• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What to do out of throws

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Just curious as to what throws people use at low percents against opponents. I know of the higher percentage ones (Especially the stage spike) but i want to know what throws to do against people at low percentages. Also what to do after a certain throw, such as down throw in air to forward air? Any personal tips please?

trafficwarden99

Smash Journeyman
I'm still do up cargo up throws.
Of course they can airdodge before any real combo but you might be able to chase with an up air or bait the dodge into an utilt or another grab.

Or throw them off the stage. D.K. is too good off the stage.

KingofCereal

Smash Journeyman
At really really low percentages and only against heavy characters will cargo up throw work. Just to rack up damage though I like b-throw. Occasionally you can follow it with a bair or (maybe) a nair. If they're at a mid-percent (i'd say around 50 or higher even) cargo d-throw off the stage to attempt a spike. F-throw puts them way too high so d-throw is the way to go.

The Pope

Smash Apprentice
This works easily on medium to heavies at low %'s.
Aerial cargo (f)throw > (u)air > (u)air

This works best with anyone at medium to high %'s.
Aerial cargo (f)throw > (f)air

These work at low %'s.
(d)throw > (f)tilt
(d)throw > (d)B

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
****, really Pope? I didnt know cargo forward throw to double up air worked? I though they would be able to air dodge before the up air? Ill give it a go... Would be nice to see some of the old tricks from melee dk.

surrepGuy

Smash Cadet
I have a feeling the double uair will only really work on very large characters or won't be a true combo at all. Every time I tried it it has yet to work, but it was with mediums not heavies and probably to high %s.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
I have a feeling the double uair will only really work on very large characters or won't be a true combo at all. Every time I tried it it has yet to work, but it was with mediums not heavies and probably to high %s.
Yea i though so, i could have sworn the opponent can dodge before i have a chance to run up and hit him after the throw.

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
at low percents dthrow to a downb or bthrow off the edge are my two favorites one does lots of damage and sets up jugles, the other does adecent amount and allows you to attempt a gimp. apparently if you throw mid jump cargo fthrow to uair works, but only once, if they air dodge, fast fall a nair

The Pope

Smash Apprentice
The double (u)air works at 0 % on mediums and heavies very easily. I do it online and offline all the time. They can DI out of range from the first cargo (f)throw when you are trying to connect the (u)air. If you try to do this combo after like 20%, it won't really work unless you mindgame them into the 2nd (u)air or they'll just flat out get knocked up too high from the first (u)air.

Mighty_Sven

Smash Rookie
i almost always use the back throw. ill start off with a back throw then run at them and hit A. theres probably better things to do than that, but it works for me

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
I think everyone has there own little combo out of throws, but i just made this little thread so other people can feed off of each others info... Providing throw combos for others to use, will be so **** against anyone.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
My favorite thing to do from a grab at low percent is to mind game the cargo up throw. grab em throw em - follow them - when the dodge punish it, works amazingly well
Hmmm, i guess ill have to try this one.

Top Bottom