• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the first thing you will do when you buy the game?

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
I'm going to go to training mode and try all the characters until I find one I like. Then I will practice this character vs cpu's.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Look at the roster I get to start out with, pick one that looks interesting to me and just get a feel of the game by fighting CPUs :D

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Come back to me once more of the roster is revealed.

Right now it's play as Wii Fit Trainer in a few matches.

Titah

Smash Rookie
Prior to release, request a few days off for me to play the game :p

I'm gonna go beast mode and play non-stop until I get all characters unlocked.
Then start testing out Jigglypuff!! Because she will be in the game!!!!... I hope :p

Jonn

Smash Apprentice
Play against my brother, and test out the waters with whichever character looks the most interesting. Right now it's Wii Fit Trainer.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Camp out at Wal-Mart for 12 hours only to discover only like 10 people showed up to get a copy when WalMart had 50... and by that I mean I'm not doing that this time.

As for what I will do once I actually have it... either jump into story mode, or go into training mode to play around with the characters. What I really should do is not think about the game until it is released, buy it, and be completely surprised and blown away by the roster. That's what happened with Melee. I was so giddy to discover Zelda, and Bowser were playable. And by bought I mean rented and then later bought because I became so addicted to it. Also not thinking about Melee was easy because I didn't know about it. Smash wasn't really a series in my mind at that point. I had no reason to suspect there would be another game.

AGreatProcrastinator

Smash Apprentice
What I did last time: Find the closest willing people to play with, have everyone pick random character and fight on a random stage. Unless I get the 3DS version first, in which case I'll probably just be me and the CPUs

Morbi

Scavenger
I know the first character I will be is Link. He was my first 64 Smash character. He was my first Melee character. These were by total coincidence. I just loved Link so I tried him first. I was a little disappointed to see the Twilight Princess version. However, I was excited nonetheless and proceeded to choose Link. In Brawl in was a conscience decision. So I guess in SSB Wii U I will choose him first to keep the tradition.

I also do this in other fighting games I care about. Scorpion is always my first character in EVERY MK. He essentially popped my fighting game cherry. In Tekken I ALWAYS choose King. In Street Fighter I ALWAYS choose Chun-Li. In Marvel I always choose Wolverine. In new IP I usually pick my favorite physical design. In Injustice Batman was my first because he is Batman. I mean seriously. When I first got into Soul Calibur I didn't really know who to choose so I picked the most rad dude. Mitsurugi.

In SSB I will be choosing Link first as per my tradition. I have a feeling I wont like him though.

MasteRMerF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasteRMerF
3DS FC
5000-2607-1297
Most likely what I did for Melee and Brawl. Mess around in the standard Versus Mode (or whatever it will be called this time) for a while before I tackle the Single Player modes and start unlocking everything.

Ray Robo

Smash Ace
NNID
RayRobo
Probably play the story/adventure mode to unlock all stages and characters.

Then either go to versus or training mode and try out everyone to see who I like the best.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
When I first get Smash 4, I'd like to jump right into an online match. I don't even want to fiddle around with anything or try out anyone before hand. I'll pick a character that first catches my eye (or perhaps Random), and, well, begin a match with that character. Yeah, I'll most likely suck because I won't be familiar with the physics, mechanics, new controls, etc. But I want to see how fast I adapt to Smash 4 in a pressured environment by just diving straight into the game like that.

Either that or a match with friends, online or not.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'll try out all the starters to check how they have been changed, then proceed to unlock all the characters. And then try out the Brawl semi-clones how they have been changed. :laugh:

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
Unlock all of the characters. Every single one, no matter how grueling. I have no intention of playing Story Mode until I've unlocked all the characters. I know it's silly, but I really want to unlock them all manually instead of through Adventure Mode.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Well... I don't usually think about this stuff, but I remember that I chose Wario and Delfino Plaza as character and stage for my first match in Brawl.

I've decided already that the first stage that I'll choose this time is Battlefield, because it looks awesome. (Unless a stage I like even better is revealed, that is. :p)
As for the character, I have no idea of whom I'll choose to play as. Might go with Wii Fit Trainer for sheer hilarity if none of my wanted newcomers makes in as a starter character.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Unlock everything, mess around with every single character in training mode, see which ones look broken, and then try to use them on wi-fi if it's usable this time.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Unlock everything, mess around with every single character in training mode, see which ones look broken, and then try to use them on wi-fi if it's usable this time.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
Unlock all the characters and then play a ton of matches with random characters.

PlayerXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShailsPT
3DS FC
3652-1682-9410
Jump into practice mode with Megaman (if I have to unlock him first, spend my whole time unlocking him), get a feel fighting CPUs so I can kick my friend's ass the following day.

TreK

Is "that guy"
bring it to my crew and have a smashfest, most probably.
If not possible, I'll geek the **** out of the single player modes, then go into training mode to figure out the new physics, and finally find people to play online with. That's what I did with Brawl :V

Wegenbarth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3609-1252-6127
Probably using one of my most-wanted charas if they get in, else I'll use KingDedede and check out Assistthrophies and Pokeballs in Trainingmode, then proceed to go Classic mode.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
The first character I played in Brawl was Lucas (hoping that he was good as Ness). And before that, I played at Onett and trained as my Melee mains for the last time goodbye. I certainly will in this Smash game start as Ness or Lucas whichever way I want to go. With all settings in normal, against Mario in lvl. 9 (Something I have never done before since I was afraid to go hard before).

Xman321

Smash Apprentice
Get My Non Gaming friends for a smash fest, beat them till I unlocked Megaman, Own them with Megaman.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
As of right now with the info we have:

Play Wii Fit Trainer vs A CPU or my brother if he's home. Then Megaman, then Villager and then Fox and my other favorite veterans to see how they've been changed.

If there is a story mode (has Sakurai talked about there being one??) then that will be first.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Get used to everyone again and unlock the rest. Play with some family, get ready for some more serious matches with friends.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
First I'll see if Peach has been restored to her former glory, and then I plan on unlocking every character as fast as possible with my friends.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
Me and a friend made a bet. We are going to do a 99 stock as our first match. The bet was that for every remaining stock that the winner had, the loser owes them a dollar per stock.

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
I'll probably run into my car, pop out my Pikachu 3DS and start playing immediately. Sorry Smash fan who needs a parking space to purchase the game, I will be occupied for the next several hours. (I like having physical copies, don't be hatin')

Top Bottom