• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What will you do with Melee when Brawl releases?

shizzlee

Smash Apprentice
So, what I am trying to ask is what will you do with your copy of Melee when you get a copy of Brawl? Will you leave it there to never be played? Will you pawn it or sell it? Will you even look at Melee? You basically understand what I am asking.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i will almost never play it, only rarely for good times sake. i will probably put it onto a shelf in a shrine like way to go along with the other best games of all time like Mario 64 or FFVII

Metalknux

Smash Ace
I'll play it at least one more time. I'm going on a field trip to Disney World March 18th, and neither I nor any of my friends want to bring their Wiis, so I'll just bring a Gamecube and we'll play Melee.

iMichael

Smash Lord
I'm going to keep playing Melee from time to time. Melee is one of the best games ever made dude. Then like in June..when I'm completely done with it. I'll put it on my shelf or something as one of the most epic games created.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
obviously i'll keep it, and if brawl is unsuccessful in competitive play, then i'll switch back to melee with the rest of the community.

orintemple

Smash Lord
I will keep Melee. I don't sell games like that. It will be on my shelf and when I'm feeling nostalgic I will play it, like I do with Smash 64 now. Also what MenacingMike said.

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
I'll still play, but not NEARLY as much as I do now, which is starting to lower anyway with the anticipation of Brawl's release. Once every couple weeks, maybe? What MenacingMike said as well.

goateeguy

Smash Ace
you gotta think for a second about the competitive possibilities in brawl. from what i've seen, they tried to get rid of some of the glitches that made melee great, and if the game flops it's BRAWL i'll never be playing again. you gotta remember, it has a lot to live up to

ThreeX

Smash Lord
obviously i'll keep it, and if brawl is unsuccessful in competitive play, then i'll switch back to melee with the rest of the community.
yea dude, same thing here.. even though so many people have said this.. but i've played so many fighters, and just eventually given them up... like any Soul calibur game, MvC2.. they're fun for like a week then get boring, smash is one of the most unique fighters, and not only is smash itself just a good game, melee is BEAUTIFUL XD

Yea, i know alot of people have said thing's like... how brawl is gonna good, blah blah blah, or to the people who said that brawl is gonna be bad, they said how "BLEHBLEHBLHEL DON'T GO SAYING BRAWL IS BAD WHEN YOU HAVN'T EVEN PLAYED IT" okay.. yeah i know, i don't like judging a game when i havn't played it yet, but FROM WHAT WE'VE SEEN SO FAR it really doesn't look that good. :\ of course, just my opinion.. and i'm not gonan go all in-debpt about it, because so many others have.. so it's just the same repetitive things over and over again @_@

Nonetheless, I'll most likely play brawl anyways, and of course still play melee when my friend's will, it kinda bothers me how lot's of people are saying that they'll just throw melee to the side and never play it again, idk... only 50 days left for brawl, let's hope nintendo does a good job? ^^;

oh yeah btw Snake-Kirby for god tier <3

SmashWolf

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EchoSon
3DS FC
3738-0429-7658
No. I probably won't play Melee every again. Perhaps only once or twice in a year.

Brawl has everything Melee has, and more. If I'll play Melee when I have Brawl, I'll keep getting frustated about its few features compared to Brawl.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
I'd keep it, but I'd probably end up playing Brawl for quite some time before I even give a thought to playing Melee.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
I'll probably play it every once in awhile for fun, but not too often. I'll actually probably play it more once Brawl's been out for a couple years than when Brawl first comes out.

I can't believe some people think they'll never play it again. I don't understand why.

Blakethefox

Smash Rookie
I still play SSB on N64 sometimes, when i'm nostalgic, probably the same will happen with Melee.
Anyway I don't have a Wii yet so when Brawl releases I'll sill play melee XD

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
No offence, but thats a pretty silly reason. =/. I mean, wavedashing is great and all but you gotta move on. Brawl doesn't have it, no big deal.

Personally i won't be playing Melee too much. Even now, i've been playing ssb64 more often than Melee. Don't get me wrong, i love Melee, but Brawl is looking like its leaning towards being a pumped up "remake" of the original and thats something that i'll really like.

Either way, I'd hang melee on my wall or something.

KrystalRules

Smash Lord
im gonna keep it for when the SSB games are the most popular games in history! then it will be a collectors item!

KrystalRules

Smash Lord
well depends on if Sakurai keeps makin them i guess. of course he said he was done after melee now he is saying that this is the last SSB game.

Veysey

Smash Cadet
If Brawl obsoletes Melee and I don't play it anymore - I will buy the game a nice tin. Will keep it in the tin for the remainder of time. This game deserves such a tribute.

SlashMolder

Smash Apprentice
There is no way that I'd sell melee. If brawl isn't that good I'll let brawl just sit there and play melee if not, I'll play mostly brawl but still some melee because it is still a great game after the 7 years it has been out..

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
1) Janitor, the sprite on the right of your sig is not Ganondorf. It's Zero from King of Fighters or some other fighting series.

2) I'll probably play Brawl CONSTANTLY, and maybe play Melee sometimes if there are still tourneys.

Malificent

Smash Apprentice
I will probably do the same thing I did with Super Smash Brothers 64. Keep it and after a couple weeks maybe even months after hardcore playing Brawl, play melee for a little bit and laugh.

Top Bottom