• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's happened to my old Friend Code?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
First off, this isn't a thread looking for Brawlers

I was playing with a friend earlier today and my internet died on me. I knew it had cause it froze for ages for me so I just turned my Wii off and thought nothing of it. Took me ages to get my internet back up again

When I logged back onto the Brawl WFC, I got a message telling me my friend code. It wasn't the one I had and when I got on, I found my entire friend roster had been deleted and I had a new Brawl FC

I don't have any idea what on earth has happened...can anyone help me with this problem? It seems like I'm stuck with this new code and an empty roster...bizzarely, I still have all my save data complete with my Online match playtime as well :confused:

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I've never hacked any part of my Wii or Brawl for that matter. I wasn't playing someone who had hacked their Wii or Brawl either. I simply turned my Wii off halfway through a match and bam, when I log back on it gives me a FC (that's not my old one) and I find my entire friend roster is empty complete with a new FC

It's almost as though I've never connected to the Brawl WFC before and yet I have all my online records in the records bit of Brawl

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
It's an odd case I must say.
You were using a wireless router, correct?

During the disconnection your Wi-Fi data some how got erased. Though I don't know why, it's something to look into.

My assumption for the reason your record data was still saved is because Wi-Fi data is stored seperately. The information on Wi-Fi matches played is sent to your system, but Friend Roster info is stored online. So when your Wi-Fi data got erased, the records still remained. Again, this is only an assumption.

I decided to answer this here but as Steel2nd said, please use the Q&A thread next time.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I decided to answer this here but as Steel2nd said, please use the Q&A thread next time.
Me and Zen will let you get away with it for now ^_-

But next time...
No offense guys but it seems like the Q&A thread is... well... not working very well to put it lightly :ohwell:

The only questions currently in there were redirected from new topics, and it seems like you spend more time telling people not to post these types of threads than actually answering their questions >.<

I'll tell you from experience that most new people to forums will post a new topic if they have a question, because it attracts more attention. They often won't be bothered re-posting their question if told to take it to another thread. As a result, a new, locked topic is in existence and that person is still unenlightened.

This is just my opinion but I think this particular forum is inactive enough that one or two new question threads every few days can't really hurt. Even if the more popular threads are pushed down a bit... well, that's what scroll bars are for :lick:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom