• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What would dissipoint you about brawl the most, or already did

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Lyn. That took the cake... my most wanted character for Brawl. At the very least, I was put down quickly rather than hoping for a character all the way up until the final roster was revealed, then disappointed.

Besides that, it would just be characters in general, the overall number, who and how many from each franchise, what franchises are represented, and things like that. With a 35+ character roster, something like only one and a half Metroid reps and two Fire Emblem reps would be pretty sad.

Thi0s

Smash Apprentice
For some reason, Ike not having any long range with his sword put me down a bit. (If you know FE then you know Ike's sword can have long range "slash waves")
And obviously, if Sakurai said : "We were trying to build up Captain Falcons susupense for these past few moments, but we never actually started creating him. Thus he will be cut."
If that happened I would cry whimpering baby tears.

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
dont get a CPU replacement in friend online brawls
Wario the only one with alternate costumes
3rd partiers were cool (I wanted sonic) but i heard theres four now
the japanese SSBB commercial with the eggs(i didnt get it at all)

Puffin

Smash Apprentice
Intentionally broken online system to protect the kiddies, who were never in any danger from the cut features. SHOW US NAMES!!! Also, Lyn.

And if Jiggs were cut I would kill.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
If Olimar and K. Rool are not playable.

of course, Olimar theres almost no chance he WONT be playable, but K. Rool, Im not so sure..., but well see.

DiscoShark

Smash Apprentice
If King K. Rool gets in brawl, I'm sorry but he's just so UGLY. He's not even badass or semi-cuddly like Bowser or DeDeDe he's just a fat alligator with pink eye! D: Let donkey kong represent both the hero and the villain of the DK franchise (he has princess stealing tendencies too...)

Oh and if Olimar doesn't make it as PC I'll be quite upset.

Viscano

Smash Apprentice
If King K. Rool gets in brawl, I'm sorry but he's just so UGLY. He's not even badass or semi-cuddly like Bowser or DeDeDe he's just a fat alligator with pink eye! D: Let donkey kong represent both the hero and the villain of the DK franchise (he has princess stealing tendencies too...)

Oh and if Olimar doesn't make it as PC I'll be quite upset.
Two words that would describe why K Rool would own: Comic Relief.

Pye

Smash Journeyman
Montreal. PM me if you're on the island! I need op
The lack of Wifi-related options, seriously, is starting to bug me.

I was really hoping the "With Anyone" games' options could be changed, as in remove items if I wanted, play stock matches, control the number of players in them. I don't want to play mindless FFAs when I go online, that isn't fun. It's very, very disapointing to me that online play will be entirely 2 minute FFAs in which I can communicate with nobody.

Speaking of which, I was also hoping you could meet people online and get friends codes or something. SOME form of communication! Seriously, I don't understand what Sakurai was thinking when he decided that NO interaction at all between players online was a good thing. I would rather put up with whiny 8 year old Halo online-style idiots over voice chat than not be able to talk to anyone, ever. In my opinion, being able to meet that one nice person every once in a while is worth putting up with the hundreds of idiots you'll meet in between.

To me, it looks like Sakurai is putting too much effort into the single player of this game. Single player is great, don't get me wrong, but...there's no replay value in a single player game. Didn't he notice at all how popular Melee was, despite the questionable single player? That's not what made the first two games good!

Please make the online worth using. It has so much potential!

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
What would dissipoint you about brawl the most, or already did.

Pity Final smash?-Can it alone be turned off? Don't care... it's an item
2 min Wifi matches with anyone? If that's true, then Nintendo can suck my ****
Random trippining (If its randon)? Same as above
Unfair characters(too good XD)? I lived with Fox, no problem
Your character you like the most being horrible? If Peach is horrible, then I'll play as one of the other 39 characters
Not being able to record videos? That's what a camera is for...
No online game updates (stage additions,character balancing) Wouldn't be that big of a deal
No online ranking system? G-H-E-Y That's the one!
No names on wifi with anyone? Super stupid.
Not as much characters that you dreamed of? Nah...
Not as much level as you wanted? Stage Creator FTW!
If Lag online is unbearable? Doubt it, but would suck
Your most wanted character not being in game? Meh...

*Some levels in the game cant be playable on wifi?
Answers are in blue. But yeah, if online blows...

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Hah, I suppose I'll take your word for that. To be fair I was never a huge fan of the Donkey Kong franchise, more of a Kirby myself :laugh:
Fair enough.

Though I dont know, if you played the first two DKC games ( I dont know if the third one was as fantastic as the first two (maybe it was the lack of Diddy.) ) you might like them quite alot. Or DK64, which even non DK fans admit was a good game (if they played it)

But, I can respect a Kirby fan. A kirby fan is someone who knows a good game, and you support Olimar, so I can let your lack support for K. Rool slide :)

But one thing I'll point out, is that Bowser is even more of a cmic relief villain than K. Rool, really.

In Paper Mario, Bowser always filled the humor spots, throughout the entire game really.

K. Rool however, really only showed a humorous nature in DK64, whenever he ordered around his guards. But one other thing in that game, K. Rool was shown dealing with paranoia, which was not that funny, but I digress.

Viscano

Smash Apprentice
Fair enough.

Though I dont know, if you played the first two DKC games ( I dont know if the third one was as fantastic as the first two (maybe it was the lack of Diddy.) ) you might like them quite alot. Or DK64, which even non DK fans admit was a good game (if they played it)

But, I can respect a Kirby fan. A kirby fan is someone who knows a good game, and you support Olimar, so I can let your lack support for K. Rool slide :)

But one thing I'll point out, is that Bowser is even more of a cmic relief villain than K. Rool, really.

In Paper Mario, Bowser always filled the humor spots, throughout the entire game really.

K. Rool however, really only showed a humorous nature in DK64, whenever he ordered around his guards. But one other thing in that game, K. Rool was shown dealing with paranoia, which was not that funny, but I digress.
Well that would explain it; DK64 was the only DK game I played.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
not being more then 40 characters and ridley and k rool not being playable

Penguyen

Smash Journeyman
Less than 45 characters and short online matches (though i don't think it will be a probem).

D

Deleted member

The fact that we're getting so many Melee levels back with no mention of N64 levels is disappointing me.

Gundo

Smash Apprentice
Snake being in Brawl is my only disappointment so far.

I love Isaac, and really hope he's in Brawl, but I highly doubt it. So theres no disappointment from that either way.

Clones being in Brawl would be a disappointment

A Inbalanced Character scheme like Melee had, would also disappoint me.

but out of all disappointment this game can have, It'll still be the best game in my lifetime, and i'm 19 :laugh:

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
1. Knuckles not playable (I know he won't be, but he's my favorite video game character so I gotta hope =\)

2. Characters that people think are "clones" that aren't are possibly getting different moves or in some cases, removed from the game, Luigi and Falco come to mind. (Say what you want, based on who they are and their relationships with the person they are "cloned" from they should fight somewhat the same as Mario and Fox.)

3. Another delay!!!! (If they got us the demo on the new Wii Channel it wouldn't be so bad though.)

4. SSE ending up sucking or being really short, this is what I look forward the most in Brawl.

5. Not including as many characters as possible, besides the mentions in #2 I'm thinking about Mewtwo, G&W, Falcon, Ness, Marth, Ganondorf (has he even been confirmed yet?) in terms of veterans, I expect to see more newcomers too.

---

In terms of things that already disappoint me, I really wanted Waluigi as a PC, but I can see why he wasn't deserving yet, so I'm not that upset.

jupiter

Smash Apprentice
no megaman
no geno/mallow
no tagnames during wifi
no customized wifi matches (adjustable items, stages, time limit, stocks)
no voice chat
no small jump button

::FalcoFTW::

Smash Apprentice
IF Geno doesn't get in :(
High likelyhood of online lag
The new L-cancel
The floatiness
The fact that Ike sucks
The likelyhood of Dedede's and Pit's final smashes sucking
ZSS probably will only be useable after a final smash
Automatic sweetspotting on the way up
Auto-tether recovery
If Falco gets kicked

Other than that, the game will be awesome :)

NukeA6

Smash Master
Pichu confirmed as playable.

Seriously, that piece of **** belongs in the junk pile.

Top Bottom