• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's so great about Mewtwo?

Shoopman

Smash Journeyman
Serious thread, why is everyone saying Mewtwo is the bees knees now? I absolutely abhor playing as him so I have basically no firsthand experience. To me he just looks like a less crappy Melee Mewtwo. Besides the tail of death, did he get any new tricks that really helped him out?

Master Raven

Smash Master
Acting with aerials and hover out of teleport (plus it doesn't take away your second jump), insanely good pressure game, high combo potential, good gimping, arguably the best recovery in the game, decently heavy, good crouch cancel game, all his special do something interesting (except shadow ball, which is still very good) including a command grab that works on both the ground and air and also doubles as a reflector, a stun that has really good horizontal knockback if you get hit by it in the air, half his tail is disjointed so he can win the majority of trades... he has a lot going for him.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Serious thread, why is everyone saying Mewtwo is the bees knees now? I absolutely abhor playing as him so I have basically no firsthand experience. To me he just looks like a less crappy Melee Mewtwo. Besides the tail of death, did he get any new tricks that really helped him out?
Watch emukiller
Then come back

CeLL

Smash Lord
His insane shield pressure with teleport -> hover -> nair -> fair, which is an almost guaranteed shield poke.

His recovery which is arguably the best, rivaling Samus'.

Une

Smash Apprentice
Acting with aerials and hover out of teleport (plus it doesn't take away your second jump), insanely good pressure game, high combo potential, good gimping, arguably the best recovery in the game, decently heavy, good crouch cancel game, all his special do something interesting (except shadow ball, which is still very good) including a command grab that works on both the ground and air and also doubles as a reflector, a stun that has really good horizontal knockback if you get hit by it in the air, half his tail is disjointed so he can win the majority of trades... he has a lot going for him.
There you go. Mewtwo is basically one giant piece of ****

Although I think he didn't mention how ridiculous his pokes are sorta. Oh Mewtwo also has that stupid Up Throw. So in the end if you haven't been death comboed or gimped yet , this character that can basically do anything can just kill you with a throw. Real fair.

Haden

If life is so fair, why do roses have thorns?
What's so special about Mewtwo?
bro...

Nair: Not only does it eat shields to death, but you can hover and do it, and it's incredibly safe and has lots of prio.
Up Throw: Let me grab your light characters at like 80-90% and you not have ABSOLUTELY PERFECT DI.. go ahead.
Second Jump: Ridiculous range
Up Special: not only can you now attack out of it, but being as instant as it is makes it very difficult to punish in any way.
Tail: It's range is ridiculously unfair and the Bair has knockback levels it shouldn't.

xXSciophobiaXx

Smash Apprentice
Up Throw: Let me grab your light characters at like 80-90% and you not have ABSOLUTELY PERFECT DI.. go ahead.
Im slightly confused by this… are you suggesting that mewtwo's upthrow is hard to DI?

CeLL

Smash Lord
I'm saying that his throw has a low % kill rate nearly unrivaled by anyone else in the roster.
As far as I know, his uthrow is the strongest throw in the game. I have a 75% finished chart of kill %'s for each character in the game on FD. I'll probably finish it eventually. So far the average is 114.97% without DI and 119.80% with DI.

Untitled3.png

2 C H i L L E D

Eternal Hitstun
3DS FC
3956-0619-2163
1.) Can recover from anywhere on stage.
2.) Weight allows him to live until insane percentages if it isn't a vertical KO move.
3.) He can camp or approach an opponent and the transition between the two is nearly instant.
4.) The range on his attacks are very good.
5.) Teleport and Hover allow him to apply amazing pressure.
6.) His shield is huge. Powershielding is effortless for Mewtwo.
6.) Has the best ledgestall in the game.

Even with all of that I don't think he's terribly OP or OP at all really. In my opinion he just needs a little tone down, without removing his pressure and movement game. For one make his shield smaller which would make powershielding more of a challenge and would leave him prone to shield pokes. Change his weight so that his longevity is cut by a good amount. Lastly, give Bair less knockback its range is already great and the knockback just makes it a bit too good of a move, With those nerfs, he becomes significantly weaker in the defensive department but retains his pressure and combo game. In all honesty he's good, but he's not as good as people are making him out to be.

Last edited:

GoldHazard

Smash Apprentice
Lots of good posts. I don't believe he's OP at all, but I've seen some rather fast Mewtwo Players (Emukiller comes to mind) using A lot of his altered kit and it just blows me away some of the things people have come up with.

I have seen countless people complain about his ledgestall though. I even went to lengths to experiment ledgestalling with teleport on melee, and although melee's teleport leaves Mewtwo helpless, the same ledgestall can even be performed on there. I think I've seen Taj do it back when he played melee as well, now that I think about it. It's just a side effect of one of mewtwo's abilities, and I don't think people should be complaining about it.

internetmovieguy

Smash Apprentice
1.) Can recover from anywhere on stage.
2.) Weight allows him to live until insane percentages if it isn't a vertical KO move.
3.) He can camp or approach an opponent and the transition between the two is nearly instant.
4.) The range on his attacks are very good.
5.) Teleport and Hover allow him to apply amazing pressure.
6.) His shield is huge. Powershielding is effortless for Mewtwo.
6.) Has the best ledgestall in the game.

Even with all of that I don't think he's terribly OP or OP at all really. In my opinion he just needs a little tone down, without removing his pressure and movement game. For one make his shield smaller which would make powershielding more of a challenge and would leave him prone to shield pokes. Change his weight so that his longevity is cut by a good amount. Lastly, give Bair less knockback its range is already great and the knockback just makes it a bit too good of a move, With those nerfs, he becomes significantly weaker in the defensive department but retains his pressure and combo game. In all honesty he's good, but he's not as good as people are making him out to be.
His recovery is too good for this game. They should remove a tiny bit of the height on his double jump.
The shield size is fine because of his large hit box. The back air should have more cool down time, less KBG and send at a slightly higher angle (5 degrees higher).

2 C H i L L E D

Eternal Hitstun
3DS FC
3956-0619-2163
His recovery is too good for this game. They should remove a tiny bit of the height on his double jump.
The shield size is fine because of his large hit box. The back air should have more cool down time, less KBG and send at a slightly higher angle (5 degrees higher).
It's the same as it was in Melee. People only want to complain about it now because he can actually pose a threat. It should stay as is, it's pretty much one of the most defining parts of his character.

internetmovieguy

Smash Apprentice
It's the same as it was in Melee. People only want to complain about it now because he can actually pose a threat. It should stay as is, it's pretty much one of the most defining parts of his character.
Did you mean his recovery or back air?

His recovery has been buffed by a lot because of the ability to act out of teleport and his ability to float. If he keeps that recovery than he should have a weight of 75 or below.

I stand by what i said about the back air nerf

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
There you go. Mewtwo is basically one giant piece of ****

Although I think he didn't mention how ridiculous his pokes are sorta. Oh Mewtwo also has that stupid Up Throw. So in the end if you haven't been death comboed or gimped yet , this character that can basically do anything can just kill you with a throw. Real fair.
You main Ganondorf. Stop complaining about Mewtwo because in the end, even with nerfed Mewtwo, Ganondorf will still be crappy. Complain that Ganondorf needs buffs.

@ internetmovieguy internetmovieguy

His recovery is exactly the same as Melee. If a Mewtwo get **** offstage, they can't just TP and then DJ/Hover back on stage. Also, they can't just DJ/Hover and then TP and get an aerial off. Because chances are they'll miss the aerial and they'll miss the edge, unless they recovered high, which then you should be juggling him. Also back air needs a definite nerf.

This character is definitely broken, but the thing is he's not even the best in the game. Sonic, Fox, Diddy and Pit are all stronger than this character. People just complain about him the most because he's the newest addition to the broken tier.

IMO this character needs these changes
1. Ledgewoop limit of 5, after the 5th woop he'll miss the edge and SD.
2. Weight to 90. He'll die from vertical moves at like 65 and now he'll die from horizontal moves at 110 probably
3. Melee range on tail, no disjointed hitboxes on tail.
4. No more Hover out of Teleport, but yes Double Jump out of Teleport. DJC out of TP isn't broken at all. Hover is because Hover has full range of motion, DJC doesn't.
5. Mewtwo can Teleport downwards through platforms like in Melee.

I retained his hit and run playstyle, nerfed his broken traits so they're limited, and he's still a good character. We're good?

Teleport into L-Cancelled aerial is punishable on reaction. The FAF out of aerial TP is like frame 23. His fastest TP aerial is nair/fair, both come out on frame 28. 28 frames. Thats kinda slow when you think about it. Most characters can stuff this with JABS AND TILTS.

Last edited:

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
You main Ganondorf. Stop complaining about Mewtwo because in the end, even with nerfed Mewtwo, Ganondorf will still be crappy. Complain that Ganondorf needs buffs.
Assuming that he doesn't/can't play other characters is stupid, and implying that he obviously doesn't already do that is stupid. Get off your high horse.

His recovery is exactly the same as Melee.
Not even close, though he already had the best recovery in the game in melee.
Now he can teleport through the stage at an angle and hit people directly out of his recovery with ridiculous long range aerials - some of which are safe on shield. He's way heavier than melee. If he's challenged offstage, he pretty much gets a free stock.

If a Mewtwo get **** offstage, they can't just TP and then DJ/Hover back on stage. Also, they can't just DJ/Hover and then TP and get an aerial off. Because chances are they'll miss the aerial and they'll miss the edge, unless they recovered high, which then you should be juggling him.
That's idiotic. "I have bad execution therefore m2 sucks offstage."

he's not even the best in the game.
LOL

Teleport into L-Cancelled aerial is punishable on reaction.
It would be if he were visible during the teleport. Unfortunately, just because there's a bit of startup animation doesn't mean m2's opponent has any indication as to which direction m2 is headed. This is sounding more and more like you just have terrible execution, and have a practice partner that punishes your terrible habits.

Last edited:

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
Assuming that he doesn't/can't play other characters is stupid, and implying that he obviously doesn't already do that is stupid. Get off your high horse.

Not even close, though he already had the best recovery in the game in melee.
Now he can teleport through the stage at an angle and hit people directly out of his recovery with ridiculous long range aerials - some of which are safe on shield. He's way heavier than melee. If he's challenged offstage, he pretty much gets a free stock.

That's idiotic. "I have bad execution therefore m2 sucks offstage."

LOL

It would be if he were visible during the teleport. Unfortunately, just because there's a bit of startup animation doesn't mean m2's opponent has any indication as to which direction m2 is headed. This is sounding more and more like you just have terrible execution, and have a practice partner that punishes your terrible habits.
You can read Teleport and punish on reaction. Also, improperly soaced aerials are not safe, unless you're Fox and you have a frame 1 move that makes everything safe. Mewtwo DOESN'T have this. His fastest ground move is frame 5 down tilt. You seem to forget that L CANCELLED AERIALS ARE NOT THAT SAFE, its HOVER AERIAL THATS SAFE.

I have no practice partner. I play on wifi vs random people in the wifi boards and I play alone, practicing tech, and watch videos extensively and I can tell that most people are playing this MU incorrectly.

Mewtwo is jugglable. Keep him in stun and he isn't wooping out.

His recovery is the same. His weight isn't. Two different things lol.

Mewtwo is not number 1. You're silly if you think he is.

Also, you've already johned enough about Mewtwo and the other perceived broken characters. Bowser needs buffing and its fair to assume that your TL isn't on the level of Lunchables. Get better.

Frost | Odds

You can read Teleport and punish on reaction.
It seems you don't know what "on reaction" means.

I have no practice partner. I play on wifi vs random people in the wifi boards and I play alone, practicing tech, and watch videos extensively and I can tell that most people are playing this MU incorrectly.
lmao, that explains a lot.

Last edited:

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
It seems you don't know what "on reaction" means.

lmao, that explains a lot.
Do I need a practice partner to have credibility now?

Also, if you think Mewtwo is number 1, you haven't heard of Ninja Link destroying Emukiller right after SKTAR 3 with Diddy Kong (iirc it was a 3-0 NinjaLink win despite this so called super broken unbeatable character that Emukiller was using) Or CT ZeRo 2-0ing Emukiller at Zenith.

Une

Smash Apprentice
LOL wait are you that one guy that said Mewtwo's teleport was reactable some months back? I think I remember that someone said that. I don't even know what to say. I have no words.

And where the hell did you get the idea that I main ganon? Wtf? At the moment I play Wolf and Lucas or other chars depending on the match up. I would main Ganon if he was actually a good character though.

Whatever the case, it's too late now. People have seen what Mewtwo can do. And despite what random crazy people say, he's going to get nerfed.

Also, great logic. "Justin Wong doesn't play Vergil and/or Zero! He won Evo! Guess Zero and Vergil aren't top tier!" LOL.
"Whoops! Bonchan beat Fuudo at Evo! Guess Sagat is better then Fei Long!" Seriously?

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
LOL wait are you that one guy that said Mewtwo's teleport was reactable some months back? I think I remember that someone said that. I don't even know what to say. I have no words.

And where the hell did you get the idea that I main ganon? Wtf? At the moment I play Wolf and Lucas or other chars depending on the match up. I would main Ganon if he was actually a good character though.

Whatever the case, it's too late now. People have seen what Mewtwo can do. And despite what random crazy people say, he's going to get nerfed.

Also, great logic. "Justin Wong doesn't play Vergil and/or Zero! He won Evo! Guess Zero and Vergil aren't top tier!" LOL.
"Whoops! Bonchan beat Fuudo at Evo! Guess Sagat is better then Fei Long!" Seriously?
CT ZeRo may be leagues ahead of Emukiller as a player, but NinjaLink isn't. I'll tell you that. Also Justin Wong is a god at every fighting game he touches. You can't bank your arguments on him.

Also, you did main Ganondorf. Also, you claim to main Lucas now, why? Because he's hella good.

Also, I'm not the only one saying you can stuff TP with jab. Read this.
http://smashboards.com/threads/pro-guide-to-countering-mewtwos-teleport-nair.362221/

And as for if Mewtwo Teleports behind you, throw out a move that covers both sides/retreating aerial to bump into him or predict it and throw out a bair or something.

For example I use MK as one of my main secondaries. When Mewtwo woops, I do SH retreating nair to cover all options. Covers TP behind. Covers in front. Is fast enough so I'm not committing to much at all. Can set up edgeguards. Many characters can do this, and not just with nair. Lucas. Lucario. Wolf. Fox. Snake. Squirtle. Falco. Ike. Marth. Roy.

Last edited:

Frost | Odds

Do I need a practice partner to have credibility now?
Not having one, and claiming things like "teleport is reactable" isn't very good for your credibility, no.

Also, if you think Mewtwo is number 1, you haven't heard of Ninja Link destroying Emukiller right after SKTAR 3 with Diddy Kong (iirc it was a 3-0 NinjaLink win despite this so called super broken unbeatable character that Emukiller was using) Or CT ZeRo 2-0ing Emukiller at Zenith.
Diddy has a decent MU on m2, and emukiller isn't that good.

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
Not having one, and claiming things like "teleport is reactable" isn't very good for your credibility, no.

Diddy has a decent MU on m2, and emukiller isn't that good.
But if Mewtwo is so unbeatable, then why did NinjaLink beat Emukiller? I probably haven't seen enough of Ninja but thats probably because he isnt a top top player. Just a good player. Like Emukiller. Imo it'd be fair to say that they're comparable in skill.

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
Mewtwo isn't Brawl MK by any stretch of the imagination. He's good, but not overwhelmingly dominant.

Emu may be the one who brought certain Mewtwo shenanigans to the general community's attention, but by his own admission his fundamentals are relatively poor and it shows. NinjaLink is a solid player. So is Junebug, and so is Zero. All of them have good fundamentals, adapt well, and play strong characters with decent matchups against Mewtwo.

I've said this elsewhere, but I don't think tele shenanigans have been fully utilized yet. Something of a shame, because that probably won't happen before 3.5 hits.

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
Jesus. Learn to read, please.

I've watched a lot of NinjaLink, his fundamentals are much better than Emu's - further evidenced by his victory.
Emukiller still has decent fundamentals. Ninja's may be better, but Mewtwo is soooo mch more broken than diddy right? I mean Diddy's fair is like Sheik's but better in every way, but Mewtwo has this jank, unbeatable, i'm too lazy to bother tying to edgeguard it recovery makes it null am I right? Diddy may have a decent dash dance, but Mewtwo's super OP Teleport hover nair that is impossible to beat and I'm too lazy to try and suff it with retreating aerials that are non committal enough to keep me safe if he angles TP differently ruins the DD, and my character is too slow to keep up with Mewtwo.

Oh wait, Diddy CAN edgeguard Mewtwo. He CAN stuff hover nair, and he IS fast enough to keep up. And frankly, many characters are able to keep up with Mewtwo, but they were designed poorly from the start. Roy should be able to clock Mewtwo, and he would if he had a better, less sucky recovery. Toon Link would wreck Mewtwo if the recovery wasn't booty. Ganondorf would do decent if it weren't for the fact that 1. most of his mains john like crazy and then ditch the character and 2. he got some needed buffs. Bowser would do fine with Mewtwo if it weren't that every thing he does is highly commital. Needs a redisgn IMO.

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
You can do more than just hovernair out of teleport. I don't think consistently stuffing Mewtwo's approaches is a realistic possibility if his kit is fully utilized.

What do you do if I teleport in front/behind you? Above? What if I hover or land out of range of your counter, then punish it? What if I autocancel to a platform then approach? Are you able to simultaneously defend against both nair and fair/bair in each of these scenarios? If you do and I float cancel the aerial, are you safe against followups without giving up stage position? etc

The mindgame potential is insane. I just hope they don't take all the fun out of Teleport in 3.5.

Last edited:

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
You can do more than just hovernair out of teleport. I don't think consistently stuffing Mewtwo's approaches is a realistic possibility if his kit is fully utilized.

What do you do if I teleport in front/behind you? Above? What if I hover or land out of range of your counter, then punish it? What if I autocancel to a platform then approach? Are you able to simultaneously defend against both nair and fair/bair in each of these scenarios? If you do and I float cancel the aerial, are you safe against followups without giving up stage position? etc

The mindgame potential is insane. I just hope they don't take all the fun out of Teleport in 3.5.
You can't TP onto a platform, and then TP again down through it. Only in Melee you could TP through plats.

Stuffing Mewtwo's TPs with non commital moves are viable. Because their is no commitment. If he Teleports above you, thats a bad position for him, and in the long run, isn't favorable. Several characters can juggle Mewtwo very easily.

Teleport behind? Retreating aerials cover both front and behind in one option. Like I sad earlier, as an MK i can retreating nair every time Mewtwo woops. Its non commital enough so I'm safe if the Mewtwo tries to troll with TP angling, and if it works, its a potential edgeguard oppurtunity. Hovering breaks the TP. So remove the hover out of TP, but retain the DK after TP. DJC aerials are not free like Hover aerials are.

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
You can't TP onto a platform, and then TP again down through it. Only in Melee you could TP through plats
I know, but that's not stopping you from shield dropping into an attack or teleport.

Stuffing Mewtwo's TPs with non commital moves are viable. Because their is no commitment. If he Teleports above you, thats a bad position for him, and in the long run, isn't favorable. Several characters can juggle Mewtwo very easily
"Bad" positions can be advantageous if the opponent isn't in a position to capitalize on them. If you're expecting a front/rear approach and countering accordingly, approaches from above are generally relatively safe.

Teleport behind? Retreating aerials cover both front and behind in one option. Like I sad earlier, as an MK i can retreating nair every time Mewtwo woops. Its non commital enough so I'm safe if the Mewtwo tries to troll with TP angling, and if it works, its a potential edgeguard oppurtunity.
You don't just have to protect against frontal and rear approaches, you have to rapidly and simultaneously protect against everything I just listed and probably some things I'm not thinking of. MK's nair is unusually effective in stuffing immediate attacks - 3 frame jumpsquat, nair comes out on frame 3, moderate range, covers all angles, lingering hitboxes, attached to a very mobile character. Even then, Mewtwo stands to gain stage position at minimum if he does anything but tele behind.

Last edited:

Frost | Odds

You don't just have to protect against frontal and rear approaches, you have to rapidly and simultaneously protect against everything I just listed and probably some things I'm not thinking of.
Shadow balls, WD forward -> tilts, Tele-> confusion, RAR HC'd bairs, rising hover fairs

just to name a few.

MK's nair is unusually effective in stuffing immediate attacks - 3 frame jumpsquat, nair comes out on frame 3, moderate range, covers all angles, lingering hitboxes, attached to a very mobile character. Even then, Mewtwo stands to gain stage position at minimum if he does anything but tele behind.
Yeah I think he's under the impression that everyone has an option that good. Also that there's an infinite amount of stage space where anyone can continually retreat against M2 - who totally doesn't have a perfect edgeguarding game.

Also, even MK retreating nair, while certainly one of the best options, still loses to a properly spaced/timed TP aerial from m2, and requires more commitment sometimes.

Last edited:

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
I know, but that's not stopping you from shield dropping into an attack or teleport.

"Bad" positions can be advantageous if the opponent isn't in a position to capitalize on them. If you're expecting a front/rear approach and countering accordingly, approaches from above are generally relatively safe.

You don't just have to protect against frontal and rear approaches, you have to rapidly and simultaneously protect against everything I just listed and probably some things I'm not thinking of. MK's nair is unusually effective in stuffing immediate attacks - 3 frame jumpsquat, nair comes out on frame 3, moderate range, covers all angles, lingering hitboxes, attached to a very mobile character. Even then, Mewtwo stands to gain stage position at minimum if he does anything but tele behind.
Thing is, all your scenarios make it so Mewtwo destroys slow characters, because he is faster than them. This is how it works in fighters. Falcon, MK, spacies, Diddy, DK, GW, Marth, Sheik, Snake, etc would have no problem covering these options. They're fairly quick.

Stage position can depend, because after a certain range, Mewtwo can't woop without being punished. IDK what the frames for his jump squat to aerial TP are, but if I recall correctly, its 13 frames between these two actions. Many good players can react to this. If bad players can't react to it, thats fine. They're bad. Their main purpose is to 1. improve and 2. fill the pot. Look what a bunch of scrubs can do. Zelda is getting nerfed just because scrubs can't deal with suddenly a decent character.

Frost | Odds

Thing is, all your scenarios make it so Mewtwo destroys slow characters, because he is faster than them. This is how it works in fighters. Falcon, MK, spacies, Diddy, DK, GW, Marth, Sheik, Snake, etc would have no problem covering these options. They're fairly quick.
Only until they throw out a move - at which point they're dead.

Stage position can depend, because after a certain range, Mewtwo can't woop without being punished. IDK what the frames for his jump squat to aerial TP are, but if I recall correctly, its 13 frames between these two actions.
Holy hell no wonder you're so misguided. You seem to be under the impression that m2 is committed to TP every time he jumps - and can't do it from higher up in the jump, or when he's falling, or mix up the timing in any way whatsoever, or do any of his 100000000 other options instead (like his ridiculous WD->tilts).

Guess what: if the other guy assumes that m2 is going to tp after every jump, he's going to get 0-deathed. Your utter lack of experience is showing.

Last edited:

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
Shadow balls, WD forward -> tilts, Tele-> confusion, RAR HC'd bairs, rising hover fairs

just to name a few.

Yeah I think he's under the impression that everyone has an option that good. Also that there's an infinite amount of stage space where anyone can continually retreat against M2 - who totally doesn't have a perfect edgeguarding game.
He doesn't have a perfect edgeguard game lol. A perfect edgeguard game means I wouldn't even have to go offstage an dI'm guaranteed KOs off that.

Rising aerials are punishable.
TP Shadow Ball is not doing much unless its fully charged
The tail is ridiculous. Bair should definitely be nerfed.
WD forward high range fast tilts is not something new (Roy's ftilt outranges Mewtwo's fsmash lol, Marth, MK, plus more), especially since the tilts are not even disjointed all the way through.
TP Confusion gets beaten by dashing in the range of the TP. So when Mewtwo reappears, the only thing he gets off Confusion is the wind hitbox.

Either way, I've said this before. Hover out of TP is broken, double jump isn't. Attacking out of TP is not. The tail is too long. His combo game however is not that broken. Booty grab is not new to Mewtwo. Many of the things that people complain about Mewtwo are not new at all.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
You guys are interesting lol

Anyway to answer most of your questions, I beat Emukiller cause hes extremely predictable to me. Thats a matchup I honestly shouldnt be winning. Emu's fundamentals needs work.

Last edited:

Frost | Odds

I got downvoted to hell on Reddit for saying that Emukiller is bad, but it's true. He's completely carried by his character. He only beat M2K because he actually paid attention to the changes that PM brought.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Funny that I told M2K what to do on how to beat him. Also told Junebug as well. M2K I guess didnt get it lol. Its not hard. Quite funny being I dont even practice the game, just play at tourneys for the most part letting my melee instincts kick in.

Last edited:

Frost | Odds

M2K was here a couple weeks before his set with emu; he lost some dittos to my roommate. We tried to teach him how to play m2 properly and he was like "no man I'm just gonna keep playing him like in melee"

alrighty then

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
"no man I'm just gonna keep playing him like in melee"
That's M2K's Mewtwo in a nutshell. He'll fair out of teleport and occasionally use hover to extend combos, but that's about as far as he goes in terms of new things for Mewtwo. It's a shame, he'd get so much more out of PM in general if he made a greater effort to adapt and learn.

Reddit has this thing where they alternately worship Emu, ***** about Mewtwo being broke as hell (when not complaining about Diddy, Link, Zelda, etc), and shout "OH EMU LOST MEWTWO ISN'T BROKEN!" There's a significant portion of the community that is incapable of and unwilling to understand the differences between what any given player does and what can actually be done.

Last edited:

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
I dont think the characters you listed really has anything complaint worthy that doesnt have an answer for it. I'm no stranger for causing the controversy. Remember Diddy beating MK in brawl? Yea me neither. Ppl are very ignorant which is why I havent been on SWF for a long time. I had Zero going around the venue asking EVERYONE what they think about diddy, never thinking I just supremely outplayed him cause hes just as predictable as Emu. No one ever thinks its them and blames the character.

Last edited:
Top Bottom