What's behind Bowser?

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
NNID
Sorastar9
It's really hard to make out with this screenshot, and the mysterious things behind Bowser could be attached to the adjacent characters on both sides. 0:50 from the trailer here gives a more zoomed out, spaced shot and better look at the things that appear to be behind Bowser in the screenshot provided, but I cannot produce an enhanced image of this frame at the moment. If someone could, that'd be great.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
NNID
Sorastar9
Finally got to a computer and managed to take a screenshot.
Screen Shot 2018-03-16 at 7.29.55 PM.png

This screenshot was taken around the 0:50-51 mark, the farthest back the camera goes before it cuts to a close-up of Mario's silhouette.
The screenshot in the OP of this thread was taken around the 0:47, the earliest the silhouettes appear on screen.
I initially thought the mysterious object on the right was a wind-up toy of some sort as well, but upon closer examination of the brief 4 seconds we see these characters, I'm led to believe this is something else because it doesn't quite look like a wind-up key. I'm not sure what, though.
The thing to the left is most likely an article of clothing attached to the character on the left of Bowser.

Last edited: