• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What type of Smasher are You?

$lash

Smash Apprentice
hmm, let me think about that...
I hate SSBB, cause of the badly lags and poorly conceived chars, ... (all common thinks, why Melee is better). i can play this only in Speed-Mode / Final destination / no Items with fun.
_________
Looks like a Competetive Gamer.

but sometimes i play multy-matches on random Stages with Items, and enjoy this, too.
But when i play this, it doesn't matter who win, cause its to random. (but only SSBM, too).
_________
Looks like a Casual Gamer.

So, i think, im 2 sorts of Player, on one site, im a Competetive Player, and on the other site, im a Casual Gamer (sometimes).
I hope, it understood, what I mean.

Xianglian

Smash Journeyman
i'd say that on the inside i am very competitive and i always play on the tournament level, yet because i suck so **** bad i can never get to far so i slink back down to casual, and play as such. My life kind of revolves around brawl and melee, even though i and way better at fps (first person shooter) games, and i am VERY competitive and i take those games much more seriously than brawl and melee. I just want to get good at these games and not such at tournaments (i'd rather not fit the female stereotype of girls sucking at games).

D.R.

Smash Apprentice
My profile on melee says i played over a thousand hours( i know i played way more, tournaments, friends houses). I consider myself pro yet never got top 3 in a tourny, the new york scene is no joke. I started playing again last week after not touching the sticks for 2years. and it was like i never stopped playing, not rusty at all. I miss the tourny scene though. Busy with work and boxing... Brawl really F*ked up my mood towards nintendo.

Skam

Smash Rookie
I like to think im a competitive/hardcore. If been playing smash sinced the release date of the original super smash bro's and im still playing. its easily one of the greatest game series of all time and im always looking to improve.

MykalOfDefiance

Smash Cadet
I'm a veteran n00b

I remember when the first one came out and I thought it looked awesome as ****, and I got it. I got every game after that. I always liked Link. I also always thought I was bad *** at the game cause I could pwn level 9's. Now that I'm actually noticing this whole underground SSB thing, I feel like it's my time to go somewhere with this. I wanna be big time, like the famous smashers. Also, after noticing that Link was like, the second lowest character in the tier list, I feel like it's my obligation to prove to the world that Link is really a kick *** character, and his low rating is all in the metagame. :D

Sh!ne

Smash Apprentice
i spam my ↓smash...
nah jp lol
im really competetive. i can lose 100 times in a row to someone and id still want to keep playing, unlike other ppl <.<
i play smart and try my best ALL the time. none if that "i wasnt playing forreal" or "todays not my day". with that said, i dont think ppl suck, i just think some ppl are better and thats exactly y i play: to get better and help others get better as well

psik0

Smash Cadet
im really competetive. i can lose 100 times in a row to someone and id still want to keep playing, unlike other ppl <.<
This. I consider myself as the Casual-Competitive smasher. I try my best to learn the characters, attack/technique usage, taking my game further one step at a time. This, with and without items, final destination or any other stage. I play with items mostly when i'm playing with friends, and its all about the mayhem (but not items on very high, thats too much <_<), while no items is used mostly on mini-tournaments that are regularly held at a friend's place, or when we like to practice 1 on 1.

BnC-Missingno.

Smash Rookie
Pro/Hardcore Smasher

I think that I'm a Pro Smasher because I'm excellent no matter what the situation is. :laugh:
As for Hardcore Smasher, as long as I'm playing with my friends, I don't care what the settings are.

Professor :3

Smash Journeyman
hmm, let me think about that...
I hate SSBB, cause of the badly lags and poorly conceived chars, ... (all common thinks, why Melee is better). i can play this only in Speed-Mode / Final destination / no Items with fun.
_________
Looks like a Competetive Gamer.

but sometimes i play multy-matches on random Stages with Items, and enjoy this, too.
But when i play this, it doesn't matter who win, cause its to random. (but only SSBM, too).
_________
Looks like a Casual Gamer.

So, i think, im 2 sorts of Player, on one site, im a Competetive Player, and on the other site, im a Casual Gamer (sometimes).
I hope, it understood, what I mean.
On the whole you are a ******.

B0x

Smash Apprentice
i like playing melee as a fighting game.
i hate brawl
i hate items

I'd say i'm a competitive smasher, but i dont throw my controller across the room when i lose.

MusicGamer

Smash Rookie
I'm not sure what I would consider myself...I'm tempted to say I'm a Casual-Competitive Smasher; I play the game for the fun of it (I swear, tossing a Smart Bomb at my brother when he least expects it is HILARIOUS in my opinion), but I'm trying my best to improve, because, to be frank, I am NOT one of the best (or even better) Smashers out there.
There's my two cents. :)

G.R. Lemon

Smash Rookie
I'm a hardcore, I will say that. Always liked the Smash series, likely always will. XP My preferred characters may change between games (I think in the days of the original, I always played Jigglypuff for no good reason, and I relied almost solely on a vegetable princess in Melee), but that doesn't mean I like the game itself any less.

I'd say I'm competitive, though with a slight 'casual' bent. I want to improve my overall general game (especially with my preferreds), and even though I've never won any multiplayer matches (I'm only able to use the online mode, and even that is immensely finicky for me!), I'm like the Sandbag. Notice that it always gets up even after being beat down? Yeah, that's me. I'll admit, I didn't think my first online match would be as uneven as it was. Still, soreness refers to my hand gripping my controller too hard, not my attitude after my (still) constant losing streak. Because of that aspect - that is, I'm losing constantly, but I'm still a glutton for punishment - I consider myself a bit 'casual.'

Long story short: About 60-70% competitive, but still has the voice in their head saying 'Let's play around for a little while!' characteristic of a casual.

PuRpLe_HaZe_009

Smash Rookie
Im a casual gamer and i play as wolf cause he is my main , I also play as the ice climbers, i play like every friday with .Marik on his wii for like 4 to 5 hours a day.

Ambu(ECNAL)

Smash Rookie
I'm agressive.
I use predictable moves to test my opponent's whereabouts to mindgame them.
Jumpgasm is strate'gy my friend. ;D

Meta_Ridley46

Smash Cadet
Hmm.....I think i'll consider myself as 'casual'. Although i'm really good at the game so i can also be considered a pro too.

Mr. Headley

Smash Rookie
I also agree.

I think I can sum up what I think about this when I thought (in exact quote), "Frankly, I agree with everything he just said".

Yea i also agree with what he said.. Competitive smashers have actuallyhave sucked the fun of the game.. and infact i live with someone who is a competitive smasher.. He goes to like tourny's and stuff like that.

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
I'm your typical angry smasher when it comes to losing a match. =)

Emotional gaming much? Sounds right?

Nagito Izanagi

Smash Rookie
I'm the Competitive Type of Smasher. I keep trying to get better with characters. My top main characters are Pit, Marth, and Lucario. They accel with combo attacks in which I'm good at.

For example: (Lucario) - Force Palm (grab), Force Palm (grab), Grab, Down Throw, Fair, Fair, Dair, Aura Sphere (full charge).

It doesn't work so well with (Human) Characters though unless you DI them the right way. It only works best with Cpus.

dniMretsaM

Smash Apprentice
I'm gonna say Competitive Hardcore Smasher. I am constantly trying to improve and it is one of my favorite games; that probably won't be changing any time soon.

Top Bottom