• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What would dissipoint you about brawl the most, or already did

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Seeing Waluigi confirmed as an Assist Trophy really got me upset. I would've thought that he'd make the cut if Wario wore his overalls.

Plus, he has been used for comic relief in a lot of Mario games (especially in Mario Power Tennis' intro).

Williampettysan

Smash Journeyman
My mum in Brawl... Nevermind I would main her. XD

Anyway, Bowser Jr. But no Geno... Atleast Mega, Pac or Bombermen are in... I wish all 3 but no chance... :/

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
that I wont be able to play online becuse of my lake of DSl or cable :(

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
To me, it looks like Sakurai is putting too much effort into the single player of this game. Single player is great, don't get me wrong, but...there's no replay value in a single player game. Didn't he notice at all how popular Melee was, despite the questionable single player? That's not what made the first two games good!
It's not single player anymore, co-op. Plus there's a story to it which adds even more quality. I'm sure you shouldn't worry about it,

Anyways, my dissappointment for Brawl? I've only two. I'll start with the least of important.
#1. King K. Rool in Brawl. I'm sorry, but I wouldn't even like this guy as a punching bag. He's just too awkward for Brawl.

#2. My very worst fear. High expectations for Brawl not met making people complain! This game has been blown up to a large proportion. I know it's going to be big, but it's not going to be the best game in the universe that's going to have a million characters with everything they want. That's NOT gonna happen.:urg:

Matt Silver

Smash Journeyman
In a world where there is no Sakurai. Only Link...
If the following characters aren't playable, I'll be kinda disappointed:

- Isaac
- Krystal
- Claus
- Micaiah
- Lucario

IMO, there is no logic to not putting at least 3 of those 5 in (Isaac, Krystal and Claus being my favourites).

Btw, if anyone with the suffix "man" in it is playable instead of the former 5 I mentioned, I might ****ing puke. (By man, I mean Bomber, Pac and Mega - no more third party characters FTW).

ValiantVernon

Smash Journeyman
If Geno doesnt make the cut...or at least get an RPG assist trophy/boss
And i have accepted the fact but still hope for Chrono Trigger to have some part in the game no matter how small =]

Wyvern

Smash Journeyman
The biggest disappointment I've had so far was definitely Lyn being deconfirmed (and I can see I'm not the only one). I love FE7, and she had a ton of personality and uniqueness in the way she fought (well, everyone in that game did). I hate seeing FE7 ignored so they can put in more hopelessly generic greatsword-wielders like Ike or Marth or Sigurd. I mean, what's the only interesting maneuver Ike ever really did in his game? Aether? Here's a little secret for you. The whole throwing sword-jump technique? Total ripoff of the Hero attack animation from FE7. And that was just for a generic class! THAT is how much style that game had. I guess the idea of Hector getting in isn't quite completely impossible, but I've pretty much given up on looking forward to the Fire Emblem roster. It'll be what it is and it'll probably be lame.

Looking to the future, the possible things that would also disappoint me pretty badly are having less than 36 characters (I'm hoping for 40, but 36 is the bare minimum that would satisfy me), Ridley not being playable (he is a pirate dragon from space...throw in a ninja somewhere and that is pretty much the mathematical formula for awesome) and Ganondorf being given a sword (barefisted Ganondorf was totally awesome and one of my favorite fighters, even though he was technically a clone).

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
the day Stafy was confirmed as an AT....but thank god he's still in.....the returning of Clones (Ganondorf and Roy can come back with new moves) any character who wasnt clone taken.....Master Cheif being Brawl...and if any one of the ppl in my sig are not playable characters

SmashALLSTAR

Smash Cadet
It would dissapoint me if:
-Isaac
-Dark Samus
-Ganondorf
-Ridley

Wern't confirmed for Brawl.
It would really make me depressed if Ganondorf weren't brought back, though.

I would really love for Ridley and Dark Samus to be announced as Metroid needs more representitives. Also there should be more Metroid Prime stages, such as Chozo Ruins and Tallon Overworld with there respective music.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
So far:
the delay, not more info being revealed, Little Mac relegated to AT, and Waluigi actually looking really good but being relegated to an AT

What probably will:
no playable Takamaru, no mention of Mario RPG no less no playable Geno, no mention of StarTropics, another Sonic character being playable

R.Y.N.O

Smash Journeyman
If MM Skull Kid, FD Link, and Masks Link are not in there. I don't really care much for wolf link. Also I want Ganondorf to come back WITH A SWORD this time. Metroid already has three stages. I don't think we need more. We do need more Metroid representatives though.

R.Y.N.O

Smash Journeyman
No actually I don't. That would be way too many. I meant I expected one of them to come. I also forgot to mention sora or roxas.

stepmaniers13

Smash Cadet
You know what disappoints me in Brawl right now? Nothing.
What would disappoint me? Nothing.

Really, the whole point of this game is to have fun, and so far it has shown it will be that.

Online doesn't have a ranking system? GREAT! That puts the emphasis on having fun over winning every game possible and having the best record. Plus it will lower disconnection rates because I get tired of doing something online and if someone is losing they disconnect to "purify" their records.
Little control over online items? GREAT! Random items make matches fun instead of the same ol' "STOCK NO ITEMS FINAL DESTINATION" matches that everyone is so keen about.
Not knowing who you are up against? GREAT! Instead of being all "Oh crap its this guy with a good record" you never know who you will fight. Plus if they disconnect it replaces them with a computer, therefore even if you end up losing Internet connection you can still finish the fight you are in instead of having a bunch of unfinished Brawl matches.

As for characters, I'm already content with what is there. The fact there are unlockable characters is great. Sure I don't know them, and it probably won't include my favorite character, but so what? Brawl looks fun as it is, and that is the only reason I get games to begin with.

The stages and the music have been very good to me so far as well. They all look fun and the music is awesome.

So, no, nothing will disappoint me about this game unless its a major bug that prohibits/hinders play.

R.Y.N.O

Smash Journeyman
You know what disappoints me in Brawl right now? Nothing.
What would disappoint me? Nothing.

Really, the whole point of this game is to have fun, and so far it has shown it will be that.

Online doesn't have a ranking system? GREAT! That puts the emphasis on having fun over winning every game possible and having the best record. Plus it will lower disconnection rates because I get tired of doing something online and if someone is losing they disconnect to "purify" their records.
Little control over online items? GREAT! Random items make matches fun instead of the same ol' "STOCK NO ITEMS FINAL DESTINATION" matches that everyone is so keen about.
Not knowing who you are up against? GREAT! Instead of being all "Oh crap its this guy with a good record" you never know who you will fight. Plus if they disconnect it replaces them with a computer, therefore even if you end up losing Internet connection you can still finish the fight you are in instead of having a bunch of unfinished Brawl matches.

As for characters, I'm already content with what is there. The fact there are unlockable characters is great. Sure I don't know them, and it probably won't include my favorite character, but so what? Brawl looks fun as it is, and that is the only reason I get games to begin with.

The stages and the music have been very good to me so far as well. They all look fun and the music is awesome.

So, no, nothing will disappoint me about this game unless its a major bug that prohibits/hinders play.
I never really thought about it that way. Up to this point every thing has been great. People scream for more character and stage updates but if they gave everything away then it would spoil every thing. It would actually be fun to have well, random stuff. It would not be seriously disappointed in the game if FD Link, MM Skull Kid, Masks Link, Sora, or Roxas are not in there. That's not to say that I would not care if they were in or not. I want them in. But it would still be a fun and exciting game without them. Melee is still one of my favorite games but I kind of ruined the first time experience by looking at a guide so that I could see how to get everything. I am not going to make the same mistake with Brawl.

BKBroiler

Smash Cadet
If Ness is still in. I guess I would be dissapointed if Krystal wasn't in, but not much.

Tatsujinken

Smash Journeyman
I am already disappointed about how there are no names on Wi-Fi random battle. I understand that win-loss records may lead to disconnectors but I don't think having names is much of a problem at all.

As for when the game actually comes out, I think I'll be disappointed if Wi-Fi matches end up being laggy.

joeysmash

Smash Ace
NNID
papakarcher
ill be disapointed if there is no way to rotate people in a match... like 1 stock have sonic, another have bomberman and the other have olimer.

hehe guess i know what else ill be disapointed about :)

Prinkachu

Smash Cadet
That it was cancelled...

Tough it was a halflyy sad thing for me that you can not know who are you fighting with in Wi-Fi, you should be able to comunicate with other people in Wi-Fi.

But at least it does have a Wi-Fi mode!

I would also be dissapointed if Brawl ends up being a bad game, or if it doesn't surpass Melee.

The Great Tama

Smash Journeyman
What would dissipoint you about brawl the most, or already did.

Pity Final smash?-Can it alone be turned off? I don't really care. I'll just **** them over before they use it.
2 min Wifi matches with anyone? Ehh, don't care.
Random tripping (If its randon)? Tripping, what??
Unfair characters(too good XD)? Tiers need to be put in place. If every character was balanced, it would be a boring game.
Your character you like the most being horrible? Link and Samus should be at least mid tier.
Not being able to record videos? Don't care.
No online game updates (stage additions,character balancing) Don't care.
No online ranking system? Who cares??
No names on wifi with anyone? So?? Your Wifi questions are kinda insignificant.
Not as much characters that you dreamed of? I hope not. I hope there is at least 40 of 'em.
Not as much level as you wanted? ????
If Lag online is unbearable? Let's hope not. Sakurai had enough time to clean it up, so it should be cool.
Your most wanted character not being in game? Rayman? Dark Samus? Megaman? hmm....

*Some levels in the game cant be playable on wifi?
Yeah, that would be dumb.

CowDude

Smash Apprentice
If there are still clones. And if Marth doesn't return.

Other bad ones would be:

Unable to play as ZSS without items on (which is probably going to happen...).
If the whole CPU taking over disconnected WiFi opponent thing messes up the WiFi experience.
Clones don't return, but previous clones (Falco, mainly) get bad new movesets.
If the stage editor isn't good.

Can't think of many others right now.

Terradrius

Smash Apprentice
People whining because Brawl wasn't made the exact way that they feel it should be has already, and I'm certain will continue to, disappoint me.

But also Mega Man not making the cut, or the game being too unbalanced. But the first is Sakurai's choice, not mine, and the second I'm not too worried about.

Nonchalant

Smash Cadet
Wavedash gone
Super wave dash gone (****ing love this move!)
L-cancel thing is okay for me, I fastfall a lot any way. It would be better if you could still L-cancel non fast fall moves though ;o.
Anonomys online play ;(
No online rankings ;(

Previously mentioned statements about online play.

pwnzorz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ABlackMage
3DS FC
0103-9129-9741
Sakurai's removal of character focus.
Dragoon parts.
Assist Trophies wasting good sprites when you could add a little more sprites and BAM! New Challenger Approaching.
No communication on random Wi-Fi battles.
Too many Kirby characters.

Top Bottom