• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What type of Smasher are You?

fanagal596

Smash Cadet
Beautifully written--I'll have to keep my eye out for more of your posts because it was so enjoyable to read

I would be casual/hardcore. I first played it as a wee little pup when my brother got it on the same N64 I later received as a hand-me-down. As a Pokemon fan i picked up pikachu immediately, and I haven't looked back since.

XZalla

Smash Journeyman
competitive/hardcore

Don't matter if it's 1v1 or ffa with items. If I lose, I wanna know why and how I lost. Correct my mistakes and try better next time. Ever since I found more people to play, the only thing I really wanted was to play competitive.

oh yea.. parasol item FTW also! ;>

IvysaurForTheWin

Smash Rookie
Casual-Pro-Hardcore Smasher

What is up with Competitive smashers?? My friend is like that...

Best item combo - Bunny Hood, Metal Box and holding a samus ball (i cant remember it, it makes you flip when yu jump)

Dream Chaser

Smash Journeyman
I'm hardcore-casual. I dont have much competition and I didnt even know that a community existed until recently. I believe that in a perfect world people would master the game the way it was was intended to be played (that is to say that I'd prefer if peopleidnt use glitches to gain an advantage). However, after such a period of time following the dojo updates and SMYN (where I decided to actually join), I actually dont mind. So Im actually halfway; casual, with the intention of being competitve in brawl.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I practice everyday to become a better smasher, against human players, competively. So, I guess I am competive now. I used to be just casual, last year, but then I met new friends who were really good, and now I started going to tournaments. I am good, but boy are these people great. I use Doctor Mario, and at times I also get frustrated, thinking if I should give up melee or smash all together, because I only started to play since last year. Although, I will still play, haha. I also sometimes wouldn't mind goofing off and putting items and going to whatever stage, for fun too haha.

Brainslug7

Smash Cadet
This is one of the beauties of this great game. There are soo many ways to play it. Although I go with the 1 vs. 1 no items 4 stock rules like most people. I think we should turn items on every once and a while because it is a game.

Chro

Smash Apprentice
The people saying casual/hardcore may have missed Competitive...?

That's what I consider myself. The reason I'm here is so that I can learn ATs (sort of lol) and combos and other stuff about getting good at the characters I want to play. Mostly because I want to beat the crap out of my friends :laugh:

G-man36

Smash Rookie
gotta say im competitive and casual... i like ta play dat final destination with no items because i think that shows all skill...dem stupid items fall out da sky and it takes no skill ta throw an item... plus their are no obstacles ta get in da way of gameplay

rbnttn

Smash Rookie
I'd like to think i was a casual gamer but once I lost to my friend on the temple, one stock all explosives match was killed by electrode, I laughed coldy then said we sould play some more and processed to beat the stuffing out of him for 5 matches.

I do love a fun match and all but I tend to take losing to some random (almost) non-smasher very badly.

Cpt_EJ

Smash Cadet
I'm definitely competitive. Like everybody, I never like to lose. I just keep playing until my eyes give out on me. =\

Arcsine

Smash Rookie
NNID
Sercerfer
Competive-Hardcore Smasher.

Having only been to 3 smaller tournaments, despite wining them all I wouldn't consiter myself a Pro-Smasher.

Blu_Jay

Smash Cadet
I'de say im a Competitive Smasher, I enjoy competing against other players even though i get beat really badly sometimes, I always try to get better, and when melee gets really old ill just move along to another game.

S623

Smash Apprentice
I'd go with competitive, 'cuz when I play I almost always play to win!

But when Brawl comes out, I'm gonna' try to go Pro for Brawl.

Corin

Smash Lord
Casual Competative, for sure. I love to just play with friends (who really aren't very good) with ridiculous rules, or on horrible stages etc.

But I've also been in two smash tournaments (low-key ones, mind you, at conventions ha) and at both I got so pumped up I could hardly play properly (always a problem, get too excited about something and my hands go shaky).

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I consider myself to be a Casual-competitive-Hardcore smasher. Usually I prefer Competitive though.

FoolyCoolyGamer

Smash Cadet
I see myself as a casual yet competitive smasher. If I'm just going to play for fun with a couple of friends, i'll have the items on and let everything go nuts. But when I'm playing as Samus, I get super serious. I expect nothing but the best from my attacks, and I make sure to try and take out my opponents in any way possible, while examining the strengths and weaknesses of both Samus and whoever I'm fighting.

BloodMagnumX

Smash Cadet
I'm a casual competitive player. I've gotten my butt handed to me a few times, but I play in a modified style of competitive play. Although I haven't been to a tourney yet, I'm currently planning one, and I am the third or fourth best Smash player at my church (where I'm trying to start a tournament). Happily playing with items...

Krax

Smash Rookie
all i can say is that I'm not a super competitive smasher but the game is not as fun as it used to be

smash64

Smash Champion
im that type of smasher that likes to do alot of meteor smash i just like killing ppl like that i bet alot of ppl do too

=Samus-Aran=

Smash Journeyman
I'm a Casual-Competitive Smasher.
I think it's about fun and winning, I just hate losing a lot for some reason. I've been playing for a little more than a month and can beat a Lv.9 team consisting of Mario and Luigi with 1 (Almost 2) out of 3 stocks left when I defeat them. Good?

=S-A=

SuperSmashX

Smash Rookie
I am more of a casual Smasher although once Brawl comes out I would like to become more competitive

Fr3nchD3vilDawg

Smash Rookie
Competitive.. idk.. something about the game makes me really affects my level of pride. As can beat almost any1 in my school at smash having played most of the players from their. The youtube vids keep me stocked on learning techs and the fact that Brawl will be online adds a burning light of wanting 2 Own =P. Don't get me wrong.. if my friends come play I'll let them go crazy at the temple, big blue and floats as I try out some new characters but when it comes down 2 skill... U WILL NOT BEAT MY MAIN =P!

Shou

Smash Cadet
Heh, I'm a bit of a competitive smasher myself. I've been playing Smash ever since the 64 so we all know how long that has been. Always great to try out new characters and now my main, Pit, is coming for you~ I mostly play defensive, though, I might change that with Pit. As people have said I had a "Calm" Marth and I predicted everyones moves out quite easily. I hope that will change in brawl..

Fr3nchD3vilDawg, I love your sig.

Shou

Smash Cadet
Who me? Nah, I don't turtle, it's more dodging. I don't just sit there and defend, that's just boring. It's more like I used my opponents attacks to put them in weird positions, thus I combo them. I guess that's not really defense, but..the way I do it makes it defense.

CrossX

Smash Apprentice
Well it seems that a majority are casual-hardcore/competitive, myself included, as I am casual/competitive/hardcore? I play for the fun of it, and at the same time I try to improve my style. Being really immersed in this game allows for these fun experiences, since pretty much any game I play is fun, even tournaments. I guess I play competitively casually, but I play items whenever the casual feeling comes upon me.

Top Bottom