• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's your favorite way to lose?

Cheezy23

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cheezy23
As the title asks, what is your favorite way to lose?

Personally, I can't help but be happy when a Ganoncide wins, regardless of what side of it I'm on.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
I always find myself perfectly okay with a loss when I am doing something and they read my move (usually a roll) and hit me with a fully charged smash or something. I'm just left in amazement.

Jonney

Smash Cadet
NNID
hawkeye721
3DS FC
4253-3982-7075
When you Rest another jiggly only for them to re-spawn and Rest you back before you wake up.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
To a good Palutena or "Regular" Pit, despite me still likely to get angry. It just shows that those 2 characters got potential, and I'm not the only one that's putting in work with them. It's strange, I know.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Fighting down to the wire. As opposed to getting 2-stocked without getting a KO in.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
When it's due to a clearly visible stupid mistake that I know how to avoid next time on my part. Most of my other losses just make my weaknesses too subtle to learn anything from, and they just make me feel inadequate.

Evello

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TinyTinyHippo
3DS FC
0473-7825-0053
I love when my opponent and I are both at crazy high percentage, dive at each other, and let loose kill moves at the same time. It all comes down to who timed the attack better or spaced better. I don't even feel disappointed when I lose those matches; it's too exciting to matter.

D

Deleted member 269706

Taking a Falcon Punch to the face always leaves me laughing...with a broken face. Probably the most honorable way to go.

Artryuu

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Artryuu
3DS FC
5086-2093-6692
Diddy's throw to up air

Of course not :laugh: . I don't mind losing to shulk dittos that managed to get a sweet backslash.

Vic

Smash Cadet
NNID
victimer3
I like losing in close battles where my timing is just off and they punish me for it. Gotta commend their follow up in such a high stress environment.

Vyledust

Smash Cadet
NNID
vyledust
3DS FC
4828-5240-3817
Switch FC
SW-0024-1518-2334
I do not mind losing against someone equal skilled if all of our matches are about even.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I take my losses like a real man against someone in the same skill level as I am.

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
If I lose, it's going to be in a blaze of glory against an opponent of my skill level.

Everything else is unacceptable.

PCHU

Smash Lord
If I lose to someone who genuinely outplayed me or if the match itself was enjoyable (Wario/Snake dittos in Brawl especially), I'm okay with it.
This series is (supposed to be) about having fun, even if you do play to win; any match that makes me laugh or smile is a good one in my book.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I actually find it hilarious getting KOd with uairs, when I hit the front of the screen.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I once played this Sonic (who wasn't good at all) that somehow got me down to my last stock. I was at a pretty high percent, so I went all or nothing like I do when I'm a stock down. I jumped after him and he Springed and I meteor punched at the same time. I spiked the everliving **** out of him. It was so amazing I didn't even bother trying to recover. I just let Mario gracefully flip his way down while my mind processed that glorious spike. If I could rewrite that scene however I wanted, I'd keep it exactly the same. I lost the fight, but I won because of that spike. I love losing in ways like that.

Abyssal Lagiacrus

Fly across the high seas and mountains
NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
I actually enjoy losing against players who actually play well, such as great reads, variation, skill, etc.

Last edited:

stancosmos

Smash Journeyman
As the title asks, what is your favorite way to lose?

Personally, I can't help but be happy when a Ganoncide wins, regardless of what side of it I'm on.
Against another skilled Falcon. I can't help but feel i learned something during the match.

Least favorite way? Not grabbing the ledge on Lyat cruise.. Even the omega stage, why the can't i ever latch on?!? It's my first strikeout every time i see it on the official stage list.

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
Rosalina vs Rosalina at high percents at the last stocks. Luma shots at the same time and both fly past to hit the other Rosie...

:rosalina::rosalina::rosalina:

SphyreYui

Smash Rookie
Dittos are fun win or lose to me, but also when you die in a crazy way is also fun like when a ganon side b a friend off the edge and i happened to be under that edge and when ganon went down he took my friend down and me with them.

JayFresh

Smash Cadet
When someone lands a good KO meteor on me at low %, both my fav kills, and fav way to die XD

Mcmammoth

Smash Rookie
Cheeky warlock punch to the face or falcon up-tilt to the top of the head when recovering

MarioFireRed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MarioFireRed
3DS FC
5026-4457-8398
When I lose to a genuinely better player with the game coming pretty close. Doesn't happen very often since I don't take advantage of actually facing human opponents but when it happens I'm instantly saving a replay.

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
Hmm, I love grueling long, close battles win or lose. Those are the most fun. More so than 2 stocking or getting 2 stocked. Outside of those, the Wario Waft comment was the best. :D

Morbi

Scavenger
I enjoy losing to a well-executed self-destruction. Sometimes, if I know my opponent will win the match or if my heart is not into the battle, I will purposely suicide so that they do not feel as though they earned the victory.

Freezie KO

Smash Journeyman
When I get completely read and hit with a big smash or powerful move, I can't help but nod and admit I've been got.

Starstealer

Smash Rookie
NNID
Starstealer25
I love it when I get beat so bad that it literally happens in moments after the start of the match. Like a beating so epic it's almost hilarious. It doesn't happen often because I consider myself a fairly competent player, but when it does I can't help but burst out laughing.

But then for round two, if they stick around I'm happy to give them a heck of a fight.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Fighting to the bitter end. If it was a great match and I know I played well, Losing doesn't bother me.

The 0ne

Smash Journeyman
NNID
toady3
3DS FC
0104-2324-5980
Losing to a Kirby that knows my neutral special better than I do.

P.S. I'm a Kirby player as well.

CosmicGlitch

Smash Apprentice
wiffing my god damn pk thunder, twice -.-
just gotta laugh it off and prove that im not that terrible in the next game

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
I like losing in such a way that I learn something. That's my goal. If I'm losing, I better have an idea of how to fix it next round. Or at least make the next round closer.

Sattoz

Smash Rookie
NNID
Sir8BitHero
I have to give props to my opponent when they manage to mind game me into getting hit by a PKT2.

Top Bottom