• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When do YOU use Sing and Rollout? How successful are you?

Jay-kun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apple first~<3
Oh I think u don't understand.. if we agreed to best out of 5 in our first matches, you won. but i never verbally (typing lol) stated that i accepted :/
also i like to camp and play defensive, don't blame me... wait a minute.... didn't you whine about lag in one of the posts yesterday :/ breh

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I do not care about your petty arguments, either of you. This is a discussion thread; stay on topic here without fighting about it. If you must bicker, do it via PM.

Last edited:

Jay-kun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apple first~<3
I do not care about your petty arguments, either of you. This is a discussion thread; stay on topic here without fighting about it. If you must bicker, do it via PM.
then please ban me (if that is possible) from the thread
btw cool profile pic

Last edited:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
then please ban me (if that is possible) from the thread
btw cool profile pic
It's not possible (subforums are; I could get someone to ban you from the Jigglypuff forums if you want), but if that's the trouble, I can infract you for spam every time you post in here. Either you'll stop after a couple or you'll get banned from the whole forum for a couple weeks--Your choice.

Last edited:

Jay-kun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apple first~<3
It's not possible (subforums are; I could get someone to ban you from the Jigglypuff forums if you want), but if that's the trouble, I can infract you for spam every time you post in here. Either you'll stop after a couple or you'll get banned from the whole forum for a couple weeks--Your choice.
(just infract me for spam, that is the fastest way..)

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
What the hell happened here?! Looks like a massive ****storm just ravaged this place.
(just infract me for spam, that is the fastest way..)
Painfully Obvious troll. Come on now...
So uh, ahem. As many others have stated, I use Rollout mainly to punish missed techs, which happens more often than you think. Ledge-cancelled Sing I find to be pretty useless now because of how the ledge mechanics work in this game.
Also, I really hate the nerf that makes Jigglypuff helpless if it hits someone with Rollout. Seriously, that was so unnecessary.

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
What the hell happened here?! Looks like a massive ****storm just ravaged this place.

Painfully Obvious troll. Come on now...
So uh, ahem. As many others have stated, I use Rollout mainly to punish missed techs, which happens more often than you think. Ledge-cancelled Sing I find to be pretty useless now because of how the ledge mechanics work in this game.
Also, I really hate the nerf that makes Jigglypuff helpless if it hits someone with Rollout. Seriously, that was so unnecessary.
thats not exactly a nerf, it's always done that.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
I use Sing just like Hungrybox does. (never)

Rollout I actually do use, but not often. When I do, it has moderate success.

Last edited:

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
I like rollout for the shield pressure, but most people are smart enough to jump over it.....:/
Due to shield-stun being at an all-time low in Sm4sh, a lot of characters can just shield a rollout, wait for you to pass through their shield, then dash-attack to punish, especially when you're made to turn around from being close to the stage edge. If they are able to react, any good player will. It's only chance of success against good players would be as a punish for poor spacing/wiffed attacks.

Last edited:

Codaption

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3454-1643-6973
Yeah, I don't really use it that often against people who are actually smart about it.

Maybe if it was as good as it was in brawl....even then it wasn't much to look at, but at least it could kill decently if you landed it.

Infinite901

Smash Ace
NNID
Infinite901
3DS FC
3282-4624-0341
I sometimes use Rollout to pressure shields, but that use is extremely situational. As in super situational.

BSXDrayden

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BladeSatoshiX
I use Rollout occasionally (or rather VERY rarely) to get back on stage sometimes. I used to use it a lot but it's just so easily punishable and unviable a lot of the time.

I've also used Sing only in jokey Jiggs dittos and never any other time.

CHOVI

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHOVI3
3DS FC
3566-1571-6130
I've been using rollout as a tech chase/punish a lot recently, it works.
Pretty much the only use I see for Rollout. It works wonders sometimes :3

littlepuff

Smash Rookie
Just my two cents--

When: (1) the opponent is descending towards the stage free-falling (e.g. ZSS's whiffed Up-B), and (2) I'm also in the air (so I don't feel confident about connecting rest), I sometimes use sing adjacent to the free-falling opponent while we're both descending. Sing's range is much bigger than rest, and the opponent isn't put into sleep until towards the end of the sing animation (when we both land on the ground), so I can reliably connect rest after the opponent's put into sleep. I think it's a pretty solid way of using sing, especially when the opponent's free-falling has a lot of mobility (e.g. Lucas's PKT free-fall), since then it's even harder to connect rest while that opponent's on free-fall.

Otherwise, I use sing / uncharged rollout for taunting lol. Three of Jigglypuff's four specials can act as taunts. How amazing is that?

Last edited:

FlintTheWolf

Smash Cadet
NNID
SwiggitySteven
As stated by tons of people, ledge-cancelled Sing is good for catching careless or overly-aggressive opponents that try to pressure you when you're on the ledge. I've also found Sing to be useful for catching opponents who are being too predictable or who missed a really laggy move. Usually though, if an opponent misses a laggy move or is in a really predictable pattern and they're at around 40-60%, I'm going for the Rest 9 times out of 10.

As for Rollout, it seems like quite a few players have no idea how to react to it. While it seems like a move that can easily be shielded or jumped over, shielding the move all the way is a HUGE mistake. If you're able to hit your opponent's shield with it 3 times, it can actually break shields pretty easily, especially if they started shielding early and don't drop their shield between hits. However, most people drop their shield after the second hit, which is pretty much a free 12-ish% for us. It's important to iterate that this only really works on bad, careless, or unknowing players as Rollout can be spot-dodged, but for some reason, it works more than you would think. As other people have stated, Rollout is also good to punish missed techs. I also find some use out of it against players who aren't using a character with a projectile and who aren't really approaching. Last, I think it would be a decent move against someone spamming Counter (with Marth/Lucina, Ike, Shulk, Greninja, Little Mac, etc.), as you could roll towards them to bait the Counter, roll away to avoid hitting them (and, in turn, getting hit), and roll back into them to punish. I haven't really used it for that at all, but it seems as if it could be useful for that.

Top Bottom