• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's Wrong With Marth Being Gay!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pretty In Pink

Smash Cadet
Okay so everyone says Marth is gay and there is probably a high chance that he is (since the creators of Fire Emblem: Moshou no Nazo originally meant to make the main lord a female)... but that doesn't mean you should make fun of him! Just because he's gay doesn't mean that he's weak or anything... I don't think the word gay should even be a negative word!

So I support Marth being gay... and people shouldn't hate on him because of it. He's still high tier!

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I'm no Fire Emblem buff but...

Doesn't Marth end up with some girl at the end of his game?

P. S. Although your intentions are noble, I don't think this is the place to start a gay rights rally.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Starting a little too many threads now in such a short time period, aren't we?

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Um...doesn't Marth have a wife? Obviously he's straight...

Although what he looks like on the cover of the NES title bothers me a lot. What kind of man wears something like THAT?

Zodiac

Smash Master
marth isnt gay, its a joke because he's a bishounen, those kind of male characters are very common in anime.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Marth is gay because he Drank a Falcon Punch with his Falcon Lunch and the head on the bottom half of his body blew off instead.

Pretty In Pink

Smash Cadet
I agree Marth IS FABULOUS. And Sheeda doesn't have to end up with Marth! Just because she got married to him doesn't prove that he's straight.

I mean... LOOK AT HIS CLOTHES! I don't know any guy with that sort of fashion sense and I'm a girl!

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I agree Marth IS FABULOUS. And Sheeda doesn't have to end up with Marth! Just because she got married to him doesn't prove that he's straight.

I mean... LOOK AT HIS CLOTHES! I don't know any guy with that sort of fashion sense and I'm a girl!
A marriage to a woman doesn't prove he's straight, and yet his fashion sense is solid evidence toward the idea that he's gay?

I find that kind of...insulting.

Pretty In Pink

Smash Cadet
But Pit is a little boy so yeah he could pull it off plus he's cute! ^_^;

Marth, on the other hand... is a grown man! But that doesn't mean you should make fun of him which is why I made this thread. =)

Pretty In Pink

Smash Cadet
Well Pink Reaper I don't understand why my thread should be locked because I'm just trying to defend him its not like I'm trying to say bad things or anything like most of these people are doing they are just really uneducated and saying that Marth being gay is bad!

Pretty In Pink

Smash Cadet
^ Lol you're so right Judge Judy if he were straight I'd go out with him! XD;

btw I thought you were a girl no offense. :p

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Well Pink Reaper I don't understand why my thread should be locked because I'm just trying to defend him its not like I'm trying to say bad things or anything like most of these people are doing they are just really uneducated and saying that Marth being gay is bad!
The thing is, most people don't hate Marth for being gay.

Even the ones who say he's gay are usually just saying so because he's rather feminine. Half the time they probably don't mean it offensively.

Plenty of people main Marth regardless of his feminine overtones (gotta love that tipper).

The reason this thread would get locked is basically because it serves no real purpose and I'm sure it's been done before. Marth just doesn't really need defending.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Stupid yaoi fangirls.

Yeah. Marth wore a skirt on the cover of his FE game. O noez. Isn't that set in Japan, where back in the day it was normal for males to wear robes?

inb4lock

Spire

III
BRoomer
I'm going to quote the manliest of men, Rambo.

"You don't kill for your country, you kill for yourself..... killin's as easy as breathin."

Ike is a woman.

gorgon.

Smash Ace
This is the second unnecessary thread I've read by Pretty in Pink... in the last 10 minutes you've posted two.

Anyway, Marth isn'y gay. He's just incredibly stylish.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
Marth is gay because of his ridiculous advantages in melee. In brawl, they just shortened his sword, but buffed all of his specials, usmash, dsmash, uair, and gave him the best final smash in the game. One nerf and a ton of buffs for the most broken character in melee. WHAT KIND OF BALANCE IS THAT?! THAT is why Marth is gay.

gorgon.

Smash Ace
Marth is gay because of his ridiculous advantages in melee. In brawl, they just shortened his sword, but buffed all of his specials, usmash, dsmash, uair, and gave him the best final smash in the game. One nerf and a ton of buffs for the most broken character in melee. WHAT KIND OF BALANCE IS THAT?! THAT is why Marth is gay.
Irrevalent; we are speaking of his sexual preference, not "gay" as an insult.

StarshipGroove

Smash Journeyman
Marth is one of the manliest of men, he saved the world twice without pants. Now Marth makes his appearance as the main lord in FE1(Fire Emblem 1) and FE3(read the last thing in parenthesis because I don't feel like typing out Fire Emblem 3, oh wait I just did). Anywho, these games are only in japan because they think Americans are not smart enough to beat it, which is how lots of other countries view us Americans like; not really serious about anything. A fine example of this is soccer, or "football" as they call it in just about every other country. The USA team is always soundly trumped by England/Germany/Brazil/Argentina/some other place. An example of this example would be the FIFA 06 world cup in which the US was spanked by the Czech Republic and a bunch of other European and Brazillians dudes. Speaking of European football(soccer) players, Zinedine Zidane is probably the most epic one ever, as his insane headbutt against some Italian guy was one of the greatest moments in sports history. Serves that sucker darn right for calling Zidane a dirty terrorist and saying bad stuff about his mom. Well back on topic, Marth's main introduction to most American gamers was in the epic, completely awesome, and really fun game that I've probably played way too much called Super Smash Brothers Melee(SSBM). Marth is considered a "top tier" character in this game, as his agility and fierce sword attacks make him a competent fighter. His sword is called falcion(sp?) or something like that. People who are really into SSBM will use advanced techniquies such as wavedashing. The wavedash is an unorthodox movement technique that, depending on the character's traction, slides him(or her/it) to the left or right and a certain amount of smoke clouds form around the character's feet. You can only attain mastery over of this essential skill through practice and watching pro videos on youtube. Marth is a very good wavedasher I think, though I wouldn't know because I'm no where near pro. Ok, getting back to things, Marth wears a crown thing that kind of makes him look feminine. However, this special crown happens to be his sister's tiera(or however you spell it, you know what I mean) and he wears it for good luck or some BS like that that isn't really true. Now I'm not sure how good Marth's luck is as a stat, but its probably better than Knoll's(my favorite character ever who I just had to mention in this somewhere). Knoll has a base luck of 0 and a mediocre growth, which therefore results in him having a poor score in luck. However, it is entirely up to the RNG(Random Number Generator). In theory, Knoll could end up with 29 luck as a 20/20 Summoner or Druid if he gained luck every time. Back to Marth; he cannot promote, which is a problem for him. The only other character who cannot promote that I can think of is Sothe in FE9. This is unfortunate because Sothe has very good stat growths, and would likely cap str, skl, spd, and luck and maybe some other stats if he could promote. Sothe also makes an appearance in FE10 as one of the main characters, and I believe he can promote though I have not actually played the game yet because I don't have a Wii. Many noobies to Fire Emblem thought that the US release of Fire Emlbem 7 would have Marth and his buddy Roy in it. In theory, Marth and Roy are not buddies as they are not connected in anyway exept in SSBM. Many people thought that Eliwood as actually Roy and that they just changed his name for some dumb reason. This was a very commom misconserption amougst many new players to the Fire Emblem series. This is untrue, and would be a disgrace to Eliwood because he is the finest knight in all of Lycia. Roy sucks in his game until he gets the Sword of Seals. However, Roy DOES make an appearence in FE7 as a little boy in the end, but he isn't playable. Marth does not make an appearance in FE7, FE6, FE8, FE9, FE10, or any other of the FE's except 1 and 3, I think anyways. In conclusion Marth is awesome. THE END

Kraut

Smash Apprentice
Marth is one of the manliest of men, he saved the world twice without pants. Now Marth makes his appearance as the main lord in FE1(Fire Emblem 1) and FE3(read the last thing in parenthesis because I don't feel like typing out Fire Emblem 3, oh wait I just did). Anywho, these games are only in japan because they think Americans are not smart enough to beat it, which is how lots of other countries view us Americans like; not really serious about anything. A fine example of this is soccer, or "football" as they call it in just about every other country. The USA team is always soundly trumped by England/Germany/Brazil/Argentina/some other place. An example of this example would be the FIFA 06 world cup in which the US was spanked by the Czech Republic and a bunch of other European and Brazillians dudes. Speaking of European football(soccer) players, Zinedine Zidane is probably the most epic one ever, as his insane headbutt against some Italian guy was one of the greatest moments in sports history. Serves that sucker darn right for calling Zidane a dirty terrorist and saying bad stuff about his mom. Well back on topic, Marth's main introduction to most American gamers was in the epic, completely awesome, and really fun game that I've probably played way too much called Super Smash Brothers Melee(SSBM). Marth is considered a "top tier" character in this game, as his agility and fierce sword attacks make him a competent fighter. His sword is called falcion(sp?) or something like that. People who are really into SSBM will use advanced techniquies such as wavedashing. The wavedash is an unorthodox movement technique that, depending on the character's traction, slides him(or her/it) to the left or right and a certain amount of smoke clouds form around the character's feet. You can only attain mastery over of this essential skill through practice and watching pro videos on youtube. Marth is a very good wavedasher I think, though I wouldn't know because I'm no where near pro. Ok, getting back to things, Marth wears a crown thing that kind of makes him look feminine. However, this special crown happens to be his sister's tiera(or however you spell it, you know what I mean) and he wears it for good luck or some BS like that that isn't really true. Now I'm not sure how good Marth's luck is as a stat, but its probably better than Knoll's(my favorite character ever who I just had to mention in this somewhere). Knoll has a base luck of 0 and a mediocre growth, which therefore results in him having a poor score in luck. However, it is entirely up to the RNG(Random Number Generator). In theory, Knoll could end up with 29 luck as a 20/20 Summoner or Druid if he gained luck every time. Back to Marth; he cannot promote, which is a problem for him. The only other character who cannot promote that I can think of is Sothe in FE9. This is unfortunate because Sothe has very good stat growths, and would likely cap str, skl, spd, and luck and maybe some other stats if he could promote. Sothe also makes an appearance in FE10 as one of the main characters, and I believe he can promote though I have not actually played the game yet because I don't have a Wii. Many noobies to Fire Emblem thought that the US release of Fire Emlbem 7 would have Marth and his buddy Roy in it. In theory, Marth and Roy are not buddies as they are not connected in anyway exept in SSBM. Many people thought that Eliwood as actually Roy and that they just changed his name for some dumb reason. This was a very commom misconserption amougst many new players to the Fire Emblem series. This is untrue, and would be a disgrace to Eliwood because he is the finest knight in all of Lycia. Roy sucks in his game until he gets the Sword of Seals. However, Roy DOES make an appearence in FE7 as a little boy in the end, but he isn't playable. Marth does not make an appearance in FE7, FE6, FE8, FE9, FE10, or any other of the FE's except 1 and 3, I think anyways. In conclusion Marth is awesome. THE END

eyes...bleeding...need...paragraphs...

Negi-Kun

Smash Lord
Well, despite all the Marth x Roy pictures, I don't think Marth is gay. But yeah, that NES cover, wtf? Who wears that?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom