,...)

i charge it to max and wait for their reaction. of course, it can be easily avoided by sidestepping,, but if they commit to soemthing like jump, the it's easy to just rollout and kill

sing: neverlol, i know it can be useful, but it only really works when opponent is at high percentage. so then you might think you could bait a roll or tech something and punish with sing. but why not punish with kill move like rest since they are at high damage anyway.

then there is of course the gimmick of stopping some moves like flare blitz or even more with sing but that's situational at risky but as jigs you should risk a lot, after all every rest is risk x

Jay-kun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apple first~<3
rollout: only if i know opponent is scared and is far away, and whats most important, has no projectiles (dk, mart,...)

i charge it to max and wait for their reaction. of course, it can be easily avoided by sidestepping,, but if they commit to soemthing like jump, the it's easy to just rollout and kill

sing: neverlol, i know it can be useful, but it only really works when opponent is at high percentage. so then you might think you could bait a roll or tech something and punish with sing. but why not punish with kill move like rest since they are at high damage anyway.

then there is of course the gimmick of stopping some moves like flare blitz or even more with sing but that's situational at risky but as jigs you should risk a lot, after all every rest is risk x
WELLL.
Sing is awesome it's just that all of Jiggly's specials require certain scenarios and hard reads

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
(since u double-posted guess ill do the same :p)
Haha man!!
1. Your late
2. Im not trolling lol :/
1. *You're (you are)
2. I only double-posted after realising that you had actually said TWO incredibly dumb things - both of which needed commenting on
3. You DELIBERATELY double-posting as some strange way of attempting to offend me - an attempt which failed miserably - only proves that...
4) You are, in fact, a troll

Jay-kun, I swear if you reply to this, I'll report you. Let's stop comparing sizes and get back to the topic.

Rollout - Only use offensively during fast-paced play where a decent amount of space is available. Other than that, it can be a good recovery tool as mentioned previously.

Sing - Very useful in catching people out. You can ledge-cancel this, so anyone lingering on the edge can be caught out by it if they are expecting a get-up attack/standard get-up. Again, best used during fast-paced gameplay as the opponent will probably see it coming otherwise and punish accordingly.

Last edited:

Jay-kun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apple first~<3
1. *You're (you are)
2. I only double-posted after realising that you had actually said TWO incredibly dumb things - both of which needed commenting on
3. You DELIBERATELY double-posting as some strange way of attempting to offend me - an attempt which failed miserably - only proves that...
4) You are, in fact, a troll

Jay-kun, I swear if you reply to this, I'll report you. Let's stop
comparing sizes and get back to the topic.

Rollout - Only use offensively during fast-paced play where a decent amount of space is available. Other than that, it can be a good recovery tool as mentioned previously.

Sing - Very useful in catching people out. You can ledge-cancel this, so anyone lingering on the edge can be caught out by it if they are expecting a get-up attack/standard get-up. Again, best used during fast-paced gameplay as the opponent will probably see it coming otherwise and punish accordingly.
:( You misunderstand. I even thought that my ":p" showed my humor! :p

About your rollout and sing input: idk just me but they seem kinda shallow>.<?

Meek Moths

Smash Ace
WELLL.
Sing is awesome it's just that all of Jiggly's specials require certain scenarios and hard reads
i mean sure, but the thing with it is that the opponent has to be at around 80%-90% for it to work properly, and since you pretty much require reads to land it, you could simply use rest instead of sing on the read to go straight for the kill. but it's nice for going through shields that is probably the best scenario to use it

Jay-kun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apple first~<3
i mean sure, but the thing with it is that the opponent has to be at around 80%-90% for it to work properly, and since you pretty much require reads to land it, you could simply use rest instead of sing on the read to go straight for the kill. but it's nice for going through shields that is probably the best scenario to use it
truu ;-;
DUDE WAS HOPING SAKURAI-CHAN WOULD TAKE SING AWAY OR BUFF BY LIKE (--------------------------)MUCH!!!!

Last edited:

Mondrae205

Smash Rookie
I have used rolloug to punish high recoveries so I dont have to guess were they are going to land.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I've used rollout a few times just to be silly and it almost always ends with my tumbling to my death.

Sing is usually a miss input. Also never successful.

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
Not really. i'm not trying to brag, but pros like me never make those "mistakes' :/
Don't know what you were talking about...
What COULD happen is if an opponent whiffs an aerial and you use sing <--that is THE most successful way to use it in tournaments.~<3
I punished Nairo with a sing once, and killed him with a rest. You are kind of itrelevent on a scale compared to nairo, and after some of your other comments Im going to take your "pro" label with a grain of salt

Jay-kun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apple first~<3
I punished Nairo with a sing once, and killed him with a rest. You are kind of itrelevent on a scale compared to nairo, and after some of your other comments Im going to take your "pro" label with a grain of salt
Actually no. For all you know, my play style could counter Nairo's. But you call me irrelevant not knowing me at all. I on the other hand, know my own skill and can make a claim based on experience and knowledge. See the only truly irrelevant reply here is yours without anything to back it up. Then again, almost all our posts have been off topic.
@ Psymon Psymon can you explain why you like a bias reply like this? Ty much appreciated

drakeirving

Smash Journeyman
Your play style could counter Nairo, but I could hold world record speedruns in several video games but just don't tell anyone.
If you would stop making posts talking about how you're ~so good~ and ~don't make mistakes~ while 1) not giving anyone reason to believe you're any good, and 2) posting things that suggest the opposite, you wouldn't be getting so many replies calling you out. Jiggly's post isn't biased just because it comes to the conclusion that you're full of it.

Jay-kun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apple first~<3
Your play style could counter Nairo, but I could hold world record speedruns in several video games but just don't tell anyone.
If you would stop making posts talking about how you're ~so good~ and ~don't make mistakes~ while 1) not giving anyone reason to believe you're any good, and 2) posting things that suggest the opposite, you wouldn't be getting so many replies calling you out. Jiggly's post isn't biased just because it comes to the conclusion that you're full of it.
Except for that last statement. please rephraze
Do u hold that record though? Idk
Does my play style counter Nairo's. Probably in some ways or all. See, Nairo has 1 play style while I have many.
Your 1st point...if u read my other jiggly posts you could grasp an understanding of "how good i am".
Also happy v-day.

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
Jay-kun...I would happily verse you online. In fact, I'm calling you out. If you can beat me in a best of 5, I'll let you claim to 'counter Nairo', and be 'a pro'. If you decline the challenge, I will continue to believe -as EVERYONE else reading your posts does - that you are full of it.

Jay-kun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apple first~<3
Jay-kun...I would happily verse you online. In fact, I'm calling you out. If you can beat me in a best of 5, I'll let you claim to 'counter Nairo', and be 'a pro'. If you decline the challenge, I will continue to believe -as EVERYONE else reading your posts does - that you are full of it.
1. Wut stage
2. Time or stock or both
3. Can u truly speak for every person who has seen this thread
4. Where u livin it might lag
5. Dittos or no
6. U good or no
7. I'm full of wut?
8. Happy Valentines

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
1. Any legal stage as a starter - legal counterpicks. Apex ruleset and stages.
2. Stock
3. From the general consensus, probably.
4. In the UK. Willing to try. If it is ridiculously laggy, we can sort something else out (possibly someone closer can vs. you)
5. Up to you. Id be happy playing as Jiggs or another character.
6. I'm good. I wouldn't call myself a 'pro' however
7. Hot air.
8. Happy Valentine's Day

Jay-kun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apple first~<3
1. Any legal stage as a starter - legal counterpicks. Apex ruleset and stages.
2. Stock
3. From the general consensus, probably.
4. In the UK. Willing to try. If it is ridiculously laggy, we can sort something else out (possibly someone closer can vs. you)
5. Up to you. Id be happy playing as Jiggs or another character.
6. I'm good. I wouldn't call myself a 'pro' however
7. Hot air.
8. Happy Valentine's Day
Nicely worded :/.I live in Virginia in 'murica :/ sucks actually would rather live in Japan/UK/Africa.

drakeirving

Smash Journeyman
if u read my other jiggly posts you could grasp an understanding of "how good i am".
You don't seem to realize that your other posts on Jiggs are exactly why people think you probably aren't very good.
Nairo has 1 play style while I have many.
Not even being able to understand how much better Nairo is than you is a pretty good indicator that you aren't anywhere near the level of top players.

Jay-kun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apple first~<3
You don't seem to realize that your other posts on Jiggs are exactly why people think you probably aren't very good.
Not even being able to understand how much better Nairo is than you is a pretty good indicator that you aren't anywhere near the level of top players.
haha

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
Just so that everyone is up to date, Jay-Kun still hasn't accepted my challenge. I've sent him my Nintendo ID and he has seen it, but hasn't added me yet.

Jay-Kun, you have 24 hours to prove yourself.

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
We are shiiting up this thread, aren't we?
I'm trying to end the sh!™...you're just avoiding the resolution. I thought the publicity would make you accept the challenge, or resign yourself to the fact that you bigging yourself up isn't welcome here.

Jay-kun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apple first~<3
I'm trying to end the sh!™...you're just avoiding the resolution. I thought the publicity would make you accept the challenge, or resign yourself to the fact that you bigging yourself up isn't welcome here.
I don't think there IS any publicity because anyone who see who last messaged with our name's and just ignore..:/

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
Would you like butter, caramel, or both?
Maybe some Twizzlers and Mike&Ike's
(I work part-time at a theater :3)
no caramel, extra butter. And do you have redvines? Twizzlers are too sugary for my tastes *w*

I'm excited for this match. I hope @ Psymon Psymon is good xD

Sing this guy to the grave!

Although, maybe this convo should go to the social xD

MikiSagittarius

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1461-6991-9602
no caramel, extra butter. And do you have redvines? Twizzlers are too sugary for my tastes *w*

I'm excited for this match. I hope @ Psymon Psymon is good xD

Sing this guy to the grave!

Although, maybe this convo should go to the social xD
Of course we do sir and right away sir~

So hype >w<

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
I've tried pushing for it. Jay-Kun said 'something came up'...take that how you will. He said that he will fight, but not yet... :mad088:

Top Bottom