• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When a Kirby eats a Meta...

fire_wulf

Smash Journeyman
The mask totally makes the character. When you see it.. you have to laugh to see that mask on a pink ball... with tiny little wings protruding the back... I think they could have gone without the wings though,

HuskytheGeek

Smash Journeyman
I've been a Kirby maniac since I was 4 years-old. Personally, I think this is pathetic. Everyone who has played a Kirby game with Meta Knight knows that he fights him with the sword power. The hat for the sword power is the one Kirby has when he absorbs Link. However, instead of having a sword ability when absorbing Link, he gets to use the bow. Totally inconsistent with the Kirby franchise. Now I know Smash is full of inconsistencies, but I just think it would be more of a nod to the fans if they gave Kirby the green cap and the sword ability when he absorbed Meta Knight.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Hear, hear. HuskytheGeek knows what he's talking about.

Omegakyogre

Smash Cadet
I think the main reason for the mask's awkwardness is the fact that the mask isn't big enough. If the mask covered more of his body (face? I can't tell XD ), I think it would look better. Same thing with the wings-- although it would be better if the wings turned into a cape and back just like Meta Knight. They are both popopo (I think thats right), so this would theoretically be possible in their universe. Blue kirby would look good w/ meta knights ability, I think, as well as a black kirby, should they have one.

EDIT: Also, gloves would improve it as well.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i think husky is being a little TOO much of a nerd. yes, when kirby took meta's powers in kirby games he would get an elf hat, and yes, that hat gives him a bow, and even yes, that is very inconsistent with canon. but who cares, SSBB basically has its own story and canon. saying that kirby hats should be canon with kirby games is like saying sheik shouldnt be in the game because she wasnt in TP or that samus should have to get missile ammo cause she didnt have them infinitely in her own games, or even that pikachu should be the size of bowser's big toe just because that would be canonically accurate. i dont know but i think that sakurai is more conserned with creating a fun involving and entertaining experience, and part of that entertainment is giving kirby a part of everybody's outfit in respect ot the character, and not so much their ability and also making him as cute as possible in the process. and i believe that in that respect they have suceeded overwhelmingly. He's just the cutest lil fetus ever!!!

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
but who cares, SSBB basically has its own story and canon.
Wrong, SSB is a conglomeration of many games' stories and canon. Most importantly it appeals to the fans of those games so when they do something those fans find disappointing (not adding Kirby's familiar hats) it's a step away from what the game represents. If fans of the Zelda series did not want Twilight Princess style Shiek, I would respect that opinion. Not like appearance is the same as game mechanics anyway.

RicanThunder

Smash Cadet
I think kirby looks kinda weird, probably because its the pink one maybe another color would look cooler i dunno

metaXzero

Smash Champion
I'm more concerned with the fact that Kirby's copy ability is mostly unchanged. You still only copy neutral B attacks which are usually useless (Meta Knight's neutral B is the Tornado which I think doesn't involve the sword). Once again Copy is just a novelty attack with little point other than appearance<sobs>.

thenightsshadow

Smash Rookie
I have to agree.

Kirby swallowing Captain Olimar. What's his neutral B-move? Oh, nice, a bunch of Pikmin.

Horrible.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
when kirby took meta's powers in kirby games he would get an elf hat, and yes, that hat gives him a bow
So far as I know, Kirby has never been able to swallow MK. He tries that also in anime, but doesn´t succeed. That´s why it´s a little sad, that MK can be swallowed in SSBB, but I understand that it belongs in the nature of the game. And about that green hat: In games and anime kirby got it when he swallowed a sword or a swordman and he learned to fight with the sword, but in SSB games he gets it when swallowing Link/young Link and he learns how to use bow. That´s kinda weird...

Metalknux

Smash Ace
that is one weird copy for kirby
Can you please stop putting that huge picture in every one of your posts? The whole point of new people being unable to put images in their sigs is to 'discourage abuse of signatures among newly registered accounts'. Besides, even if you were allowed to have images in your sig, pictures that big wouldn't fit.

Top Bottom