• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the funniest thing somebody has said to you about Smash?

Tonda

Smash Rookie
I was playing Smash Bros 3ds when a friend who has never played Smash before started watching me play. Almost everything this kid knew about Smash was from the Honest Trailers video.

"Play as Meta Knight, he's OP"
"Why do you play with no items on flat stages? It's so boring!"
and "Shulk never got a release outside of Japan"

Then I let him play offline. I forgot who he went as, but he got his ass handed to him by a lvl 3 cpu. He gave me back the 3ds and said "This game sucks! It's so stupid and boring"
This was the guy who thinks that Europa Universalis is fun.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
I was playing Smash Bros 3ds when a friend who has never played Smash before started watching me play. Almost everything this kid knew about Smash was from the Honest Trailers video.

"Play as Meta Knight, he's OP"
"Why do you play with no items on flat stages? It's so boring!"
and "Shulk never got a release outside of Japan"

Then I let him play offline. I forgot who he went as, but he got his *** handed to him by a lvl 3 cpu. He gave me back the 3ds and said "This game sucks! It's so stupid and boring"
This was the guy who thinks that Europa Universalis is fun.
You said have played with him as Meta Knight, make all the computers Shulk,and put on high items of Palutena's temple.:troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll:

Infinite901

Smash Ace
NNID
Infinite901
3DS FC
3282-4624-0341
"Omega stages are the only fair stages!"
"Battlefield sucks. It's so unfair."
"Hey, Captain Falcon is a very complex character! It took me years to learn how to play him!"

My Glorytard friend.

Pikmin-ism42

Smash Journeyman
These was during the times were I have never touched a Smash Bros. game yet, yet I still knew a few things about it and was highly anticipating the release of Smash 4, whose trailer itself made me want to have Mario beat up a pokemon despite never holding an interest beforehand.
Anyways...

My first thought after seeing Wii Fit Trainer's trailer was:
"Personally, the sentient Wii Fit Balance Board would have been a better choice for Wii Fit"

At some point my little brother played Brawl for the first time at some friend's house and I asked him about. It seemed rather normal until he mentioned that he played Dr. Eggman in one match. He was rather sincere about it and dismissed me and my twin's counter-arguments about Dr. Eggman's playability in Brawl.
We eventually bought both Brawl and Smash Bros. 4, and our little brother is still confused as to why he actually has memories of playing Dr. Ivo Robotnik in Brawl.

Last edited:

Game&Watcher

Smash Ace
NNID
GameAndWatcher96
These was during the times were I have never touched a Smash Bros. game yet, yet I still knew a few things about it and was highly anticipating the release of Smash 4, whose trailer itself made me want to have Mario beat up a pokemon despite never holding in it an interest beforehand.
Anyways...

My first thought after seeing Wii Fit Trainer's trailer was:
"Personally, the sentient Wii Fit Balance Board would have been a better choice for Wii Fit"

At some point my little brother played Brawl for the first time at some friend's house and I asked him about. It seemed rather normal until he mentioned that he played Dr. Eggman in one match. He was rather sincere about it and dismissed me and my twin's counter-arguments about Dr. Eggman's playability in Brawl.
We eventually bought both Brawl and Smash Bros. 4, and our little brother is still confused as to why he actually has memories of playing Dr. Ivo Robotnik in Brawl.
He could have been playing a modded copy.

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
Paraphrased: "Buffoon, you're a god at this game,"

Yeah, no. I ain't worth shiitake at this game.

Last edited:

theopenlink22

Smash Cadet
The Year! Is 20SS. As the final resistance to Sheik finally falls to top tier players. Dk Will, The last of the low tier character mains finally switches over to sheik. ZeRo, the leader of 20SS force, laughs as he wonders who may dare challenge his sheik at the next Evo, as he twiddles his scarf maniacally. The sheik 20SS force slowly dominates smaller tournaments such as Xanadu, as even GimR himself urns to the top tier master. Few Luigi's remain, trying to claim victories when they can, but their neutral is suffering from lack of high priority projectiles. All hope seems to be lost. The Word Fair is added to the dictionary. The tier lisk is abandonded, as Sheik remains the only character playable in the game. Even Lord Sakurai abandons S4 to work on HL3. The only advantage now in matches is who can charge full needle first in the match up. There is no anti 20SS force, Smash 4... is doomed.

Please, If you see this message. CTR+C and spread the word to everywhere!

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
The Year! Is 20SS. As the final resistance to Sheik finally falls to top tier players. Dk Will, The last of the low tier character mains finally switches over to sheik. ZeRo, the leader of 20SS force, laughs as he wonders who may dare challenge his sheik at the next Evo, as he twiddles his scarf maniacally. The sheik 20SS force slowly dominates smaller tournaments such as Xanadu, as even GimR himself urns to the top tier master. Few Luigi's remain, trying to claim victories when they can, but their neutral is suffering from lack of high priority projectiles. All hope seems to be lost. The Word Fair is added to the dictionary. The tier lisk is abandonded, as Sheik remains the only character playable in the game. Even Lord Sakurai abandons S4 to work on HL3. The only advantage now in matches is who can charge full needle first in the match up. There is no anti 20SS force, Smash 4... is doomed.

Please, If you see this message. CTR+C and spread the word to everywhere!
Sakurai:OMG THIS IS REAL I'M GONNA NERF HER AND MAKE HER THE WORST CHARACTER IN THE GAME AT HER OWN TIER!!!!!!!!!! FORGET THE NAME!!!!!!

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
"I main Ike."
It's at that moment where I just walk away laughing internally
Ike's so bad. :4myfriends:

the_muffin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
muffinduck01
"It's WallE!" - My 6 year old brother when he saw ROB
"Is that Elsa?" - My 17 year old sister when she saw Rosalina

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
"Pit's worse then Marth/Roy" really cracks me up, especially when I go on to 2-stocking whoever said that. And the whole "Roy is better then Marth" thing is funny to watch.

Then the people still convinced that Dark Pit has more then the three differences are hilarious.

Newtonjar

Smash Cadet
"It's WallE!" - My 6 year old brother when he saw ROB
"Is that Elsa?" - My 17 year old sister when she saw Rosalina
There is a surprising amount of people who think rosalina is elsa. There was a video of people trying to guess what the smash characters were half of them guessed for rosalina elsa

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
"Pit's worse then Marth/Roy" really cracks me up, especially when I go on to 2-stocking whoever said that. And the whole "Roy is better then Marth" thing is funny to watch.

Then the people still convinced that Dark Pit has more then the three differences are hilarious.
>Side B
>Final Smash
>Spike Dair
>Stronger, less stable arrows
That's four. :drshrug:

breadstick24

Smash Rookie
It was my first (real-ish) tournament and also my first time playing melee.
"Oh come on, Kirby's awesome!"

Top Bottom