• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the plural of Samus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AIDS

Smash Lord
i think "DIE ALREADY" is a term i've heard a lot LOL

i normally refer to Spamus

also i do not see a roaring sorce of entertainment or purpose of this thread, but it is a open topic i guess....

The Bino

Smash Lord
Canadian English > w/e English you are doing.... lol:laugh:
lol

Its just what i learned in school lol

if a name ends in "S" that's how it will be

It only works on a name though

But then again, majority of ppl here are freaking stupid

Almost everyone on here when talking about money, they put the $ sign behind the amount of money they are talking about lol

AIDS

Smash Lord
Lol, True, but maybe thats for American english, or UK english, but Canadian english > all, and we do not do that dumb stuff.

I would say not most people are that dumb, but there is a wide chunk of people on here who use to much slang, or do dumb stuff.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
In America, by Oxfordian standards, it would be Samus' - apparently Samuses is also the appropriate term for some other localities. Fortunately, it's not an issue that comes up in the Metroid games, since it's the first name of only one person, though it is made possessive in the same manner (eg "Samus' armor"). And outside of that, for our applications, you really have to go out of your way to need pluralizing Samus, since the onlything that makes it multiple, are Samus mains aka players of Samus - the noun gets pluralized instead.

AIDS

Smash Lord
wow phanna you go mad deep into the topic lol, i do not get why you would put samus' that justs eems messed up. what is this rule of grammer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom