• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's behind Bowser?

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
It's really hard to make out with this screenshot, and the mysterious things behind Bowser could be attached to the adjacent characters on both sides. 0:50 from the trailer here gives a more zoomed out, spaced shot and better look at the things that appear to be behind Bowser in the screenshot provided, but I cannot produce an enhanced image of this frame at the moment. If someone could, that'd be great.

Oddball

Smash Lord
They say behind every man is a good woman, so that's what I'm going with.

A good woman is behind Bowser.

Glitch_Wiz

Smash Cadet
Well... from the shape, (I dunno what it's called, the black thing with 2 holes) but maybe a machakoopa?

Last edited:

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Finally got to a computer and managed to take a screenshot.
Screen Shot 2018-03-16 at 7.29.55 PM.png

This screenshot was taken around the 0:50-51 mark, the farthest back the camera goes before it cuts to a close-up of Mario's silhouette.
The screenshot in the OP of this thread was taken around the 0:47, the earliest the silhouettes appear on screen.
I initially thought the mysterious object on the right was a wind-up toy of some sort as well, but upon closer examination of the brief 4 seconds we see these characters, I'm led to believe this is something else because it doesn't quite look like a wind-up key. I'm not sure what, though.
The thing to the left is most likely an article of clothing attached to the character on the left of Bowser.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I believe that's Marth on the left, and Pikachu to the right.

Top Bottom