• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What to follow SH-Dair

thewiredknight

Smash Journeyman
I'm at a loss on this, I find short hop to Dair to be quite powerful especially to temporarily imbozlie an opponent but it's a tricky move to follow up on because of the landing lag and the invincibility frames they have getting up (especially if they press attack rather than roll.

What is a good move to follow up a short hop dair with? Or would it be better to just back off, I've tried dtilt but with landing lag I can't get it out before invincibility frames of waking up kick in, same goes for a c-sticked dsmash. Any ideas?

3xSwords

Smash Lord
Well if you mean following up after you slammed them into the ground then there really isn't much. Try d-smash or jab b/c of quickness. Or another d-air if they popped up. However, your options are very limited and you won't be able to do much.

MetalFace

Smash Rookie
If the opponent bounces use a utilt, and if he doesn´t fly high jump/double jump to nair/fair/bair.

Jab is good too.

FishkeeperTimmay!

Smash Ace
Your practically SOL on this one. Dair has a lot of lag and if they don't tech it, they'll probably bounce and be outta range anyway. Reverse Aether might be able to catch them? Heck, I've never been able to make it work. =/

thewiredknight

Smash Journeyman
It's not a problem when it hits and they go airborne since then I can follow with Ike's airgame, but when they face plant I've been figuring the only option is to back off (either a quick QD away or just get out of range of their wakeup attack). Kinda stinks because I find sh dair to be a great move to break the enemy's momentum but it's conversely a poor one to get your own going.

Vro

Smash Lord
You can shield and wait for them to getup. If they attack, shield grab. If they roll you can tech chase. Otherwise 3xSwords said it pretty well, dsmash to hit front and back, and jab for speed.

Chompskee

Smash Rookie
I would say try not to land behind them, since you wont be able to jab or grab. I mostly use up tilt if i get it and try not to spike them to the floor because as you said they seem to have an advatange due to lag. Other than that try it when you double jump you will be high enough for the lag to be gone by the time you land

thewiredknight

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, sometimes they bounce which makes comboing easy but when they face plant it's tougher. I'll try counter since the time gap could be used to allow counter to establish, grabbing into air attack will require very precise timing but it also sounds like a good idea.

Ree301

Smash Apprentice
uhm...maybe a dumb idea, but try a fsmash. it'll catch their roll towards you and hit their wake up attack. if they roll away...well they're away.

Top Bottom