• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's your favourite Smash Bros memory/moment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smashboy1337

Smash Rookie
My favourite is when I was only 12 years old, playing Melee, and I was really tired. I was playing against bots on Onett, and I was so tired I just paused the game to go sleep. A few minutes later my beautiful cousin who was 15 at the time woke me up (it was only in the afternoon) and I was delighted to see her, since I have a crush on her and she lives a few hours away from me. After she woke me up we went downstairs to eat dinner, and after we finished I unpaused the game and finished my Onett match, while being incredibly happy.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Your use of the present tense troubles me. It's natural to have a crush on your cousins, or whatever, as a kid. I hope you're not holding onto some strange romantic interest, though. lol.

With that said, mine is my first Project M event. The homies and I had been going hardcore getting down our tech skill. Went to a small house-event with my older brother and an extension of his friend group. Despite everyone being far older than me, I managed to make it to Semi-finals with Lucas. Dude was playing Ivysaur, if I remember correctly. I recall Nair chaining him into PSI Magnet which pushed him off stage, then hit him with the Bair bicycle kick spike of destiny to close it out. I remember shaking like a madman when I put the controller down. Of course, my brother kicked my ass in Grand Finals lmao. Everytime I play Smash I'm chasing that sensation though, I swear.

Marmotbro

Smash Apprentice
Being a kid and being able to play some video games on the weekends or holidays if i was good (which was rare) and generally choosing to play Melee with my little brother. Really is one of the few parts of growing up i look back fondly on.

Being in high school and playing smash 3ds under the desk with my friends.

Lenidem

Smash Lord
Playing Melee with my best friend. He always played as Marth, I was mostly into Sheik, we went very often at the Temple. Whenever one of us is stuck on the small area in the down right, we stop moving so that the other, who's waiting for him to try a move, can Obi-Wan him : "It's over Anakin! I have the high ground!"

Cracke

Smash Journeyman
I was playing Brawl with my brother, and once I we were on the last 30 seconds I found out how to rest with :ultjigglypuff: and then I beat the guy who always won. Now I always beat him.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
My favorite Smash Bros. memory of all time was when me and my sister was playing Melee and we were talking about the possibility of Mewtwo being a hidden character. We played a ton of matches and later on my sister decided to stop playing, while I beg her to play one more match with me and she did. After the match was over, we were greeted to Mewtwo's silhouette in the Challenger Approaching screen and we were screaming off the top of our lungs, especially when we first saw Mewtwo in action. It was a night I'll never forget. :)

Last edited:

HenryXLII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HenryXLII
3DS FC
3153-3904-2933
I was but an innocent lad playing classic mode in Melee. I was feeling bold that day, and decided to play on "hard" mode to test my skills. It was a surprisingly smooth run all the way up to Master Hand. Then, the game paused itself, and slowly the camera panned all on it's own. I looked at my controller assuming there was some kind of error, but when I looked back up at the screen I was greeted by a strange occurrence.

Master Hand was in the background, and I stared at it for a few moments just to see if that really was him. I reluctantly pressed the start button and a terrifying cackle played as the new "Master Hand" crawled it's way to center stage. I was in full panic mode at this point, thinking my game was haunted or something, it didn't take long for me to lose all of my stocks.

That was my introduction to Crazy Hand, and I spent a long time after that trying to recreate that moment. It took a while, but when I finally hunted him down and beat him, it was one of the most satisfying moments I have ever experienced in a game. Even now, hearing Crazy Hand's scream upon defeat brings me a sense of completion.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I don't think I've had a specific memory moment, but I've had a couple of really fun doubles matches on Team For Glory back in Smash 4. They were when I got paired up with a really competent and skilled player, going up against other competent and skilled players who also don't lag or spam. Those were the times I genuinely had fun, and would be happy either winning or losing the match. I can't really say the same for Ultimate's online because nobody plays anything but 1v1s on Elite, and Battle Arenas are prone to teamstacking, which makes it a little less fun and fair.

Superxav12

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2938-9971-2240
I remember when ultimate was announced played smash 4 for 3ds since I did not have a switch. When I saw the first direct I was excited but not sure If I could get a switch before it came out. Then when I saw Ridley I was speechless, I just got up and said I have to get a switch NOW!

candysell

Smash Cadet
My friend and I way back in the day played Melee and we were down to our last stock. He was Link and I was Roy. We have an intense battle where we are both high on % so any of us could have lost at any moment. He ends up hitting me with an up smash launching me out and into the Team Rocket blasting off again animation. He gets so excited that he drops his controller and he ends up falling off the stage. I won.

Last edited:

Room100

Smash Apprentice
There's two things that stick out for me. The release of Ultimate was basically a holiday for me, I scheduled a checkup that day just so I could be at home when it arrived and then I played it non-stop. Going to NY after E3 was pretty cool too.

The other thing is Smashball, which is basically like a fantasy league of Smash using CPUs that me and my friends do. During the first championship (the Smashbowl) our univ was on strike so we were able to watch it on a giant screen in a performance hall.

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
Hard to choose:

A) booting up melee for the first time and seeing the intro (went into the game blind I didn't use internet back then so no idea what to expect)

B) entering my first tournament and actually winning the whole thing (was in the days of melee)

C) the first time I beat event 51 in melee

it'd be between these 3.

D

Deleted member

My favorite Smash memory? Buying the Fighters Pass right after the Direct for :ult_terry:. Although my girls :ultpeach::ultbayonetta1::ultdaisy::ultrosalina: are my mains always, the DLC characters I enjoy so far.

Honorable mention goes to the unlock fight against :ultgreninja:. I did beat him on the first try but he was edge guarding me like hell. I can safely say I have gotten my first taste of competitive play. Similarly, during the unlock fight against :ultchrom:, he and I exchanged blows putting each of us well over 100%. But I landed the finishing blow, killing him at ~210%. And yes, I got him on the first try. In fact, most of the characters I unlocked on the first attempt.

Sayonara :bowser:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom