• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whats the deal with Nair?

brg

Smash Ace
I never seem to find a situation for it.......and ddd's hammer and back kick has so much range i think, why would I want to be ON the guy?

ynnek123

Smash Ace
yeah, it has a small hitbox IMO and I don't get it off at anytimes, but if you pull it off, you can combo into a chain of utilts poblem is, IDK HOW THE **** PEOPLE CAN HIT WITH THIS

Pwnguin2015

Smash Rookie
I think the hit-box actually extends under his body as well. I think the hit-box is his entire body and it last the entire duration of his Nair but gets weaker to later it hits.

I was facing a Snake user online and I was above him. He used his mortar and I, for some reason, felt compelled to use my Nair. Well, I used the Nair and the mortar's shell exploded but I took no damage nor did I suffer any knock-back. Useful when approaching the ground if i'm not seeing things.

BTW, I still haven't been able to replicate my Waddle Doo glitch. I'm still working on it though, so don't lose hope yet.

I'm going to slow things down in practice mode and see if I can time it right in there.

Meme

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
6939 6733 3968
Also N-air sort of clanks with Zelda's Side-B... (Din's Fire)

It seems to have decent priority afterall...

Timbers

check me out
Nair has a pretty nice lingering hitbox, even or moreso as good as bair's. With that said, I don't have many uses for it. His other aerials cover him pretty **** well.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
i find it useful to use. its kinda like a melee samus sex kick, if u use Nair, and fast fall at the same time its kinda like that :D

kkkoala

Smash Cadet
the point of nair is obvious

secret ddd taunt #11: shuffle nair spam

Tyser

Smash Champion
i find it useful to use. its kinda like a melee samus sex kick, if u use Nair, and fast fall at the same time its kinda like that :D
As a Melee Samus main and a Brawl Dedede main, it's safe for me to say that Samus' sex kick is absolutely nothing like Dedede's Nair at all.

ynnek123

Smash Ace
is there super armor on nair???

EDIT: same time post for the lulz xD
EDIT 2: wow, and he has exactly double post count then I do o_O

Kiyosuki

Smash Journeyman
I think it has some pretty bonafide uses with fast fall and off the stage. I'd rather have it than not have it.

Timbers

check me out
^ Where did this super armor shenanigans come from?
Oh.
is there super armor on nair???

EDIT: same time post for the lulz xD
EDIT 2: wow, and he has exactly double post count then I do o_O
I think it has some pretty bonafide uses with fast fall and off the stage. I'd rather have it than not have it.
Inside joke. It does not have SA frames. If you're ever forced to land on someone though, nair would probably be the best option. The aerial does have low landing lag compared to the other aerials. I personally wouldn't do it, but if you seriously had to...<.<

I think it's one of those moves that were basically given just to fill up the move slot. It's there just because. Bair/nair/dair/uair cover him so well, you shouldn't ever have to be that close in on somebody.

brg

Smash Ace
As a Melee Samus main and a Brawl Dedede main, it's safe for me to say that Samus' sex kick is absolutely nothing like Dedede's Nair at all.
Hi five for melee samus and Dedede brawl!

blueshirt314

Smash Cadet
I can only remember one time when I used the NAir, and that was when my opponent came back at me from bouncing off a wall after a FAir. I think he was at like 450% (I was abusing Waddle Dees, so he wasn't going anywhere), and that thing sent him rocketing. Basically, I used it as a reflex shot when an enemy was getting too close.

Kiyosuki

Smash Journeyman
I know the N air doesn't have SA frames too, but like mentioned it has low landing lag so it's good for fast falling. That's how I use it occasionally. I think just because a move isn't consistently and constantly abusable like B air, doesn't automatically mean its a space waster. Even if it's only good for one or two niche uses I think that warrents its consideration at least. It's hardly a move that can get in the way either, I think it's just there. Which is fine.

Plus it does give him one of his only (and in general one of the only I can think of) natural combos even if it's only two hit, with the fast fall N air to up tilt, if the opponent has a low enough percentage that is. It's not going crazy with the B air move but it is a little tactic that has proven useful to me here and there when I get the chance since any damage helps, and Nair can pull that one thing off better than B air in this case. Like I said, something nice to have. Better than N air doing nothing.

Timbers

check me out
DDDs horizontal DI is incredibly sucky, so if you're forced to land on an opponent, then you'd probably want to use the nair if you know the opponent is likely not go for a utilt or usmash, in which case you would have a better bet trying to airdodge it. (Marth usmash, Snake utilt, Olimar usmash, insert-disjointed-usmash/utilt-here)

fujbubccc

Smash Apprentice
I find it useful if my opponent tries to juggle me at low percentages. Just throw in a nair as you come down and they will stop.

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
Does this work like a sex kick? Seeing as the animation stays on for a while?

Timbers

check me out
The nair has an incredibly long durational hitbox. I don't have a Wii in front of me, but it lasts roughly 2x longer than the bair. The entire animation isn't a hitbox though. Probably 2/3 of it.

turbogilman

Smash Journeyman
Dude his nair is really good. First I nicknamed It the edmond honda and I combo it into itself sometimes

I like it a lot then again...

I use all of his moves in certain situations

brg

Smash Ace
Dude his nair is really good. First I nicknamed It the edmond honda and I combo it into itself sometimes

I like it a lot then again...

I use all of his moves in certain situations
ive started using it at random times to see where it would fit and Im starting to see where its useful.

I usually land it at low percents when opponent is close above me, and I still have a couple of jumps left

Top Bottom