• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's your favorite Samus skin?

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Same as Lobelia, I use ONLY the Gravity suit, except, obviously, in team battles, where i'm forced to be red or green.

But, every rare occasion I tend to go dark suit to use a neat-dressed Zamus. :D

Grunge

Smash Apprentice
NNID
J-wiggity
3DS FC
2938-8119-7719
Fusion and Dark suit with gravity suit

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I consider the salmon colored Power Suit to be the original Gravity Suit. It was in Super Metroid that the hue was pink, rather than dark purple. (I'll admit that there is a darker hue associated with it in Super Metroid.) The dark purple color came around when Retro Studios made Metroid Prime. Other than that, I like the Dark Suit and Fusion Suit. If only they had altered the Fusion Suit to the actual form. They did it for Wario. I don't see why a veteran character couldn't get the same treatment.

VirisKnite

Smash Journeyman
Dryn that's exactly why I didn't want to use the fusion suit at first. Kind of like my own personal protest to Sakurai. Seriously how popular is Wario in the first place the he gets an alternate costume? I'm not saying he's a bad character, but still. Dryn I'm not sure if you felt the same but when I first saw the fusion "color scheme" I was pissed that we got short changed.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Dryn that's exactly why I didn't want to use the fusion suit at first. Kind of like my own personal protest to Sakurai. Seriously how popular is Wario in the first place the he gets an alternate costume? I'm not saying he's a bad character, but still. Dryn I'm not sure if you felt the same but when I first saw the fusion "color scheme" I was pissed that we got short changed.
When I first saw it at the DOJO (my brother would go and see the new info every night at 11:00 PM), I didn't like it. I saw that Link had a Dark Link alternative. I thought it was the most ridiculous thing, and believed that the Phazon Suit would have been a better choice if they weren't going to alter Samus' appearance.

When I got the game on March 9, 2008, my brother and I did team battles against the CPUs, or in this case, a CPU (level 9 Peach), my opinion about it changed. I think the Fusion Suit Morph Ball made me have this change of mind. After someone noted the Gravity Suit here in this thread, I think I like the Gravity Suit a lot more. I already saw it as my favorite for Zero Suit Samus. ;)

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Green Suit all the way!!!

AlAxe

Smash Journeyman
I loved the green suit in melee but it just looks awful in Brawl. I usually switch between all of them except the vomit green one.

GotACoolName

Smash Journeyman
I pretty much like all of her colors now. My absolute favorite is the Varia Suit, but I also love the Dark Suit, purple Gravity Suit, pink classic Gravity (in Super)/Varia (in NES) Suit, and Vomit Suit and switch between all five. I use the Fusion Suit on rare occasions as well.

VirisKnite

Smash Journeyman
Hey Dryn, Gravity Suit is hands down my fav for ZSS as well, although I like the pink suit too. Since I like the normal power suit and fusion suit for their sleekness, I decided that since I was going to have to use the bulkier suit I might as well go with the Gravity.

But recently I decided to start switching between the colors. So I guess I haven't payed enough attention to how the morph ball looks with the fusion colors. And you Sir have sparked my interest.

Unfortunately I'm out of town, so I can't check myself :(. I'll have to look through the vid thread to see if anyone used the fusion color and bombs. You wouldn't happen to remember any would you?

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I don't really check the video thread, so I can't say I know of anyone using the Morph Ball, let alone rolling while wearing the Fusion Suit. I just like how the red on the Fusion Suit stands out, especially when using the Morph Ball. You may notice that the red doesn't have the same hue on the Fusion Suit, either.

Top Bottom