• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What wsa the tech that was the hardest for you to master?

Gen. Empoleon

Smash Rookie
I'm going to have to say the wave shine... can't move my fingers ANY WHERE near as fast as they need to...

*goes back to trying to do it any way*

LittleOne

Smash Cadet
the hardest for me waveshine. i had the same problem as you, but one day it just clicked and i was able to do it. i don't use waveshining much though.

Smash Master
Drillshine. I need to stop using the control stick to jump.

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
Wow, waveshine for me too. I still mess up sometimes. Hardest tech I am currently trying to do is moon walking.

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
Wavedash.
I still can't remember to do it. That's why I main Peach. Loopholes ftw.
lmao.
Why wavedash when you can float? ^_^

Hardest for me... SWD's. T_T

But actual like useful techs? SHDF with Marf. I have pressure issues with the short hop in it for some reason.

CaptHappyFace

Smash Apprentice
Hardest AT for me is Marth's Shffls

Hardest thing overall in melee: Actually beating people at tournys. Got hard to get used to, it seems I got nervous over the fact that I'm playin someone different than I normally play.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Moonwalking, as I haven't mastered it yet, and I suck **** at it.

Or JC shines... or drillshining with Fox (because of the hitlag and stuff with the dair)

battousai555

Smash Ace
SHDLs, waveshines, thunders combo, multi-JC shines, other stupid fox stuff. That's why I gave up on him. /cry

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
pivot jump desynchs with the ice climbers

that or empty pivots

actually i can't do either of those consistently yet

on that note, rshdl and shdl are easy compared to some of the movement crap in this game and stuff with ic

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
L canceling whenever it's not the l cancel in a shffl or a fulljumped arial (b/c ive practiced that and done it a million times).... for example: L canceling on stages with uneven terrain (like poke floats)
Why? because I have the problem of thinking "press L X amount of time after the fast fall" >.> I'm trying to get out of that habit now though, thinking about starting to l cancel with Z or something.

game set

Smash Apprentice
Fast shuffles consistently with Fox. Throw in the shine in-between.
only thing i have alot of trouble with is dair-shine pillaring, and maybe edge canceling effectively in game, but it's not hardto actually do. foxy btw

waveshine looked hard till i tried it, then it took me about a day, then much longer to actually make it useful.

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
I fail at pivoting.

I eventually managed to pivot about 30% of the time, but then I had to stop playing SSB (it has been a month >_<). Now, I probably cannot do it.

When I say pivot, I mean f-smash only. No way in my life will I do tilts out of a pivot.

Then again, I never tried moonwalking and several other ATs.

MattNF

Smash Lord
Moonwalking is giving me a lot of troubles. I don't use Falcon often, though, so it doesn't really affect me that much. But I still like to at least be able to do it.

Smash Journeyman
Pillaring, I just can't get the timing down for wavedashing out of the shine and I just jump out of it.

Red the Ghost

Smash Ace
Moonwalking is pretty hard, and I still can't do it completely, but I have never been able to pull off Doc's upB cancel. Ever. x.x

It took me about 5 minutes to waveshine, although I've just tried it recently, as I hadn't used Fox much before that. I suppose that doesn't count. ^_^

I can JC Shine occasionally - I'm much better at it in Smash 64, though.

So yeah... Doc's upB-cancel. Just can't move the **** control stick fast enough.

okiyama

Smash Ace
SHFFL with Fox...
I could waveshine it's just short hopping was hard as hell, at one tournament I had a match were I just realized how to do it, and I did it.

Grunt

Smash Master
SHDL
...I still can't do it all the time.
after that's done with, Fox's Shine bair will be next.
o.0

Top Bottom