• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What type of Smasher are You?

t3akup

Smash Apprentice
Definitely competetitive (sp)
I'm competetitive with everything though.
It's just the people I hang around with. No items.
No smash ball. rarely ever a free-for-all match.
pretty intense. although it was meant to be a fun
party game, somehow we've managed to make it
into an intense, super gaming experience. But that's
just brawl. Melee on the other hand, I don't mind playing
with items on on Captin Falcone's stage (which I don't
remember the name of). *shrug* so I guess I'm a
competitive/casual smasher? yeah.

~cheers

Ninja Pirate

Smash Rookie
I like the idea of going around other better players, and showing them the most unusual things possible in the game in order to catch them off guard. And, I honestly enjoy making the game as frustrating as possible for the other players, but in a way that they'll probably laugh or find some piece of oddity in the game while playing against me. Because of this, my play style is little contradicting in this respect.
This is a lot like me. Although, I'm a casual-competitive, mostly competitive. I'll play Brawl under any rules: For example, I'll play as Lucario with a 200% handicap. XD Not the smartest strategy, but it's fun, and that's all that matters. Another poster's (I don't know who) argument that hardcore, pro type Brawlers still have fun and use items and all that junk really has meaning to me. I stereotyped them as being just pessimistic ultra-competitive jerks who only care about winning. 0x0

t3akup

Smash Apprentice
Another poster's (I don't know who) argument that hardcore, pro type Brawlers still have fun and use items and all that junk really has meaning to me. I stereotyped them as being just pessimistic ultra-competitive jerks who only care about winning. 0x0
>_O; ouch, that hurts. but unfortunately it's all too true.

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
Competitive. I already gave my story on why once before. But yeah.

It ain't No items, Fox only, FD.

It's No items, Falcon only, DL64. (j/k)

No items, 4 stock, 8 minutes, All characters, Neutrals and CPs including FD.

LAZN100

Smash Rookie
Competitive Smasher

Wavedashing, L-Cancelling, Teching, Chain Grabbing, Up Smashing, Edge Guarding, Edge Hogging, No Items, No Johns, KNEEING, etc. You name it.:p

Arikags

Smash Cadet
Competitive, definitely.
I fight hard and fast, and leave no room for pity.
However, if I play someone weaker, I generally stay casual.
:)

Lon

Smash Rookie
I'm a patient smasher. i like to wait for my enemy to make a stupid move then a capitalize off it. I'm also a real big fan of tech skill. So all the characters i use, i make sure i do technical stuff.

Mortal Kombat 666

Smash Rookie
hey man im a basher smasher man i got that boswer. i do a bash and smash with the b button and side direction move and you be out cold man! i lyke to hide in the shell for protect against damage. also like to do the fire breather flame mouth gun on the b button so watch out for that. but im a smash basher thats what kinda smasher i am

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
hey man im a basher smasher man i got that boswer. i do a bash and smash with the b button and side direction move and you be out cold man! i lyke to hide in the shell for protect against damage. also like to do the fire breather flame mouth gun on the b button so watch out for that. but im a smash basher thats what kinda smasher i am
.......okkaaaayyy cool. i guess.

Miszi

Smash Rookie
I'd be more of casual smasher then competetive one although i'm trying to get better everytime i play. I'm not sure if i would fall under the hardcore definition though, i have not played meele and i have brawl for 3 weeks so i dunno if saying i would stick with ssb series no matter what would be good thing to do :p

PMC66

Smash Journeyman
playing to be as epic as I can be a bit like the third way only not as silly =3

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
Personally, i forgot if i posted what kind of smasher i am or not. :p
Anyway, i'm casual and competitive. It's not that hard to be competitive in Arkansas. Cuz i am, and i haven't met a single smasher i haven't pwned except for this one guy @ my first tournament. (i was so close to winning) and that was before i actually found out about advanced techniques.
And i am hardcore. I have brawl, melee, and SSB64 with a working 64 :bigthumbu

pikapi02

Smash Rookie
My tactics range from random to crazy to thought out. I have some tactics already thought of for certain characters I use and opponents I battle. Unfortunately most players I can play with either fail or wine every time they lose. (I cant wait until I can get back online with Brawl.)

Dan Goodine

Smash Rookie
I usually try not to strategize because I try to play a character and let it become a second nature so that I don't really have to rely on much more then muscle memory.

Ol-Jeb

Smash Apprentice
An ol' shack out in Antarctica, the last frontier.
I really enjoyed the definitions here, they are clear and nail the point solid.

I'm definitely a cross between casual and competitive. I am constantly trying to better my game but I have no problems turning all items on and having a crazy 1v1v1v1 on HT or Coneria. It's honestly a lot of fun :D

Acceleration

Smash Rookie
I think I'm all-out. I like to use agility and speed to out-manoeuvre my opponents, but as soon as I get close, I can't resist an attack, no matter the circumtances. It' natural - I just HAVE to strike a blow if I'm close enough. And these attacks are the heavy ones, not small jabs then dashing away and repeating it. I think that's my main problem to be completely honest.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Kinda wish I could go to more tournies now. Having parents johns, and not mature enough johns, and no car johns.

Goin to Apex 10 in new jersey this summer. : D

I play melee. : D

PeachIsMyNumeroUno

Smash Cadet
I play for fun, win or lose :)

but I'm a laidback fighter, rules and stage aren't ALWAYS a problem, but it just depends. There are some stages I just HATE! lol

Top Bottom