• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What was your favorite character reveal trailer?

Megane-for-Life

Smash Cadet
NNID
megane-for-life
3DS FC
0533-5491-3147
I doubt we have any left maybe during those release streams but unlikely. Mine has to be The mii trailer! Starting with Reggi and Iwata Fighting DBZ style then taking it to the wii u with miis. It was really funny and I really enjoyed it. Also the mii's seem to be a really fun and interesting addition to the game. What was yours?

TearsforFears

Smash Cadet
NNID
TearsForFears
3DS FC
5472-6632-5877
By book, blade, and crest of flame. I woke up at 8 to watch it. I was expecting Shulk and it ended up revealing my future main!! Awakening is one of my favorite games so that trailer hyped me like no other trailer could.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
It would have been Robin's, if :4robinf: had been featured instead of :4robinm:, but since that didn't happen... Little Mac and Mega Man's trailers are my faves.

DougX

Smash Champion
My Super Secret Underwater Volcano Lair in Space
NNID
Luigirasendori
3DS FC
0877-2652-6033
I like the Robin/Lucina one because Captain Falcon's reconfirmation was just great in every single way... I cri evrytiem 4 Chrom though. I also like the Mii one because... Like you said. Reggie vs. Iwata DBZ Style. Probably one of the most epic things in the history of Nintendo.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Tough choice.

Mac's was blood pumping, Robin's felt bizarre (Captain Falcon in that gorgeous 3D engine instead of Ganondorf? Ganon LOOKS like he belongs in Fire Emblem at least. The lack of emotions on Robin's and Lucina's faces and the empty feeling in the trailer.) and Rosalina's made me think of a Kirby Air Ride cross MK 8 game promotion.

It would have to go to Megaman's simply because it made me jump on my bed in excitement. That and when the Wily Castle 2 kicked in and we got to see the robotic intricacies of Rock, just so damn satisfying!

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Either Little Mac's trailer (just because he was one of my most wanted newcomers) or the Robin/Lucina trailer (for introducing two new characters, confirming Captain Falcon, and for being amazing).

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
Palutena.

End of the Digital Event. We got Mii Fighters. Reggie's talking about Treehouse Live, but says "We'd like to end with one last teaser, please take a look".
Cue Smash symbol. Hype is enduced.
Cue Palutena. My hype meter bursts with more hype than the hypiest of the hype could even hype.
Smash Anime. F**********k this is awesome.
Palutena shows off her moves, and they're all amazing.
"Smash has many worthy foes", giving a run-down of all the announced characters. Glory.
Ends.

AAAAAHHHHHHHHH

Smallgenie549

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smallgenie549
Robin's. Just the circumstances around the trailer. Everyone thought it was going to be Shulk, then we see Arena Ferox and everyone thinks it's going to be Chrom, then we see Lucina, and everyone realizes it's Lucina. Then Falcon shows up, and you know, that's good and all, but then we get another newcomer. The way he came floating down, along with the music and narration and pure fan-service...I still get chills watching it. Robin proved to the world that there's more to Fire Emblem than blue haired swordsmen, and it was AWESOME.

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
Robin's. I think that was the only time in my life where I completely lost my composure and screamed like a girl on crack.

...Or something to that effect.:lol:

HdTyvek

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4270-1655-5444
Palutena/Lucina and Robin/Shulk, I was very excited to see these characters join smash and gotta give props to the trailers. Watched them all at least a dozen times, did a great job bringing the hype!

Aus0115

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aus0116
I liked all of them lol, I thought they were a cool way to introduce the newcomer's.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Robin's, Palutena's and Shulk's. Shulk's was the best surprise though cause he was literally on the site when I woke up that morning and I woke mom up despite me trying to squeal in the quietest way possible. orz

It was worth it though.

D

Deleted member

Hard to say. I'd say Shulk because the hype from his was fresh in my mind, but I'm not really sure if that one is my favorite overall.

ShyGuy16

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Juliansg16
3DS FC
0516-7704-2697
The old E3 Villager/Megaman video. When I saw the Villager get his Smash letter, I was so excited. THEN Megaman shows up. That first big trailer showed off just how awesome this game is gonna be. Every trailer after that was just gravy on the delicious Smash Brotatoes.

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
Robin/Lucina no doubt.

I don't care about either of them, but I got my Falcon back. Loved the way they confirmed him.

Mega Man's was great too, though. I knew he was in before I watched it, though, so that killed the hype just a tiny bit. I really wish I'd seen it before I knew. Then my hype would have far outmatched my hype for the Falcon confirmation.

Poxnixles

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vitiel
3DS FC
3823-8576-9592
literally screamed several times about the robin trailer

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Megaman's is definitely my fav, if only because of the music.
Miis are second, because who didn't smile at Nintendo's bigwigs duking it out?
Palutena's third because Kid Icarus.

Mac's... Well, it was good until they showed us he's a generic rushdown character.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Shulk's, Robin/Lucina's then Mega Man's. Little Mac gets special recognition. :)

JD3

Smash Cadet
NNID
JD_Three
I may be biased, but I would have to say the Robin/Lucina trailer. It introduced two of my most wanted newcomers, and a Fire Emblem character that didn't only use swords. Oh, and :4falcon: sealed the deal.

AgentHX

Smash Cadet
NNID
HotShotHunter
My favorite trailer was Greninja's by far. I thought the Pokémon segment was just to reintroduce Charizard, but I was completely surprised to see my favorite XY starter join the fight. I never thought a Pokémon so recent and relatively unknown would have a shot in Smash Bros, and I couldn't believe it for weeks after. Heck, I still can't quite believe it. Greninja's the character I never knew I wanted, and he's still easily my favorite newcomer.

Amherst

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wavedash
3DS FC
3239-2573-2753
Little Mac's by far, despite wanting Mega Man more. It's hard to top a straight up training montage.

FalconSoup

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShadowMetal
3DS FC
4511-0759-5924
Switch FC
SW 7216 6722 4029
Mine was probably Little Mac's. I think I collapsed from the excitement. :chuckle:

Donkey_Inferno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Donkey_Inferno
3DS FC
4768-7553-7018
I think Little Macs trailer was the best so far. I loved the Lucina, Robin, and C. Falcon trailer too.

Last edited:

marvel b

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2423-3428-7359
megaman's trailer. the moment i saw the helmet appear, the pain of all those canceled games and the monstrosity of SFxT's excuse of megaman was lifted,and replace with joy! needless to say i cried five seconds later! megaman was my first game,and now he's in my favorite game!

gamer8

Smash Lord
Well Greninja's was the most hype to me because like others I thought it was Mewtwo and I was going berserk, it was still neat to see him though even though I haven't played Gen VI yet. It was just so hype seeing the logo and Charizard showing up and thinking "This is it, it's a Pokemon trailer. Mewtwo is going to be revealed." and falling for the silhouette like that. Plus the Smash direct back in April was so incredibly hype I could barely handle it already. Yeah it was a good day.

Also Captain Falcon made the Robin/Lucina trailer a lot better for me. They looked cool as well of course but I've never played Fire Emblem so I didn't even know who they were before this lol

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I gotta say, despite wanting Shulk the most, Robin's trailer was by far the hypest I've been. It blew my expectations out of the water for everything. So good.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
So difficult to choose because Nintendo did such an excellent job putting them together but I think mine would go to Palutena's.

Kid Icarus: Uprising is my favorite game Nintendo has released since Brawl or Pikmin 2 and hearing her and Pit hold conversation together brought back some serious nostalgic memories of my first play through of the game. Especially when she introduces herself as a character, "I'm here for a little.. uh, divine intervention!". Then the section where she lists all of her moves and they show other charcters in Smash 4, "Many worthy foes have gathered here.. and I won't hold back on anyone.." The music from Kid Icarus sounds so perfect when brought forth at a particular section there.

It wasn't as "out of nowhere" or left field as say Megaman's, Greninja's or Robin's but Palutena's character was captured so well and I wanted her in from the start. Her demeanor is exactly how I envisioned her in Smash. I remember my friends waking me out of bed and screaming that she was confirmed on the morning of E3, at first I thought they were trolling lol. Plus it created the WOOP WOOP! Palutena pullover vid, and we all know how much that's worth.

If I had to rank them, I'd do this order (can't leave any of them out, love them all so much):

1. Palutena
2. Little Mac
3. Robin + Lucina
4. Shulk
5. Megaman + Villager
6. Greninja + Charizard
7. Pac Man
8. Wii Fit Trainer
9. Rosalina
10. Miis

Last edited:

MangoTwist

Smash Apprentice
Based on trailer design alone, Greninja's.
Based on character I wanted the most, Shulk.

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
Rosalina. Mario Kart, Kirby on Rainbow Road, and well, Rosalina!! 3 of my favorite things :kirbymelee:

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
I liked them all, though I personally like Shulk's the least(I'm sorry, but his "I'm really feeling it" is terrible). I think my favorite though is Lucina/Robin's and Palutena's. I hoped that Palutena would be in, and she was! And I was praying and praying for Lucina, but Gematsu had me fooled that it would be Chrom. But then, she appeared! :4lucina:

Thegamerguy131

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thegamerguy131
3DS FC
0946-2559-8115
Do you think the Pac Man trailer would have been better if everyone got to see it live?
It would have been much better that way.
It would also have been better if we found out through the Nintendo Digital Event, rather than tweets and such. But that's just me.

gamer8

Smash Lord
It would have been much better that way.
It would also have been better if we found out through the Nintendo Digital Event, rather than tweets and such. But that's just me.
I agree. Pac Man's trailer was the one that really bugged me. I'm not really sure why they showed it behind closed doors, because then it made the trailer have less impact. Unless you weren't keeping up with the news at that time and saw the video on your feed on Youtube in the morning maybe.

Top Bottom