• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's your favorite chain grab?

Your favorite.. Ok the title aleardy said it.

• Total voters

GangsterPuff

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gpuff
3DS FC
1289-9497-1235
Note that IC's chain grab doesn't count, and this is about your favorite chain grab, not the best. And please do not just pick a character because you main him/her. So yeah guys, tell me what's your favorite chain grab. This includes grab releases and reads. This is going to be a thread based mostly on voting purpose.

Vale

Smash Ace
I like the Pikachu d-throw combo on Falco. Pretty cool.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
S
so... What's the accurate info?
Here are the character to character chain grabs: (most characters basically mean fast fallers and heavy weights.)
Bowser- all characters, Wario I don't know why you mentioned all characters AND Wario...but yeah I'm pretty sure Bowser can't CG DK
CF- Wario Also MK
Charizard- Ness & Lucas
DK- all characters, mostly Ness & Lucas He can't CG all chars, wtf. Only with a wall
Falco- all characters
Fox- buffer on most characters Nope
ICs- need I say more?
Ike- Wario
King D3- all characters Nope. He can't CG anyone lighter than Marth
Kirby- most characters Pretty sure this isn't true. Maybe like 1 or 2 regrabs on a few chars? Definitely not 'most'
Link- most characters LOLWAT
Lucario- most characters SideB chaingrab isn't true cause you can mash out very easily, uthrow only on some fastfallers
Ganon- all characters Oh god no
Mario/luigi- all characters Nope
Peach- all characters I know it's on quite a lot of chars, but I don't think it's all.
Pikachu- all characters Same as Peach
Pit- most characters At most, same as Peach. At least, only a few. So this one might be right.
Olimar- all characters Nope.
Samus- Wario
Sheik- most characters Nope
Snake- all characters Nope
Sonic- all characters Nope
Squrtile- Ness
TL- Link, most characters Nope
Wario- most characters Only a few
Wolf- all characters, Falco, Wario Nope
Yoshi- all characters A lot, but not all
ZZS- most characters, Wario, Squritle Nope. Heavies with fthrow, Pikachu MK Lucas Squirtle Wario with air release
The following information above might not be accurate, leave your suggestions to tell me about any mistakes, I'm a new player.
There
Edit: Things I didn't respond to were either correct or I wasn't sure and didn't want to say otherwise and risk being wrong and I'm too lazy to look up

Reckless4Christ

Smash Ace
Technically the Fox buffered fthrow works on a few, but barely any at all.
And no offense, but I don't see where you got that Ganon and Link can chain-grab.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Don't go to smashwiki or ssbbwikia or super-smash-bros.wikia or any of those sites for Brawl info. Smashboards should have like 95% of all the info you need.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I am skeptical at the nature of this thread in that it asks for a favorite CG and the responses are specific characters. Characters are not CGs.

Unless things develop, probably going to close this

Tesh

Smash Hero
i do love lucario's upthrow cg, does like no damage and its like a "juggling cg", it just looks really cool and doesn't break the matchup

i didnt realize smashboards lets anyone make polls now.....this should be fun

Bobwithlobsters

Smash Journeyman
Hh
You should read some of the other threads I made cause this one was a failure. Oh yeah, and, anyone else, pretend this thread doesn't exist.

Well now that you don't want us to post here, I think I will take a moment to say that DDD has easily the best cg in the game. He sits on you then blows you away with his some sort of waft. It is amazing kinda like DDD amazing crouch. Just laying there with no cares in the world. This cg is followed closely by wario's sit on you cg which obviously isn't as good to the lack of a waft hit box.

Edit: just noticed link has the most votes in this thread, and that totally made my day. Just wanted to say thank you.

GangsterPuff

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gpuff
3DS FC
1289-9497-1235
Hh

Well now that you don't want us to post here, I think I will take a moment to say that DDD has easily the best cg in the game. He sits on you then blows you away with his some sort of waft. It is amazing kinda like DDD amazing crouch. Just laying there with no cares in the world. This cg is followed closely by wario's sit on you cg which obviously isn't as good to the lack of a waft hit box.

Edit: just noticed link has the most votes in this thread, and that totally made my day. Just wanted to say thank you.
I guess I'll just erase the guide and make this a voting thread. You know what, it might work better then just asking people not to post.

Oh yeah, and those who give me suggestion on changing the guide, would ya please erase what ya wrote?

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
A chaingrab that I enjoy performing is Snake's chaingrab on the upper platform of Battlefield. If played correctly, it can be a 0-death chaingrab.

I also like Falco's CG into D-air, epic spike kill.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
Idk if this works on human players but zss back throw cg is kinda flashy and fun to watch.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
i didnt think so.

i havnt second zss long enough to try it on someone. i just recently picked her up after watching salem at apex, unfortunately, i am very disconnected over the summer.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
i didnt think so.

i havnt second zss long enough to try it on someone. i just recently picked her up after watching salem at apex, unfortunately, i am very disconnected over the summer.
As a ZSS main, I've gotta tell you how interesting of a character she is. Continue watching Salem's matches in and out of Apex, you'll learn pretty cool techniques. Also the ZSS forums can help you out if you need any help.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
Yeah watching salem, ive pretty much mastered th double dsmash to bair.
Ill check that thread out

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Yeah watching salem, ive pretty much mastered th double dsmash to bair.
Ill check that thread out
The double Down-smash to F-air deals more damage and is easy to perform at lower percentages. Therefore try to prioritize F-air over B-air at low percentages after double Down-smashing.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
The double Down-smash to F-air deals more damage and is easy to perform at lower percentages. Therefore try to prioritize F-air over B-air at low percentages after double Down-smashing.
usually when i do a fair, if the first kick hits, it knocks my opponent out of range for the second kick.
Alternately, i fair above and hit them with the second kick getting more knockback out of it.

If i misjudge something, i default to a nair.

How do i connect both hits of fair?

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
usually when i do a fair, if the first kick hits, it knocks my opponent out of range for the second kick.
Alternately, i fair above and hit them with the second kick getting more knockback out of it.

If i misjudge something, i default to a nair.

How do i connect both hits of fair?
It's quite easy. After Double Down-Smashing and waiting for the appropriate timing, commence a jump-cancel F-air toward your opponent. You can jump cancel into F-air by pressing jump+the direction of your opponent (Ex: Your opponent is on the left and you're on the right, you press up+left on the analog stick) and at the same time you press your C-stick towards your opponent to perform a F-air (In the previous example you should press C-stick left). Pressing Up-left on the analog stick and C-stick left, you will perform a jump cancel F-air and both kicks will connect to your opponent. this is highly advisable at early percentages (50% and below in my perspective) because the higher the percentage, the harder it is to connect both hits of F-air. After 50% I'd usually perform a B-air after Double Down-smashing.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
what is this thread
i don't even

why would you be happy about chaingrabbing
everytime i do it i feel like the divekick "Fraud Detected"
is about to go off somewhere

ChuckHades

Smash Rookie
is a jump cancel the same thing as a short hop?

No.

A short hop is when you only press jump for a short amount of time, causing your character to jump a fraction of the height they normally would if one held down the jump button for a normal amount of time. A jump cancel is when you press jump and IMMEDIATELY input either an up special, up smash, grab or item throw. There's around a 6 frame (?) window for this, and is very useful for immediately countering when shielding.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
so i have been jump canceling all along....
had no idea it was a technical strategy.

DeLux

You aren't cancelling jump with forward air. The fact that you are able to forward indicates the jump isn't cancelled

You're just saying to bufffer short hop forward air >_>

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
You aren't cancelling jump with forward air. The fact that you are able to forward indicates the jump isn't cancelled

You're just saying to bufffer short hop forward air >_>
Well, technically the jump isn't canceled, but the term "Jump-cancel" was a legit name for BSH to aerial attack. Some people state that it's called that way because you canceled a full jump into a short one, where the aerial attack canceled the long jump and made it a short hop.

DeLux

You can't cancel a full hop into a short hop by inputting attack. The jumping mechanics on fullhop and shorthop are only determined by how long you hold down the jump button independent of the attack inputs. People buffer FH aerials all the time.

So that line of logic is flawed because it's wrong.

nessokman

Smash Lord
olimar can grab twice and gives the perfect chance to get a side air on them.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
DeDeDe's wall grabs.

only thing is I usually drop the throw after a while due to laughing at the noises he makes.

Top Bottom