• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the most pain that you've had, with the hurtings even.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
after watching the series premier of So You Think You Can Dance, I got all hyped and did a frontflip... right into the glass center table in the middle of my Living Room.
needless to say all the glass broke around my right leg and i little scratches everywhere. However right below my knee two huge piece of glass were sticking out, and blood and muscle were gushing out of it. I didn't even realize it until my sister pointed out to me. I was too scared of getting my *** beat by my mom who was coming down the steps any second now.
In the emergency room they had to go through the long grueling process of getting all the shards of glass out of the cut with tweezers. [so painful] The two gashes went all the way down to the bone and I had to get stitches and it left an ugly scar.
This some how inspired me to get alot better at breakdancing.

oh and last summer, i was stabbed right below the knee on my other leg, by an old hobo with a broken pair of rusty scissors. I chased the hobo down but gave up cuz my leg was hurting way too much. He was tryin to rob me I presume. Ironic thing is, I didn;t even have any cash on me.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
i was stabbed right below the knee on my other leg, by an old hobo with a broken pair of rusty scissors.
This is a joke right?

Though I can relate on the glass thing. I'm remembering now when I was younger I used to run around outside barefoot. Some loser broke a bottle or something and I decided to run across the mess. Hopping on one foot I went home crying, where my dad promptly stuck me on the table and proceeded to pry each tiny shard out with tweezers. THAT was not fun. :crying:

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
unfortunately its not a joke... but it wasnt serious.
it was more like a scrape than a stab... it wasnt too deep

i have marks from both incidents under my knees

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
HAHAHAHAHAH!

Anyone falling through glass is automatically funny. Add about 10,000 funny points because you did it over a stupid television show.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
Well, the first and last time I played backyard football I got wrapped up and snapped my collarbone (not broke, snapped) into three pieces. That honestly hardly hurt at all, I think I must have gone into shock. However that night, while I was sleeping, I rolled over on it. HOLY ****, I've hurt myself in just about every way you can (I'm not crash for no reason), but I've never felt pain like that. It put me in a recliner, suffering, for about three weeks. Couldn't stand up, couldn't shower, take off my shirt, go to school, nothing. The only good thing about it was Codine and Nick Jr. Bob the builder is trippy.

The only other thing that comes close was when I accidentally swallowed a guitar pick. Turns out your body keeps trying to swallow anythign thats in your throat. When your esophagus puts pressure on sharp edges, it feels like death. Plus the hospital screwed up my chart, so I was left in a waiting room for about 7 hours, biting on my belt. Yowza.

Edit: Just remembered, thats not the only thing that came close, and this could add some perspective. When I was about 7 or 8, and dangerously curious, I got my finger caught in an escalator. I dont know what compelled me to put my finger in there, but I do remember being mezmerized by the light I saw between the cracks of the stairs. I honestly don't know how I managed to keep that finger. But compared to the other two incidents, meh.

DivineMalice

Smash Rookie
I've had a lot of injuries in my day, to the acl, icl, fractured wrist, tibia and ankle and a few concussions, I even had my entire patella displaced (my kneecap was moved to the side of my knee).

But the most excruciating pain I've ever experienced was when I tore an abdominal muscle...compared to the other injuries I've had it doesn't seem like much but I wouldn't wish that kind of pain on even my worst enemy. Mick Foley (Pro-wrestler aka Mankind) even wrote in his bio that an abdominal tear is the most painful thing he's experienced and he's been through some evil stuff.

teeman92

Smash Lord
Pensacola, FL. That place that Tristen de Luna fou
after watching the series premier of So You Think You Can Dance, I got all hyped and did a frontflip... right into the glass center table in the middle of my Living Room.
needless to say all the glass broke around my right leg and i little scratches everywhere. However right below my knee two huge piece of glass were sticking out, and blood and muscle were gushing out of it. I didn't even realize it until my sister pointed out to me. I was too scared of getting my *** beat by my mom who was coming down the steps any second now.
In the emergency room they had to go through the long grueling process of getting all the shards of glass out of the cut with tweezers. [so painful] The two gashes went all the way down to the bone and I had to get stitches and it left an ugly scar.
This some how inspired me to get alot better at breakdancing.

oh and last summer, i was stabbed right below the knee on my other leg, by an old hobo with a broken pair of rusty scissors. I chased the hobo down but gave up cuz my leg was hurting way too much. He was tryin to rob me I presume. Ironic thing is, I didn;t even have any cash on me.
*does that suction teeth noise* ugh....id hate to see that

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Got my tests done today. They mapped where the nerves were on my hands, then shocked me with a mild shock until they hit this one that felt like I was punching a wall. After that she said that was the end of the first part of the test. The second part was needles.

Now, I ****ING HATE needles. When I was a kid, I busted my eyebrow twice and had to get a shot in the corner of my eye to numb it. Traumatized. He walks in, does some strength tests, then starts the needle. First starts on my bicep, no real pain, and I have to push against his resistance and it makes the machine whistle loudly like wind into a camcorder. Next is lower, on my forearm, again, whistles, then the back of my hand. Then the worst, on the meat of my thumb. I fight the resistance, and it feels like my muscles are being pinned down. It SUCKED. Repeat on other arm, and I am bleeding a fair amount. Tests are negative for nerve damage, which means no surgery. I start chiropractic rehabilitation next Thursday!

127crazie

Smash Journeyman
Swinging back and forth between two tables, my hands slipped and I flew forward a little before falling down onto hard concrete, but not before nailing my crotch on a sharp corner in front of me. My groin was in unimaginable pain and my nose was broken very badly.

M.K

Level 55
I was just at a diving competition and a little boy in the 11 and under competition smacked his entire face on the board doing a 403C off the 3 meter platform. So. Very. Painful.

It wasn't me, by the way.

127crazie

Smash Journeyman
And I also got really bad sunburns on my torso 2 times in my life. It itched and burned so bad I could not wear a shirt. The only thing that could relieve it was immersing myself in a hot bath, but as soon as you got out it started again. I could not sleep and stop scratching myself even though scratching made it worse. I cried a little bit wishing it would go away XP

Nothing extremely terrible physically, but emotionally I've been through alot...
Yeah, I've had a similar sunburn to that as well. When I was vacationing in Hawaii, there was a day where I wasn't going out anywhere, so I spent the entire day (about 8:00 am to 8:00 pm, with minor breaks inbetween) swimming in the swimming pool in the hotel. I forgot sunscreen, and with only swimtrunks on I got the worst sunburn of my life.

The following two weeks, I had to sleep on my stomach because that was the only part that wasn't extremely badly sunburned. Every part of my body; chest, back, head, legs, everything, was really really red and hurt a lot when you touched it.

It was really bad but I'm sure it's nothing compared to some of the injuries I've seen here..

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
I was horsing around with one of my lady friends in my senior year of High School and she was about to kick me in the shin. Naturally, I step backwards to avoid the annoying pain of a kick to the shin. Unfortunately I have been graced with a not so great sense of balance and also not so great joints from the knees down. So, when I took my evasive actions I guess I put my weight down wrong on my left leg. My patella (kneecap) went off to the left side of my leg (I felt it slide over there, not a comfortable feeling) and then my knee buckled in the opposite direction, meaning I dislocated my knee. That hurt really bad, but that's not the worst part. Upon landing on the ground after all this, everything snapped back into place (luckily, I am still grateful for not having to go to the hospital) nice and quick like with a wonderful grinding feeling from all the tendons and muscles in my left leg going back to where they are supposed to be.

My left knee swelled to the size of a honey-dew melon and I limped for two months. I had to ride a bus, so I had to climb up and down those stairs to get on and off the bus. That was not a painless maneuver, as I couldn't really bend my knee or put a whole bunch of weight on it. But yeah, that's my painful experience.

edit: I should have just got kicked in the god****ed shin. Would have been so much less pain and struggle.

Top Bottom