• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whats your believe of the most improved fighter since Melee?

Chaobreaker

Smash Rookie
I felt that Ness has finally become more competent in the case that his smashs and aerials are much stronger and his fsmash has reflective properties too!

Chaobreaker

Smash Rookie
Agreed but it causes helpless in the air. thats pretty much it about her. Sheik got nerfed though.

Would anyone like to add about Ness?

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Dude, you made a thread asking for people's opinions, not if they concur with your Ness beliefs.

While Zelda is useful, Game and Watch is now COMPETITIVE. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see people place very well with G&W in at least the near future, which is something that was not possible in Melee.

D

Deleted member

Kirby is easily the most improved, followed by Zelda

Chaobreaker

Smash Rookie
I like Ness. Ness reminds me of pie. So I cant forget about pie. Just think of the children!

Anyway you are right but I have no idea what makes G&W competent now. What is it?

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
GW mysteriously got a far greater boost than any other character, from almost last to almost first.

I don't know how he did it, but I hear it has something to do with GW being one of the best offencive fighters in the game. Turtle power, up-b upgrade, Uair upgrade, GW seems to be all around a better character than he was in melee.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
I used Ness a lot in Melee and use him as my third main in Brawl...so yeah, I agree he's fastly improved. It's a lot easier for him to recover (as most of the stages are small enough that you don't even need to PK Thunder back onto) and most of all...his yo-yo can kill now! I was amazed by that. Plus his grabs are a lot faster, especially his dash-grab.

Although most improved I'd have to say it's Captain Falcon or Peach
Read as: Mr. Game and Watch and Zelda.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I think most improved is.. uhmm....Ness I guess.
Kirbys close.

Kiyosuki

Smash Journeyman
In my opinion...

Zelda - Din's Fire of course and Faore's Wind being awesome too, but her smashes and tilts all feel much more accurate now. They all feel like they "suck" the opponent into them as opposed to before where they felt like they pushed away from the sweet spot of the hits. Her upair is fast now, and her downair is a b/fair pointing downwards now as it always should have been. Naryu's Love now actually does its job of pushing someone away very well, in Melee that move was so finicky. Before Zelda fans in Melee get all crazy it's not to say she wasn't potentially good in Melee too, but I feel like in Brawl she's better in almost every way. Her Fair and Bair are a little harder to sweetspot now but not by much, it's a small price to pay for all the plusses she got. Everything she does now fits her intended style perfectly. If only the transformation were just a -tiny- little bit shorter...

Game and Watch - I don't play the character much so I can't be too in depth here but even in my limited time with him he does feel much more potent. I think it's mostly his aerials. It's like they got a mad amount of priority all of a sudden. He generally just functions better though...maybe it's more the new engine more than anything character specific but whatever it is it worked.

Kirby - Definitely improved. New Yo-yo Kirby inspired dash attack is way better than that fire kirby move, Hammer move is a little more bonafide for regular use, and in general everything he does doesn't feel as weak. The hits that are meant to be low knockback do their job, and the hits meant to knockback further than others do it just right.

Donkey Kong - I don't play the big DK much but I can see why he's regarded as such a threat when he doesn't have some frightening Tech that's abusable against him. His throws latch on to you very well and his hits just feel more accurate. He's one of the few characters that actually benefitted highly from the low hitstun. I'd say even if future games had hitstun put back in heavier characters like DK should still be less suseptable to it, it's the key I think to making the heavyweight characters contenders instead of airborn punching bag hard-mode characters.

Bowser - I know a lot of people are gonna get on my case about this, but in my personal opinion I think he got a little better. While I miss the biting too, I think the new piledriver move he does for forward B is way more effective than that shoulder tackle he did before. If only he bit then did piledriver in this...that'd be the best of both worlds...

But yeah, also his fire breath pushes away a little better now too and his forward smash comes out a little quicker. Even Bowser Bomb if you're actually hit by it feels like it hurts a lot more. All and all I feel like he's generally a slightly better character. If you prefer the way he was in Melee that's fine, I'm not looking for an argument. Just based off of my experience between the two versions I feel like Brawl ver. has a few basic advantages. I do miss using L canceling with his stuff too a bit but I'm talking about the bare-bones characteristics.

Spartan1841

Smash Journeyman
Game and Watch

But Zelda's din fire got buffed so much that its annoying

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Game & Watch got seriously buffed.

Ness is also much-improved.

I find Zelda much much better in Brawl as well. Good thing, too, 'cause Shiek got a bad case of the Nerf...

AgentJGV

Smash Journeyman
I personally think that G&W didnt change but everything around him changed making him better. Now, before people bite my head off let me explain that when I say he hasnt changed what i ment was that to me, he doesnt feel any different. just my opinion.

Zenthewanderer

Smash Apprentice
Hmm... I guess I'll take a different route from everyone else and say Link. Raising his speed at the cost of a bit of power was perfectly fine. The ability to charge his spin attack was also a welcome addition. And its nice to see his projectiles powered up. But, hey, that's just what I think.

Kirby and Zelda were both improved too of course- though I don't play as either often so my insight on them is lacking.. G&W's major upgrades were totally unexpected... He's just overall a much better character- in fact, was anything nerfed? I'd also say Luigi's been given some decent ups.

Icarus Descent

Smash Ace
I say Zelda,in Melee I never even got to use Din's Fire and now I can keep people off the stage with it. Also, I don't just pick Zelda for Sheik anymore,as I use to any Melee. I actually enjoy to play with her.

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
Can't say I know for a fact, but I noticed Zelda first. Kirby is also improved. His dash is fricken annoying. As for G&W, I just know he's top tier. I dunno how he was in Melee, cause, to be truthful, I hardly cared for Melee since I lacked the enthusiasm in becoming DBR good. Too much work. Rather sleep.

Leprechaun_Drunk

Smash Journeyman
charizard, cus he upgraded from an assist trophy to a playable character.

In all seriousness, G&W is undeniably the most buffed character from melee. DK, Kirby, Ness and Zelda all got buffs too.

D

Deleted member

I actually think Link is a lot worse in Brawl. I mained him in melee, and a lot of the thingsyou could do with his boomerang you can't do anymore with the 'pull' feature.
Meh, i say he got better in somethings, and worst in others.

AgentJGV

Smash Journeyman
Now i just know some people will call me crazy for saying this but...Ganondorf. Think about it though. Ganon was improved in the sense that he upgraded with brawl. Of coarse if you matched him up with his melee self, he would get destroyed but thats just the thing. Brawl is Brawl not melee and i think that ganondorf's transition was a good one. Although i do admit, I wish he had a more custom moveset.

toktomo

Smash Cadet
Game and Watch is the most improved/revised character from Melee to Brawl, he has just gotten way more competitive and challenging than in the past...very surprisingly that they made him that good in Brawl. Not to mention that they didn't really make Link that great in Brawl.

Top Bottom