• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What to do against Sheik's grab release?

Yunior597

Smash Journeyman
Hello im having some problems with sheik matchup due to the **** grab release + dacus every time i get grabbed at 90% or more i die because the grab release and dacus i cant DI out or anything and now enough time to hit the floor. Any advice is good and thanks.

solecalibur

Smash Master
Watch a lot of sheik videos and watch how they grab and what setups do they use for their grabs (See power rankings thread in tactical for sheiks names to youtube search also treat the MU like IC's once you get to ~70%+

Dont even 2ndary kirby any more and im finding excuses to get out of studying for finals....

Triple R

Smash Lord
I don't really have much sheik experience, but I didn't realize that worked on kirby. I thought he jumped up way to high from grab release to work, but maybe it's different when escaping from sheik's grab. Does anyone have a video of this on kirby?

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Try buffering airdodges, it may work. I haven't played against a Sheik in a while, so I don't remember.

Still, your best bet is to not get grabbed at high %s. You just have to play like if you were going against ICs, and just hit Sheik with bairs until you get her into the air, then follow her and don't let her go WHILE being mindful of the grabs.

I suggest you should choose stages with nice platforms like Delfino, where they're too high for her tipper to reach you... Maybe Battlefield will work too, you might be able to land and shield on the platforms before her DACUS touches you.

Ledger_Damayn

Smash Ace
That's really rough if that actually works :\

I don't think bair camping works on Sheik since Sheik's bair pokes so well too. But presented with the alternative... I agree that the matchup should be played like the IC's one. AKA play to win, and if you're really that disadvantaged, camp the crap out of him 'til the timer says 0:00.

Triple R

Smash Lord
So i toke a peak at the kirby matchup on the sheik boards, and they say you can't grab release to DACUS. The only problem is that the data looked outdated from many of the quotes I saw. Maybe we can clear this up when we get to sheik in the new and improved matchup thread!

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
So i toke a peak at the kirby matchup on the sheik boards, and they say you can't grab release to DACUS. The only problem is that the data looked outdated from many of the quotes I saw. Maybe we can clear this up when we get to sheik in the new and improved matchup thread!
Awright, then that means buffering airdodges works. Glad to know I haven't forgotten! Airdodge to the ground and punish Sheik for DACUS'ing, and eventually she'll stop doing that. :D

TaterSalad0811

Smash Lord
Doing flying chaingrabs across southeast PA
Punish how exactly? I would think if it came from a grab release, Sheik would DACUS right past you if you airdodged, so what'l it be, an up tilt, down smash, or SHFFL'd back air? (Note that I don't play Sheiks often, though I'm pretty sure she has a good DACUS).

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Depends on how far away Sheik is. You could even run after her and grab her while she's in her cooldown frames. A quick bair when you land is the best choice though.

Top Bottom