• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What we know about Peach and Daisy so far

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
This thread will compile what we know so far about Peach and Daisy. The thread will focus on differences that are relevant for competitive Smash. Since the November Direct, Nintendo has announced a series of event, at which the full game will be playable, including Peach and Daisy! While formerly players were only able to speculate based on limited amount of gameplay from trailers, during this month many will be granted the opportunity to experience Peach's and Daisy's gameplay first-hand and report the changes they have observed. Keep your eyes and ears open if you want to follow Peach's and Daisy's state in Smash Ultimate.

If you noticed a gameplay specific detail or change of Peach and Daisy, please share them in this thread. Please also cite the source of your information. The thread will mostly seek to compile changes that are confirmed or (at least are very close to being confirmed).

Note: Peach and Daisy will be referred to as Paisy if both of them are meant.

Normals

Paisy have a new Dtilt, where she does a low kick instead of a low arm sweep, which seems be a bit faster than her new Dtilt. From counting frames, the tilt suggests to hit on about frame 8 or 9 (compared to frame 13 in Smash4). According to Umeki, Dtilt has less range, but it's faster, has less lag and can combo easily. Frame data seems to support this.

Paisy Utilt appears to be stronger and has less lag! At low percent, Utilt combos into another Utilt. Dthrow > Ftilt >Utilt could be true as well.

Both Umeki and Hikotsu have stated that the hits of Dash Attack now connect properly. As it struggled to kill Rosalina even at percents as high as 135, the knockback might be a bit weaker. It is still one of her more reliable kill moves however.

Smashes

According to Hikotsu, who has played the demo, Paisy can now angle their Fsmashes! Angle up for pan, angle sideways for golf club, angle down for racket. It seems to be a bit difficult to execute properly.

Paisy's Dsmash now has about 8 hits. The start-up and end lag seem to be largely unchanged, but it does seem to kill slightly earlier.

Daisy's Usmash has a flower animation above her hands.

Specials

Toad has a different animation for Paisy, although the move seems to function similarly to the Smash4 version. On activation it still has difficulties connecting properly on an airborne character. Gimping recoveries appears to be very hard because of Toad's stall being removed. Umeki has stated he feels that her Toad has faster start-up, but this cannot be confirmed as no frame data has been recorded.

Paisy Bomber is now faster in the air. The start-up of aerial Daisy Bomber is close to or identical to the grounded start-up. Hikotsu reported that Paisy Bomber killed at 120 from the ledge, which is a buff from Smash4 Peach Bomber (which killed at about 160 at the ledge). This might suggest a knockback buff. Umeki has also noticed that the angle has become a bit higher. On top of that, aerial Paisy Bomber allegedly has decreased lag in the air and they can control their drift much earlier during lag, which is a noticeable buff to their recovery.

Hikotsu has reported that Paisy's Parasol killed at about 70%, which might suggest a knockback buff. Paisy's UpB has significantly reduced end lag as well, as shown in matches during the September Direct or Daisy's match vs Isabelle after the November Direct during the Treehouse session. On top of that, Paisy's Umbrella doesn't have much knockback when it's open anymore.

Paisy's DownB has less end lag and is estimated to be around 36 frames (which is 4 frame buff from Smash4 Peach). Their turnips bounce off the ground, including when thrown down or up. When boucing on the ground, they do not seem to have a hitbox. Turnip damage has been noticeably buffed, doing 13% even when thrown from afar.

Aerials

All aerials have signicantly reduced end lag. From counting the frames in Daisy's matches in the Threehouse and at the Spain invitational, the landing lag of their aerials seem to be:

Nair: 6 frames
Fair: 13 frames
Bair: 11 frames
Uair: 8 frames (?)
Dair: 8 frames

Daisy Bair now has a special animation: a flower will appear near her butt when doing Bair.

Paisy Dair now is more difficult to follow-up after because of increased knockback, but it can still connect to Fair. The range could possible be smaller, but this has not been confirmed.

Fair seems to be slightly weaker killing at later percents (not coming close killing Zelda at 115 from the middle of Yoshi's Island. While slightly nerfed in knockback, her Fair remains a powerful killing move.

Throws

Paisy now have different throw animations using Toad, but the throws seem to be largely unchanged in terms of function.

Others

Paisy's Final Smash has been revealed to be the same as in Smash4.

Paisy's airdodge now has a different animation.

Differences

Peach and Daisy have different animations, with Daisy having flower animations when doing moves such as Daisy Bomber, Bair or Usmash, whereas Peach has heart animations. Both of them have different run animation, taunts, intros and victory screens (presumably) as well.

No gameplay differences have been found. According to the Spanish players, they seem to be very similar. They have tested and confirmed that float time, float speed, run speed and falling speed are the same. Umeki has played as both Peach and Daisy, but he has found no differences. While there could be some differences, differences between Peach and Daisy seem to be VERY subtle, much like Pit and Dark Pit in Smash4.

LATEST EDITS: Fair, Dash Attack

Last edited:

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Did Peach's Dthrow animation get changed from Smash Bros Wii U?
Very likely, considering Daisy also uses Toad and Peach's throw animations have been confirmed to be different for the most part, but I dont think we have seen Dthrow yet.

Hikotsu did say that Dthrow combos until about 80 though, which is pretty good considering almost all combo throws have been nerfed hard. Peach's fortunately stays intact.

Philch

Smash Rookie
I also noticed that when Peachs umbrella is open she flies faster down

Ice-N-Space

Smash Apprentice
Very likely, considering Daisy also uses Toad and Peach's throw animations have been confirmed to be different for the most part, but I dont think we have seen Dthrow yet.

Hikotsu did say that Dthrow combos until about 80 though, which is pretty good considering almost all combo throws have been nerfed hard. Peach's fortunately stays intact.
That's disappointing and I'm not much of a combo guy.

NeonNote

Smash Apprentice
I'm interested in hearing more about the d-air stuff =[. It was already rather difficult in 4 to follow up with it since they have given it sooo much more knockback since melee.

DaisyandRosalina

Smash Apprentice
About the Baerial, is this detail exclusive to Daisy? If yes, could this mean her hitbox was expanded?

Last edited:

Luxent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luxent
Switch FC
I'm interested in hearing more about the d-air stuff =[. It was already rather difficult in 4 to follow up with it since they have given it sooo much more knockback since melee.
Her DAIR also looks less disjointed. The white lines that indicate her foot kicks look a lot smaller :<

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Some of you might be disappointed by this, but Hikotsu and his partner have looked for differences between Peach and Daisy and the results are... well, none so far.

Contrary to popular belief, Daisy is NOT a faster Peach. Her run speed is just the same, their frame data seems to be the same as well.

I'm going to ask you guys to not expect significant differences between Peach and Daisy. While there could be some differences, rom what I've been hearing, differences between Peach and Daisy seem to be VERY subtle, much like Pit and Dark Pit in Smash4.

Last edited:

DaisyandRosalina

Smash Apprentice
A lot of differences are impossible to tell because no one seems to play with Peach vs Daisy that often, I hope we will see an acutal Peach vs Daisy round soon.

Last edited:

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Umeki, the Japanese Daisy, has played the game (both Peach and Daisy) and has reported some changes. I have updated the opening post with his observations. The changes include:

- Slower air mobility for both characters...
- Decreased aerial lag, which makes SideB better for recovery
- Toad might have faster start-up. It's bad for gimping recoveries now because it doesnt connect well.
- Dash Attack connects properly.
- Dtilt is great combo tool but has decreased range
- Bair low landing lag, is somewhat spammable

The Japanese players have found no gameplay differences between Peach and Daisy so far.

Last edited:

DaisyandRosalina

Smash Apprentice
I think it's safe to say Peach and Daisy have different bomber and parasol since we have seen them in multiple directs, Daisy's bomber is faster in both land and air while Peach's parasol is always open now. Shouldn't we add them?

Last edited:

Davidavid7

Smash Rookie
I hope not. It would be a great trade off because of her smaller forward air.

Besides I think it’s funny and cool how her butt produces so much flowers.
Magic is Peach's thing though. It could still be a smaller hitbox than Daisy's.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
I think it's safe to say Peach and Daisy have different bomber and parasol since we have seen them in multiple directs, Daisy's bomber is faster in both land and air while Peach's parasol is always open now. Shouldn't we add them?
According to the players who have played the demo, their specials aren't different. Unfortunately we havent seen much Peach footage yet, but Umeki has played both Peach and Daisy. He didnt notice a difference, including in their specials.

I'm not excluding the possibility though, but we need more info. We dont know for sure whether Daisy Bomber is faster than Peach Bomber (and I'm quite sure Peach's parasol can be closed).

Also, no one has noted any difference in their hitbox sizes, including in Fair.

DaisyandRosalina

Smash Apprentice
(Speculation)
One guy said Daisy is a lot faster compared to Peach, I asked for clarifications and he replied with this:
IMG_20181105_012649.jpg

Mandikiri

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mandikiri
(Speculation)
One guy said Daisy is a lot faster compared to Peach, I asked for clarifications and he replied with this:
View attachment 175736
What footage? Because as far as we know, there isn't any for Peach. Aside from the ones on the direct, which are hard to based on.

People that have played on Japan and Spain said they both are carbon copies of each other. Well we'll have to wait until we actually see gameplay of Peach.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
Thanks for making this thread, Meru!

Is her Fair 12 frames? When I checked, it was 13. I might have counted an extra frame somewhere, though.

Also: I need to try and find footage of Paisy floating through a grounded opponent. Because I'm pretty sure she can, and on paper, being able to pass through grounded opponents like that when the rest of the entire cast can't... On paper, that sounds crazy good.

Last edited:

NeonNote

Smash Apprentice
Sucks there is literally no footage of peach whatsoever. Daisy looking pretty good so far though.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Thanks for making this thread, Meru!

Is her Fair 12 frames? When I checked, it was 13. I might have counted an extra frame somewhere, though.

Also: I need to try and find footage of Paisy floating through a grounded opponent. Because I'm pretty sure she can, and on paper, being able to pass through grounded opponents like that when the rest of the entire cast can't... On paper, that sounds crazy good.
I'm pretty sure on Fair! Ive counted it multiple times because it seemed too good to be true :') That said I could be off by a frame (especially Uair Im not sure, it hasnt been used often).

DrROBschiz

Smash Apprentice
Man

Its looking like my main is fully remixed once again. Not sure if this constitutes a net nerf or buff to the overall gameplay of my character but its clear that Im going to have to make some significant adjustments on top of the core mechanical changes

I just hope she remains competitive. I really dislike the nerfs to Aerial mobility and Fair to name a few

UGH at the Dtilt Change. Jab looks changed

EDIT: After watching the daisy Videos she doesn't look too bad at all actually. Hmmmm

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Some of you might be disappointed by this, but Hikotsu and his partner have looked for differences between Peach and Daisy and the results are... well, none so far.

Contrary to popular belief, Daisy is NOT a faster Peach. Her run speed is just the same, their frame data seems to be the same as well.

I'm going to ask you guys to not expect significant differences between Peach and Daisy. While there could be some differences, rom what I've been hearing, differences between Peach and Daisy seem to be VERY subtle, much like Pit and Dark Pit in Smash4.

That's great to hear! I wanted to know if peach was the same or not. This means I can use Peach too!! :)

Tho yes it's a tad disappointing that they dont have variances besides the speed that's known of (at least so far)

Last edited:

DrROBschiz

Smash Apprentice
After watching the daisy vid doesnt her FAIR look weird?

Makes Daisy's arms look cartoonishly long. Maybe its just me lol

https://youtu.be/YNXcAm1gWM8

So in this vid at 2:05 Is anyone else concerned that a full charged Fsmash on someone over 100% doesnt guarantee a kill? I know the box on this level is massive but still

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend

If it's like peach, she uses her crown in the hit. It didn't look weird to me, but maybe if you picture a crown in her hand it'll look alright..?

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801

https://youtu.be/YNXcAm1gWM8

So in this vid at 2:05 Is anyone else concerned that a full charged Fsmash on someone over 100% doesnt guarantee a kill? I know the box on this level is massive but still
Club has always been the weakest. I doubt that would have killed in Smash4 either, especially on a big stage like that.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Club has always been the weakest. I doubt that would have killed in Smash4 either, especially on a big stage like that.
Yeah if anything, it should be easier to kill with f-smash now, I heard that depending on the tilt you give it you can choose which item she hits with :)
(I hope it's true)

Also, DrROBschiz DrROBschiz here's a pic of peach when she used her fair, so you can see the crown:

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Finally some Peach gameplay. Not sure if her aerial side B is as fast as Daisy's but it's for sure faster than the one in 4.
We can't really make out much from that video, the characters were under a buff that made them faster (the star on them).
Daisy has a flower effect on her bair too. It does seem to maybe extend the hitbox a little, but i dont know by how much.

Last edited:

ffdgh

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4768-8177-0708
We can't really make out much from that video, the characters were under a buff that made them faster (the star on them).
Daisy has a flower effect on her bair too. It does seem to maybe extend the hitbox a little, but i dont know by how much.
The bonuses weren't in effect when Peach used Peach Bomber to reach the ledge at 25 seconds.

Teeb147

Smash Legend

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Yeah, it looks like Peach and Daisy are entirely alike. At this point I'm fine with it; at least with Daisy's inclusion we get to play as whichever princess we prefer!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Yeah, it looks like Peach and Daisy are entirely alike. At this point I'm fine with it; at least with Daisy's inclusion we get to play as whichever princess we prefer!
I'm ok if peach is as fast, I'd enjoy using her too, but I feel like there has to be some little differences that people havent noticed yet. They wouldnt make them totally the same. I just wonder what it is.

Top Bottom