• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the dumbest thing you've ever heard someone say about Smash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zelazon

Smash Apprentice
"It takes no skill to play this game" later "WHY CANT i HIT YOU! I BLOCK AND YOUR STILL ABLE TO GRAB ME, I HIT AND YOUR ABLE TO STILL HIT ME, AND HOW ARE YOU ABLE TO KILL ME DOWNWARD!" XD

another one was

"Wavedashing is useless, and makes you easier to attack..."

"I've had melee since it came out" (ask about how to shffl) "what's shffling?"

"I'm the best at this game" (get's beat) "you got lucky"
XD

gogogobaby

Smash Rookie
"wtf! How did I fall through the ground!"
(whining tone)
(the stage with kraid; glitch)
(it was me :( how sad)

Heavy Vulcan

Smash Rookie
In response to a challenge: "I use Pikachu and I've never lost a game"
After telling him I use the Captain: "I'll turn on 3 lvl 9 captain falcons and practice for a week"

Cisne

Smash Apprentice
myself , the first time i tried marth
Me: "zOmg , thiz guy Fsmash is toooooo slow , marth sux "

spoonyd

Smash Apprentice
I'm still a n00b but ever since I started really working on it, I've heard some real good ones from my friends.

"Blocking is for pu$$ies."

"Falco is terrible. All I ever do is kill myself."

"Why would you ever wavedash when you can roll?" That's the best one. :laugh:

Ultra Nova

Smash Apprentice
That is true for me whenever I play with noobs. I pick roy and they say he is better than marth and then I show them how much better marth is.

But then again they ARE noobs so they wouldn't really know who is better than who without knowing all the advanced techs.

I actually always thought marth was better than roy for as as long as I've been playing. My friend plays roy and marth so I could tell the difference.

Kanashuri

Smash Rookie
This guy me and my friend were fighting was like "Dude I can hear the C-Stick!" and we were like uh, ok? and he was all "quit csticking, thats for noobs"

FSLMJM

Smash Journeyman
"Let me up, you're better than me!"

Then when I am trying to get up he just uses Link's spin to KO me.

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
That is true for me whenever I play with noobs. I pick roy and they say he is better than marth and then I show them how much better marth is.

But then again they ARE noobs so they wouldn't really know who is better than who without knowing all the advanced techs.
Roy is better than Marth you dumb ***.

Banks

Smash Hero
rofl emmy, that sounds right. i remember years ago when only one person in our crew knew sheild grabbing we thought it was the cheapest thing ever...oh those were the days

J Flo

Smash Journeyman
This isn't really the dumbest thing I've heard someone actually say about smash, but it's definitely something that's super funny/stupid.

So me and my friends heard of a local, small tournament. We saw the flyer and it listed all the rules, which are the rules that we usually play by at other tournaments. When we arrive there, there are a bunch of little kids ready to play. And we find out that it's a FREE FOR ALL TOURNAMENT. My friends and I did really well and decided to have fun with what we were given by using cheap tactics (spamming, waiting, camping, and best of all: double/triple teaming).

Shinki

Smash Cadet
When I first learned to use chain to recover (2 days ago xP) my friend was like "WHOA WTH? How did you airdodge then use your chain? Your not supposed to be able to do anything!" I was laughing on the inside =)

The_Smash_Champ

Banned via Warnings
"Why are we playing this? this game sucks"

"Your like the only person who plays this you freak"

"Its not fair you can just float back!"

"What the hell, why does foxes b down keep killing me?!"

I remember my friend always said wavedashing was pointless and after a while he actually started doing it for edgehogs lol, thats a lesson to all noobs out there.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Hehe, reading through this thread reminded me of my father... Nothing really stupid, but funny nonetheless.
He used to, well, I'm not sure whether he gave the characters nicknames or just misread them, but here's some of them:

Zelda = Selma
Bowser = Browser, the fat guy, Uncle Tom's hut ( don't ask me )

Hehe, and whenever he feels like trying a new character, he selects Ness and says that he's never played him before. For the fifth time by now, I think.

Or when playing together against a level 9 computer with handicap on, I'm trying to edgehog and he keeps shooting at the guy, letting him come back. "I told you, don't do that!" "He'd come back anyway!" "No he wouldn't!" "Of course he would, he ALWAYS does!" "That's why I'M HANGING HERE!"

Indigo4

Smash Apprentice
The dumbest thing I EVER heard someone say about Melee was "Melee would be much cooler if it were on the Xbox."

Because after all, the game has nothing to do with Nintendo. ;/

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
"cpt. falcon is hotter in the pink outfit" when we all know he looks better in red.
MLG PA (2 years ago) - "Mind if I put items on?"
"You make me hate myself" - My friend Ryan

"ICE CLIMBERS!? THAT'S BULL****, THEY'RE TWO IN ONE" - My friend Derek

"Nintendo ****ed up my controller" - Cousin

-during a match against my 9 year old cousin in response to seeing the Samus SWD- "Did you know that.... WHAT THE HECK IS THAT!?"
How is this topic not over with these haha. They completely own

Me14k

Smash Lord
Some kid was talking trash to me saying that he could own me.

We start the game, and all he does is double jump with fox, UPB as an attack.

After the game he claimed I only won because I spammed turnips..

Indigo4

Smash Apprentice
I would like to take back my previous statement, and say this:

"Isn't wavedashing a form of surfing?"

...;/

I rest my case.

Bloodmage391

Smash Rookie
From a friend when I played him for the first time, "HOLY ****ING CRAP!! HOW DO YOU MAKE YOUR CHARACTER BE IN LIGHTNING MELEE, BUT MINE ISN'T?!?!?!?! I GOTTA KNOW JT [my name]!!! TELL ME PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

MunkyMan33

Smash Apprentice
this one isn't funny, but pretty annoying. I'm playing with a new roommate who's a casual and I'm teaching him advance stuff. every time I kill him, I hear "What? that was so gay! I thought (insert stupid assumption here)!" really takes the fun out when you can't congratulate and enjoy the skill and creativity of others.

oh, he also says his main, sheik, isn't fast enough to compete with my doc.

A5modeu5

Smash Cadet
guy: falco is faster than fox isnt he?
me : yes..... yes he is(sarcasm)
guy: but he runs faster than fox!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom