• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whats your favorite trailers? Of smash 4.

What are your favorite trailers?

• Villager comes to town

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Megaman joins the battle

Votes: 17 28.8%
  • Wii fit trainer weighs in

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Sonic

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • Rosalina & luma launch to battle

• Little Mac punches in

Votes: 16 27.1%
  • Charizard fires it up/Greninja makes a splash

Votes: 11 18.6%
  • Miis. (Reggie vs iwata.)

• Palutena alights/dark pit

Votes: 12 20.3%
  • Pac-man hungers for battle/mr game and watch

Votes: 8 13.6%
  • Lucina wakes her blade/Captain falcon/Robin brings the thunder

Votes: 25 42.4%
  • Shulk foresees a fight

Votes: 10 16.9%
  • Bowser jr clowns the competition and the koopalings

Votes: 10 16.9%
  • Duck hunt takes aim

• Mewtwo strikes back (is on the way)

• Lucas comes out of nowhere

• Roy seals the deal

• Here comes a new challenger Ryu

Votes: 9 15.3%
  • Cloud storms the competition

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • Corrin chooses smash

• Bayonetta gets wicked

Votes: 14 23.7%

• Total voters

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
we have comes a long way but now all trailers and all characters are finally revealed

The most hype thing was the trailers and here they are

So which one of those trailers was the most hype/favorite of all of them

Here's each pin points on the videos
0:05 = :4villager:
1:53 = :4megaman:
3:19 =:4wiifit:
4:09 = :4sonic:
4:42 = :rosalina:
7:14 = :4littlemac:
9:13 = :4charizard:/:4greninja:
11:26 = :4mii:/:4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword:
14:18 = :4palutena:/:4darkpit:
17:08 = :4pacman:/:4gaw:
18:37 :4lucina:/:4falcon:/:4robinm:
21:17 = :4shulk:
23:18 = :4bowserjr:/:4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig:
25:18 = :4duckhunt:
27:30(1) then 27:53(2) = :4mewtwo:
28:56 = :4lucas:
30:20 = :4feroy:
31:36 = :4ryu:
33:11 = :4cloud:
36:00 = :4corrin:
38:27 = :4bayonetta:

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
:4megaman:, :4littlemac:,:4mewtwo:,:4ryu: and:4cloud:'s trailers were pretty much all the trailers I got the most hype on.

:4megaman:= Highly requested, Super Fighting Robot :awesome:
:4littlemac:= Really enjoyed his games, the only character I can say I called and lots of fun XD :p
:4mewtwo:= Signaled the start of DLC and the wild ride that was the DLC hype train.
:4ryu:- Its Ryu, from streets. Crossover king of video games in Smash, what isn't there to get hyped about? :p
:4cloud:- Like Cloud said himself, I'd never thought I'd see the day CLOUD would be in Smash 4.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I really like the anime artwork done for Paletuna's trailer.

The Iwata vs Reggie acting for the Mii trailer was also very well done.

Swampertrulz

Smash Lord
NNID
Swampertrulz
3DS FC
3883-9003-2472
:4cloud:. I'd never thought he'd see the day ;) A close second would be BAE-onetta.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Well according to the one I have watched over and over the most (and still do) as well as watched reaction over reaction for is Wii Fit Trainer.

CrispyKarp

Smash Rookie
NNID
Muscar
3DS FC
0404-7247-3657
I was definitely the most hyped over bayonetta. I said ages ago that I think she would be a cool fighter to add in, and the trailer portrays her as a strong addition. Hopefully she won't let me down

Jaketto

Smash Rookie
My favorite trailer was easily Cloud's. Reason being is that when I first heard about it I lost my mind! What a unique addition that adds so much more potential characters. Plus the actual trailer was impressive and he didn't disappoint.

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
:4robinm:/:4robinf:/:4lucina:/:4falcon:: Not only was the trailer very well put together, I just love the Fire Emblem games, so this was good news to me.
:4mii:/:4miif:: My body was SO not ready for this awesome trailer.
:4shulk:: It was great seeing Xenoblade stuff!
:4ryu:: Dat SFII intro tho...
:4cloud:: Let's be real, Cloud was one of most hype DLC here.
:4corrin:/:4corrinf:: Lost In Thought All Alone playing in the background to a chainsaw-wielding dragon? What's not to love?
:4bayonetta:: The person who is essentially Dante 2.0 in Smash? Don't mind if I do!

Hoplite

Smash Rookie
My personal favorites were :4megaman:,:4greninja:/:4charizard:,:4shulk:,:4palutena:/:4darkpit:,:rosalina:,:4ryu:, and :4villager:
:4megaman:: The shock reveal, masterfully executed so that you really didn't know it was him until he put on his helmet.
:4greninja:/:4charizard:: Sakurai messing with the community, harvesting Mewtwo fan tears
:4shulk:: Honestly a very well done trailer, felt just like how a smash trailer should feel.
:4palutena:/:4darkpit:: Beautiful animation AND dropping in another character so subtly that nobody actually thought he was a fighter
:rosalina:: Honestly one of my faves right under megaman, everything was done right.
:4ryu:: A great throw back to SFII
:4villager:: A great intro to smash 4's hype train.

The one I liked the least (They were all great) : :4sonic:. Summed up with "Oh by the way sonic is back", very underwhelming.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Seeing :4robinm: in Awakening's cutscene artstyle was nice. And my preferred FE: A ship ( :4robinm: x :4lucina:) got some screentime, so that was a cherry on top.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
:4robinm: and :4falcon:'s trailer. I think Lucina was there too, but whatever, we finally got a non pure sword lord for FE. Thank you Falcon for saving us from the tyranny of Gematsu.

:4charizard: and :4greninja: trailer is often played down, but it's one of the better looking ones. Can't say I care for either Pokemon as playable characters, but that trailer was certainly fist pumpingly cool.

:4bowserjr: and :4ludwig::4larry::4iggy::4roy::4wendy::4morton::4lemmy:
Koopalings resurgence after being missing for all those years alone is enough to pump me up. Combine with the reveal of 8 PLAYER SMASH which was clearly created with them in mind and I'm giddy with excitement.

Honourable mentions:
:4pacman: and :4littlemac:'s respective trailers for just making me excited for my most wanted third party and a guy I never knew I wanted but now want to never see leave.

Least favourite trailers, because frankly; negativity is fun to write about;
:rosalina:
This is not Toad. Salt. All the salt forever. SALT. D<

:4palutena:
What an amazing trailer for hyping me up for playing as Pit Vs. Link. What a shame this was meant to be getting me excited to play as Palutena instead. For a Palutena trailer she barely shows up and does anything. Honestly the crappiest trailer. AND THEN WE SEE DARK PIT.

:4corrin:
The old Fire Emblem fatigue was kicking in by this point.
A shame because it's actually a pretty good trailer aside from some weird parts("Big Brother is now Big Sister?" "Even better!" wtf does that even mean?). Had we not had Robin, Lucina and Roy and importantly had a chance to play his game it'd probably have been better received.

Last edited:

LordCQ

Smash Journeyman
:4robinm: and :4falcon:'s trailer. I think Lucina was there too, but whatever, we finally got a non pure sword lord for FE. Thank you Falcon for saving us from the tyranny of Gematsu.
To be fair, Robin is not a Lord unit nor a noble-house character.

But this was my favourite trailer ever, followed by Bayonetta and Mewtwo!

Jakenomad2.0

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1736-2266-7056
I wasn't happy about :4corrin: being in smash but I liked how he just chooses to Smash instead of everything, and most importantly BIG BROTHER IS NOW BIG SISTER, EVEN BETTER!

MacClarence

Smash Rookie
Little Mac's is the best by far, DAT MUSIC DAT DOC LOUIS HYPE

HIT EM BAYBEH!

Cloud's was also cool too

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I don't care much for Fire Emblem, but Robin's trailer was really good. Really hyped me up despite not knowing much about him.

D

Deleted member

:4villager:: Pretty nice trailer to start off with and we got more veterans than we did when Brawl was first revealed. Not as hype as let's say Meta Knight, Pit, and Wario getting confirmed in the same trailer, but still an amazing start.
:4sonic:: It was short, sweet, and simple. I was super hyped when I saw Sonic was returning in this game; I was afraid that he was going to get cut. I even screamed, "SONIC! SONIC! OH MY GOD! SONIC!"
:4littlemac:: A nice comic book style of animation and the trailer greatly detailed the strengths and weaknesses of Mac and what kind of character he is. It's an amazing way to represent such a colorful series.
:4robinm:: Not hyped for Lucina, but Robin?! The fact the trailer used Awakening's animations was incredible and the trailer was detailed as to what to expect from Robin. Also, this was hype because of how unexpected it was; I didn't want Chrom in the game, so I was pleasantly surprised with Robin (and I actually like Robin).
:4shulk:: Simply put, I got my most wanted character in the game. While the leaks and the fact that the trailer was shown in Japan only at first certainly killed the moment, it was still amazing in my eyes. Now I get to see one of my favorite characters fight against Mario and other Nintendo mascots! It also featured a lot of nice references to Xenoblade.
:4bowserjr:: It was just epic, simply put. I just enjoyed the trailer throughout.
:4duckhunt:: I feel as though Duck Hunt's trailer had a lot of charm to it, with how it transitioned from the 8-bit graphics to the Smash graphics. I was also glad to see the Duck Hunt stage.
:4mewtwo:: NOT his trailer, because it was kinda basic and show what I expected. But his 50-Fact Extravaganza trailer... holy hell. I screamed "MEWTWO! MEWTWO! HE'S COMING BACK! MEWTWO!" I was just so hyped to see Mewtwo finally return after being cut from Brawl.
:4ryu:: Not the biggest Street Fighter fan and the leaks did ruin the surprise, but it showcased Ryu as a very fun character to play as and I loved the beginning of his trailer. I think that trailer alone made me realize that this character was going to be top tier...
:4cloud:: I wasn't sure about an FF character, but playing FF6 made me warm up to one. So, to see that Cloud got in not only got me confused, but also greatly excited. Just... Cloud Strife is in Smash 4?! I was speechless after seeing that trailer and he looked amazing. After that, I made sure to get FF7 after beating FF6. Also, he was a complete shock.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
:4bowserjr: and :4ludwig::4larry::4iggy::4roy::4wendy::4morton::4lemmy:
Koopalings resurgence after being missing for all those years alone is enough to pump me up. Combine with the reveal of 8 PLAYER SMASH which was clearly created with them in mind and I'm giddy with excitement.
But they've been back since 2009 (technically 2003 if you really want to split hairs) or did you mean having real representation (outside of stickers) in Smash?

D

Deleted member

:4megaman: - My most wanted character got in, and seeing his moveset in action was nothing short of hype.
:4sonic: - Sonic was one of my favorite newcomers from Brawl, so I was excited to see him return.
:4littlemac: - Both the stylized opening and the gameplay footage impressed me. Mac seemed like a natural fit for Smash.
:4mii: - Mainly because of the Reggie vs. Iwata battle.
:4palutena: - Mainly because of the anime sequence with Link fighting Pit.
:4pacman: - I was skeptical of Pac-Man's moveset potential at first, but then my worries were put to rest.
:4shulk: - My other most wanted character ended up becoming my most hyped at reveal. The leaks may have ruined the surprise, but I was too awestruck at what I saw in the trailer to really care much.
:4bowserjr: - He was leaked and I unlocked him in the 3DS version prior to his reveal, but I enjoyed seeing Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings in action nonetheless.
:4feroy: - Mainly because of this:
:4ryu: - I don't recall ever maining Ryu in any Street Fighter game other than the first, but I was impressed upon first witnessing his moveset.
:4cloud: - I was in shock and awe. I thought Cloud had absolutely no chance of happening partially due to Final Fantasy VII not gracing a Nintendo system and his only appearances on Nintendo being Final Fantasy spin-offs and Kingdom Hearts cameos, but I couldn't have been more wrong. I was also grateful that the Final Fantasy series was finally represented in Smash, even if I would have preferred someone from I-VI like Black Mage, Cecil, or Terra.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
1. :4megaman: Because Mega Man was always something that I wanted to see happen. V my joy was barely uncontainable.
2.:4bayonetta: Because it had the style and pop of what a final character reveal should be. Also, I was parked in a parking lot while watching it and went nuts. An old lady was staring at me, frightened, the whole time.
3.:4ryu: Because Street Fighter II was my first Street Fighter.
4.:4shulk: It was awesome Xenoblade getting represented. Plus, I was really drunk when the trailer debut at a bar and I went nuts.
5.:4greninja: It was cool seeing all those Pokemon. Plus Mario vs Charizard. It was a really cool action packed trailer.
6.:4cloud: Long time FF fan that really paid tribute to FF7.

All the others were not hype-worthy to me and met with "oh, cool."

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
:4megaman:- The music, the dramatic reveal, the attention to detail (Megaman's eyes functioning like TV bulbs, Megaman's hands transforming to use different weapons, and Megaman's "brain" storing info on the Robot Masters was so cool). Also, he was my most wanted character for this game and my second most wanted for Brawl.
:4wiifit:- The ultimate troll reveal. A total bait and switch and I'm surprised they had the balls to reveal her on the E3 showfloor in front of thousands of people.
:4littlemac:- Loved the animation style and it would be a shame if Nintendo didn't make a game in this style in the future.
:4mii:- Seeing two CEOs fighting anime style was so hilarious and surreal that, even though the character was about as antihype as you can get, this will easily be one of the most memorable moments from this speculation cycle.
:4bowserjr::4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig:- If the Koopalings hadn't had been spoiled, I probably would have crapped my pants at this reveal because the Koopalings were characters I wanted as a kid but saw as impractical as I got older. Their addition was genius. Bowser Jr himself is one of my least favorite video game characters but the addition of the Koopalings made this one of my favorite newcomers for this game.
:4lucas:-Really captured the emotional depth of how much people missed this character and recognized that in most fans' head canons, Ness and Lucas are practically best friends/brothers.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
:4cloud: - So we got stuff like Pac-Man, Ryu, the Wii Fit Trainer, Mewtwo back and others that we thought there would be no surprises left. Then, after the conclusion of a Nintendo Direct, Reggie tells us there's one more trailer. We're in space, not knowing what it will reveal, the Smash Bros. logo comes out followed by the Final Fantasy VII logo and we see Cloud freaking Strike, a character whose most appearances are in Playstation and his inclusion was pretty much a joke, was now in Smash.

It's the trailer that left the most impact to me.

:4megaman: - Everything in this trailer was epic, with the remix of Willy's Castle being perfect music in the background.

:4palutena: - My most wanted newcomer in a trailer animated by Shaft. What's not to love?

:4lucina:/:4robinm: - We all expected Chrom when seeing the trailer start, then Lucina was confirmed, then :4falcon: appears, then :4robinm:.

:4ryu: - The beggining was one of the best due to the SFII homage. Sadly leaks happened and the hype wasn't what it could've been.

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
:4robinm:'s reveal was the single most hyped Ive ever been for a video game.

Peak hype at "Time to tip the scales!"

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Warning: Wall of text incoming!

Top 5 favorite trailers (starting with #1, being the most favorite):

:4greninja: - Definitely my favorite trailer. It had the action and the surprise. I was among many that thought we were going to get Mewtwo the moment the shadow appeared, but unlike others, I wasn't too enthusiastic about it, because Mewtwo was an expected inclusion for me. When Greninja was revealed to be the shadow, I was shocked. One of my favorite Pokemon of all time, as well as one of my two favorite generation 6 Pokemon at the time, made it Smash.

Did I mention the music was awesome? Yes, I remember the best part of the X/Y trainer theme playing right when Greninja used Hydro Pump to jump off the tree branch, and then the same part of the theme playing when they showed all the Pokemon Final Smashes. Both were definitely the best parts of the trailer. It was the first trailer that really got me hyped to play the game.

:4bayonetta: - Her reveal trailer had the perfect nature and style for the final character reveal, filled with many memorable moments. For me, my favorite part was towards the end when she said "Time for the best part! Smashing!" (and her lips were synced to that very quote too as the camera zoomed in on her face!) shortly after the Smash Ball was shown and the music was reaching its peak. I also really liked the ending touch with all the roses brushing to queue into the Smash Bros title card.

:4palutena: - While it was obvious who the reveal was going to be the moment the trailer started (not to mention I predicted she'd be playable in Smash 4), I absolutely loved the anime art style with the duel between Pit and Link. It made me wish there was an actual Smash Bros anime. Also, what was the name of the track playing during that anime battle? It sounded really epic!

:4megaman: - His reveal trailer was handled perfectly for a character that was heavily requested for a long time. The suspense of curiosity regarding who the character was when he was first shadowed with the moon in the background, then the helmet pops on, the eyes turn on, and we are introduced to the epic Mega Man 2 Remix that was ice cream for the ears. The action was also fantastic to watch. When Megaman attacked with the gears onto Mario and Link, you knew things were getting real (and it was an epic moment too; the music changed to the best part, you had the Matrix slow down with Mario as he narrowly dodges the gear, and then the other gear scraps Link's shield in another well done Matrix showdown!). It was the perfect transition to reveal Megaman's moveset utilizes a variety of his power-ups from the series.

:4bowserjr: - Probably the most dramatic out of all the reveal trailers we got. The setting was dark, and the music was ominous. With Bowser Jr.'s approach towards all the fighters that appeared in the opening segment combined with the tone, I had this vibe like Bowser Jr. wanted to kill Mario. Even the way the Koopalings were revealed was really ominous. Prior to this trailer, I really didn't think Bowser Jr. would have such a dramatic trailer; I thought he'd have a funnier one since Bowser Jr. (as well as the Koopalings) is usually portrayed in a humorous light. Boy, was I wrong, and I'm glad I was surprised with how his trailer was handled. Now, if only that trailer came out before Smash 3DS was released, that would've been even more hype.

Yes, I'm a sucker for any reveal trailer that involves epic action of some sort, hence why my top 5 is filled with trailers that were more about the action and less about humor.

Honorable Mentions:

:4robinm::4lucina: - I know I said Greninja's trailer was my favorite trailer, but if I had to pick my most memorable reveal trailer, it would definitely be this one. Out of all the reveal trailers, this was one that had my heart beating the hardest, not to mention my emotions were racing everywhere when I first watched it. At the time, Chrom was my second most wanted character for Smash, and when I saw him lying down on the ground like, I was screaming in my mind (I was at work watching this trailer live) for Chrom to get up because I didn't want to see my second most wanted getting deconfirmed. I was hoping that Chrom would get up and be the one to save Lucina as Captain Falcon was about to reach in for the KO.

Speaking of which, that battle was epic to watch, and the suspense reached a whole new level with the main theme of FE:Awakening playing during that moment. Then, feelings of surprise overtook me as I noticed Robin made it in, a character that many thought wouldn't make it in before Chrom. As the gameplay footage played, I remember hoping for a curveball where Chrom would be revealed to join... but we got Lucina instead. Well, Lucina was cool, so I didn't complain too much...

Then came the very end, and Chrom, stilly lying down in defeat, uttered the words "I suppose I'll get my chance another day". At that moment, I felt crushed. Sure they revealed Chrom was going to be in Robin's Final Smash, but it just didn't feel the same. My 2nd most wanted character for Smash 4 was deconfirmed in the most brutal way possible. I wanted to cry, but I couldn't because I wasn't in the right place to do so. Luckily, I didn't shed a tear at anytime after watching the trailer, but I still felt really hurt about what I saw that day. In the months that followed, I moved on and learned to appreciate Robin and Lucina. When I look back, this was the trailer that played with my emotions the moment, hence why it is the most memorable for me.

:4littlemac: - While I wasn't that excited to see Little Mac in Smash, I do remember enjoying his trailer quite a lot. I really liked the opening segment with his training, as the arty style used there reminded me of Street Fighter. This was also the first time we got hear the Running remix, and it sure fit the trailer really well (not to mention it sounded epic). I also liked the transition into the gameplay footage, as the segment with Samus making fun of Little Mac's height was a fun reference to one of the first pictures from the Smash Dojo of Little Mac as an Assist Trophy back in the pre-Brawl days, and seeing Little Mac deliver that uppercut was pretty satisfying.

:4feroy: - The fact Nintendo acknowledged the whole Roy joke that was prevalent in the Smash community in the days prior to his reveal is what made this a highly memorable trailer for me.

:4duckhunt: - Probably one of the funniest reveal trailers we got. This was the kind of trailer that made you smile in amusement, and I really liked how the gameplay footage was presented compared to other trailers; it was actually syncing with the Duck Hunt Medley playing in the background, which made the trailer even more amusing.

Last edited:

Raven the Obsidian

Smash Cadet
NNID
RavenTheObsidian
3DS FC
3866-8144-2758
Robin, Cloud and Bayonetta BLEW MY MIND. I also loved the part in Roy's trailer where 8 Roys all Flare Bladed each other.

Tarastel

Claymore
NNID
Tarastel
:4cloud: It took me days before my mind finally let the information that he was in Smash sink in. Then I was just in shock for a few more days.

:4corrinf: :4corrin: when they got announced, I just laughed. I laughed HARD. I didn't think he would add another one, but when he did, I could already hear all that anger out in the world. I was pleasantly confused.

:4palutena: :4shulk: :4mii:Opening scenes.

:4lucina: :4robinm: This is coming from someone with over 1200 hours on Awakening. I had always wanted to get into Fire Emblem since Melee, but was too young and didn't have the money for it. Several years later I get awakening, first play through I already married Robin off to Lucina making those two dorks two of my top 3 characters in that game.(though there are a number of other reasons for that). When discussion on the next Fire Emblem character came, I thought Robin and Lucina would make better choices than Chrom both for aesthetic purposes and variation(someone with magic and the first female rep of the series). When they got announced and I was watching the trailer, I was so excited I didn't know how to respond. I rarely get THAT excited so I kind of just sat there watching it. In my mind however, I was doing backflips through flaming hoops 10 feet in the air. So yeah, was very enthusiastic about their introduction. Honestly after those two, everyone else, DLC included, were just nice bonuses.

Last edited:

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I like Palutena's trailer because of the awesome fight between Link and Pit, and I like Bowser Jr's a lot as well. My favorite however still is Pac-Man's because of how hype it was. The whole scene where the screen turns yellow and then you just see Pac-Man still gets me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom