• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

what would be a good flying type pokemon for....

Amaggad

Smash Apprentice
getting around places and battling, i got dragonite atm its lvl 60 and kinda sucks since rest of team lvl 100 and they cant learn fly.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
..Or just have someone in a PC. >_>
Fly is not a preferable attack in competitive battles anyways. You don't really need to teach it to your main team..that is what I do.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Fly is perfectly viable in competitive play.

It's just not very popular because lots of the OU fliers have better things to do.

shadydentist

Smash Lord
Eh, 2 turn moves like fly/dive/dig are only ever really useful for stalling. It gives your opponent basically a free turn to switch into something that resists it. Aerodactly would make a great pressure staller if it weren't ohko'd by like... everything.

titus

Smash Journeyman
Well the obvious answer here is slowking. However if you want an HM beotch ... ehem Slave*, then just find out which pokemon can learn fly, and three other HMs and choose that one.

Gringleman

Smash Rookie
Well the obvious answer here is slowking. However if you want an HM beotch ... ehem Slave*, then just find out which pokemon can learn fly, and three other HMs and choose that one.
Tropius is a good choice for an HM slave with fly. Just switch it out for one of your party pokemon when you're doing something serious.

game & kirby

Smash Apprentice
if you're worried about dig being bad because it lets your opponent switch out, how about a dugtrio with arena trap? XD

9Kplus1

Smash Master
1. Togekiss/Skarmory
2.Gyarados/Aerodactyl
3.Zapdos/Staraptor
4.Salemence/Honchcrow
5.Dragonite

Best flying pokes, thus far.

Edit: Woah, CY, you still have that thread? I think that was made a little after I joined, 0_0

game & kirby

Smash Apprentice
If you don't want to go with staraptor, I would say choose drifblim. Pretty easy to get, has nice immunities (Ground and Fighting) massive hit points, and some pretty good moves (fly, obviously, but also shadow ball, ominous wind, DT, WOW) He can actually save you in some battles, and it's pretty fly to travel by balloon.

Top Bottom