• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's one thing that you thought would be deconfirmed that got confirmed?

jupiter

Smash Apprentice
"You must recover!"

I didn't expect double jumps and UP B's to return....

hahah, jokes aside...

--i DID NOT expect the use of the sideways Wiimote to be an option for control--
I thought...no way in hell would you be able to use it sideways...it's too simple! Lo and behold. Still a crappy choice for control. But there, nonetheless.

--I didn't think there'd be a DS stage...such as Pictochat stage--
Really?! Who would've thought? I thought about Nintendo games for the DS that might have representation...like Mario&Luigi Partners in Time characters like the Shroobs or something. But not the DS itself!

I'm still waiting for:

Luigi (with Poltergust 3000 as Down B)
Captain Falcon
Falco
Ganondorf (moveset redone, TP model)
Sheik
Jigglypuff
Mr G&W
Marth
Mewtwo

I KNOW they have to be in...they're obvious veterans who're returning....gotta be!

Plus:

Megaman
Geno/Mallow
Bowser Jr
Slippy Toad (starfox)
Peppy Hare (starfox)
Black Knight (fire emblem)
Black Shadow (FZero)
Dixie Kong (probably deconfirmed via Trophy picture)
King K. Rool
Wolf (starfox, obviously)
Lucario
Klonoa (only nintendo system was GBA, by Namco)
Pacman (Namco)
(can't think of more)

Any or all of these would be awesome to have as playables!

Macrofly

Smash Cadet
I was sure that we would get a second F-Zero rep and that it would be Samurai Goroh. Even though I don't know much about F-Zero it seemed so obvious to me that he'd be in. >_>;

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
Nothing yet..

(I keep an open mind about things)

But I really don't think Geno is going to be in the game.

finalark

SNORLAX
Honestly I never saw the Picto-Chat stage coming...

Also Ike's slowness. Then again, they may just change with the final game.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Squirtle and Charizard. I honestly would never thought they would ever be in a Smash Bros game as a playable...The whole Pokemon Trainer concept saved them. I seriously smiled all day when I saw that certain update :)

sfox8

Smash Journeyman
I don't see why IC were so unexpected. They were one of the most unique characters in Melee. I wasn't worried about their return. And I'm very happy about it.

I'd say Stage Builder for me. I didn't really have any preference as far as Sonic went (if he's was in great, if not, then sorry to those who wanted him) but deep down I had a feeling he'd show up sooner or later.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Oh yeah, Stage Builder...I would never think Nintendo would pull off such a great feature. :D

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
Honestly I have to go with Stage Builder here like many others.

I never really thought they'd be able to pull off such a great feature. Even if it turns out to be pretty basic, something is better than nothing. It's very existence is impressive to me.

AS Juggernaut

Smash Journeyman
That Wario alone would be special. I mean Wario of all characters....being special? Maybe there is a hidden meaning here? Such as Wario rides the short bus.

Didn't think there would be the stage builder or really sharing contenting of any kind. It seems so un-nintendo with all of this sharing and actually being capable to share things with friends over online. You'd think they would say " Nope, they're going to make a stage look like a *****, can't have these maps being shared."

JPW

Smash Ace
Same here.

I honestly didn't think Lucas or Ike would make it in, either.
Ike was a shoe-in for me. Being the most recent FE lord. And they wanted to establish the FE scene it was logical for them to have an up to date character.
This was also why I doubted Hector, Eliwood and Lyndis.... too old. And it's a really rare game.

My biggest shock though at bad news was Samurai Goroh being an assist, I was looking forward to this guy getting a shot, they could of done some great stuff I feel.

As for Sonic I had this deep feeling that he would make it.

I never saw Stage Builder coming though, nor did I see Pokemon Trainer.... that was like... WHAT THE ****!

King DeDeDe I saw from a mile away. Huge fanbase, and was about time the Kirby franchise got pushed a little bit more. I don't love the Kirby franchise as much as others, but I believe each deserves a bit more with it. or at least 3 or more. Especially when you have the other 3 main franchise players with 4 or more reps.(Mario, Zelda, Pokemon)

I had a feeling IC would return. Mainly for nostalgia and unique/different abilities to the rest.

Diddy Kong to me was the most expected newcomer. If no one saw this coming then I feel bad for you. When you've seen Diddy Kong in Mario Kart, Mario Tennis, Mario Golf and even Mario Strikers you have to ask yourself that stupid question again. What are the odds of Diddy not being in Super Smash Bros. Brawl? Then again if Waluigi and Daisy didn't make it, then I could possibly see reasons for doubts. BUt you would have to be blind.

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
Melee Hyrule Temple. Since I'd never met anybody who liked it, I assumed nobody did, and therefore Nintendo wouldn't include it. Although they did include Yoshi's Island 64 in Melee, and everyone hated that at least as much.

I had very much hoped the deal with Konami would fall through and Snake would be de-confirmed, but I was disappointed.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Pokemon Trainer was the only thing they added so far that I didn't think was obvious...

...I didn't expect Wario with an alternate costume either though...

Fearthesmash

Smash Apprentice
For me its the fact that there are third party characters at all, when I saw snake in the very first vid I seriously sat there and went "Holy ****ign ****, no ****ign way" right in the middle of my computing class.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Pokemon Trainer and Sonic both shocked me when I saw them. I seriously thought I was dreaming, not because I really wanted them, but because I thought it defied logic.

However, I'm happy they're there, so it's no biggie.

Top Bottom