• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the fastest and effective method to pull out a bike and destroy it?

ShoMakahari

Smash Rookie
I honestly think this can really help wario's defensive game and mindgames because after watching the combo video, Emancipation Flatulation by Bassem6 and Alex, the metaknight scene where Bassem6 uses the tires as a barrier to defend against a metaknight could lead to interesting tactics(the tires last long enough to be used at least twice)

Even if the opponent tries to grab the tire, you can air dodge lag punish after they grab the tire in the air, or if they are on the ground, realize that it takes them a moment to grab the item and punish accordingly

If the opponent runs into the tire, then it can lead into all sorts of attacks, as there is some little hitstun from being hit by a tire.

Another thing to think about is that destroying the bike can unstale moves, but which move is more effective to destroy the bike is another question
Also, is there some guaranteed way to instantly wipe out while on the bike, I've never really found a guaranteed way of doing that

I believe that if we can use the tires to our advantage, because of its bounciness and deceptive looks, it can control the stage to a lesser extent than snake or diddy kong. It won't be as effective as diddy kong's bananas or snake's explosives, but very few characters can control a stage effectively, and with wario's air speed, he is made to punish every little mistake the opponent makes.

So, in a nutshell, just solve the question in my topic title.

shifty_

Smash Rookie
i usually use the bike at random times throughout the battle to space them if i need it, and to knock them back, but you should just roll the bike as fast as you can and then jump off before you get to the edge of stage so the bike rolls right off, thats the most effective way i've used it. btw the bike provides great chase game, ie. following people up in the air and what not.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Run off the edge of the stage and then immediately bike in the opposite direction. Your bike will crash and then land on the stage. It won't work on edges like Delfino or Halberd but it works on most stages.

ShoMakahari

Smash Rookie
The tires are not good barriers, one shield or one attack will destroy them without any hitstun whatsoever.
And isn't one of wario's moves, the bite a wonder at punishing shields, or errors in general? From what I've seen, throwing the tire downwards is the most effective maneuver because:
A. The tire bounces in one place, allowing its hitbox last longer than normal and be ready to pick up again at a moment's notice?
B. Positions wario above an approaching or camping opponent perfect for a d-air or a bite

i usually use the bike at random times throughout the battle to space them if i need it, and to knock them back, but you should just roll the bike as fast as you can and then jump off before you get to the edge of stage so the bike rolls right off, thats the most effective way i've used it. btw the bike provides great chase game, ie. following people up in the air and what not.
Well, yes I recognize the bike itself to be a formidable approach, but I'm talking about the tires specifically to be used as a main part of wario's game(AKA item gliding) so that he can control a stage to help cornertrap the opponent

Run off the edge of the stage and then immediately bike in the opposite direction. Your bike will crash and then land on the stage. It won't work on edges like Delfino or Halberd but it works on most stages.
Wow, never thought about that, I knew running into a solid wall wipes him out, but didn't think that the bike would appear on the edge as well, I'll try that, thanks 56k

Well, I've mostly been screwing around with the bike by my lonesome and I think you can have at most 4 tires bouncing around on stage if you're both fast enough and if your opponent lets you do it, can cause quite some chaos with random tires everywhere

I'll test this in real matches when I get together with my crew in like 2 weeks D=

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
this may be random, but I like to occasionally use the bike as a shield against T. Link's projectiles. if it gets destroyed, I can use the tires.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
The wheel can mess people up, I'm just telling you not to rely on it b/c it's not all that useful, if they attack it w/ a low cooldown move, they have time to fastfall and attack or just attack you again.

ShoMakahari

Smash Rookie
this may be random, but I like to occasionally use the bike as a shield against T. Link's projectiles. if it gets destroyed, I can use the tires.
Yeah, 'cept most players I go up against know to leave a bike alone, and almost no one i know plays projectile spammers, 'tis a shame = /

The wheel can mess people up, I'm just telling you not to rely on it b/c it's not all that useful, if they attack it w/ a low cooldown move, they have time to fastfall and attack or just attack you again.
Yeah, that's true, guess I'm getting my hopes up too much, mostly cause I'm personally getting sick of being CG'd by dedede's and grab released by half the cast of smash, so I'm desperately trying to find ways to avoid those situations = /

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
The best way to avoid that is to counterpick platformed stages (or Norfair/Brinstar) and to be very good with your spacing and weaving. It's rough, but it's what we gotta do.

If you're lucky to have a wheel bouncing when they do a CG, it should interrupt it, though.

Warp$tar Lover

Smash Cadet
The bike does make a good edgeguard...sometimes, it's best to leave it near the edge of a stage and knock your opponents over towards that side, then chuck the bike at them, it should pretty much kill the reocvery.

I only used it on heavyweights like DK and Bowser, so you're going to have to find out how to mess up lighter characters' recoveries...

Note: You're going to have to have some really good timing, and make sure they're below the stage when you do it...

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
Some info some might find helpful:

Two fsmashes, or a dair followed by a fsmash will destroy the bike.

As far as tire landings, I can find no way to ensure the wheels land nearby every time. The exact same technique repeatedly yields different trajectories.

Concerning downing the bike as fast as possible (I'll refer to it as hogdropping): First off, a wall on any stage is perfect. Start right in front of the wall, and crash into it instantly. Alternatively, on most edges, if well-timed, you can fall off the ledge, pull out your bike in midair, and crash into the edge to return, depositing yourself and your downed bike onto the ledge.
Ignoring stage assistance however, the question is, what is the quickest way to hogdrop on flat ground? Well, I've experimented around, and I've found that this is the best way: Immediately after pressing B->, pull back and down on the control stick; not in that order, but together. Diagonally down and behind you. Half of the time, this will drop the bike immediately. If it doesn't, once you turn around (you should), immediately hold up on the control stick to wheelie as high as possible. Wario falls off his bike when wheeling at minimum speed, and this is exactly what this method accomplishes.
So, if you don't fall off from the first axle turn, you'll fall off at the wheelie, which is still pretty quick.
Why does it sometimes fall during the turn and sometimes not? I don't know, it seems random to me, but if someone finds something out, certainly state so here.

Another issue: Airhogging. The angle of the bike in the air actually affects how high you jump when you dismount. The higher the nose is pointing, the higher you will be launched off of it.
The problem is, changing the angle takes time, and by the time you nose up all the way, you'll be falling back down, and will lose actual vertical distance compared to simply whipping out to bike, not changing the angle, and jumping off at the top of the little bikeboost.
So basically, you have to find the optimal point; the best balance between bike angle and bike height.
Try riding a full wheelie off of FD, and hop off instantly. See how much air you get.

Anyway, it's hard to find exactly where that optimal point is, so I constructed a custom stage with just a flat level ground, and a platform a good ways up for reference. I start from ground, and see after varying jumps how high Wario compares at the end.
Try it yourselves- this is important to recovery.

Shadow Nataku

Smash Ace
Fastest way to destroy the bike? Eat it.

Of course I realize you want the tires though, DAir is probably your best bet as it doesn't offer any lag so to speak.

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
The problem however, with eating it, is that it leaves you quite defenseless. That's why it's better to chip it at with attacks that won't open you up to punishment.

Shadow Nataku

Smash Ace
The problem however, with eating it, is that it leaves you quite defenseless. That's why it's better to chip it at with attacks that won't open you up to punishment.
Hence why I said DAir is the sensible option if you don't want to be opening yourself up. Eat is faster though if you can knock the opponent away only.

Gea

Smash Master
If you are quick you can use the bike, slam the opposite direction and immediately cancel off of it into a move.

mc4

Smash Journeyman
eat it, it'll build up the gas faster too i'm pretty sure, mid waft 1 minute mega 2 minutes, eating things usually speeds em up, you just have to find a good time to eat it and not leave yourself vulnerable (can't have fun with the tires this way tho...

Top Bottom