• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's your favorite instrument?

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
I think everyone who listens to music has a fav instrument, so what do you like?. I like the synthesizer. Rush is great like that.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
There are too may instruments that, when played in the right song, are perfection to the ears:

Violin
Cello
Saxophone
Guitar
Piano
and many more...

SHINE FX

Smash Apprentice
I personally like the piano, tuba (I'm biased since I used to play it), cello, violin, piccolo, and french horn. The acoustic guitar is nice too.

dinoneil

Smash Rookie
An acoustic guitar is my weapon of choice. Practicing with it also helps practice my fingers for playing smash and other things. >.>

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
My favorite instrument is the Electric Guitar probably. I play, and enjoy the sound :)

Listening, however, probably a keyboard...

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
String instruments mostly, but I think any instrument can sound amazing. Electric guitar wins for coolness and piano wins for classiness.

Sariku

Smash Master
The Electric Guitar, yes it may sound like something everyone says, but you can really make alot of awesome songs with that thing.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Gosh... This is hard.

The bassoon is an awesome instrument... and I also love oboes and english horns.

In the end the favorite for me would probably be alto saxophone, though. It's just so awesome and fun to play, and also to listen to. Not that I couldn't say the same thing about the bassoon, but the alto saxophone I kind of got emotionally attached to. XD

The cello would be another one. I've never played it, though, so I won't claim it as my favorite.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
It all really depends on what genre I'm listening to...

I guess I'll have to say Piano, since it sounds good in any music.

But just by general sound, I'm gonna say the French Horn.

X-threilyss

Smash Apprentice
I love anything that's played well.. but i suppose if i had to pick a single #1 favorite, it would have to be the piano. And i especially love watching when the player gets really into it..

*drool*.. last month i saw this awesome electric violin for like $500 in a music magazine.. zomg, i wanted to buy it so bad...

Kada

Smash Journeyman
When it comes down to what I like listening to the most, I would have to go with Piano. It's an instrument that never sounds bad. You can play a fast, hyped up song, or you can play a slow, mournful song. If it's on the Piano, it will sound beautiful (providing... you know how to play it, since I'm kind of assuming that :laugh:)

I also really love listening to Acustic guitars. Generally, but not always, if you give me a nice latin acustic guitar song, I'll enjoy it more than an electric guitar song. Acustic guitars = perfection for the ears.

I also like Saxophone. since I play it. Listening to a nice Jazzy saxophone is always great.

plasmawisp6633

Smash Journeyman
Since I play drums, I naturally always liked drums the best. I also like bass, acoustic or electric, although I don't know how to play it.

ZeldaFox38

Smash Lord
I've played Piano, Flute, Percussion, and Bassoon. Out of those, the Bassoon is my favorite, and I hate the flute the most. Mostly because the flute parts always sound so wimpy.

I mean, when you play Bassoon, you always get attention. It's like, "**** girl, what's up with that rocket launcher?" But it does sound nice, and the parts are usually varied enough so I'm not stuck on bass line all the time.

Outside of that, I do like Bass Clarinets and Trombones. Lower stringed instruments are also cool. I also like some synthesized sounds and "voices", like those used in the Dr. Who theme song or Frampton's Talk Box.

eski

Smash Rookie
The Acoustic guitar. I don't know why, I've liked it since i was young, so i guess I stuck with it. If you know how to play it, it can fit your mood. Whether you're happy or depressed, there's a song on the acoustic that'll fit that mood.

Master_Pig

Smash Cadet
The acoustic guitar is my choice instrument. Playing guitar is pretty much a tradition in my family so they are always pushing me to play and get better and stick with it even if I don't really want to. Lol

Top Bottom