• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What stops Melee hacking to be as effective as Brawl hacking?

Morin0

Smash Lord
It seems like there's no limits in Brawl hacking and it's really accessible. What exactly makes Melee not that hack accessible like Brawl? Are there any limitations?

I know nothing of that sort so forgive me if I'm being a bit oblivious.

Toomai

Smash Ace
As I understand it, there are two main reasons:
  1. Melee hacking is very new compared to Brawl hacking, so we don't know as much. For example I think it's mostly a total unknown how special moves function.
  2. There's no easy way to play Melee hacks like Brawl's Stage Builder exploit. If you want to play hacks on a Cube you need to burn a disc.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
On top of Toomai's reasons...
Two big issues.

1. Accessibility. No way of using an SD Card (easily) to load hacks.
2. Attraction. There are people working on Melee hacking, but that's only because of how ****ing sick the game is competitively. Most of the people interested in smash hacks are currently working on Brawl, because it's the most Smash game recent game.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
You still have to apply hacks directly onto the ISO itself though. That's a much bigger hassle than having something like PW's File Replacement code for Brawl, which served as a catalyst to making Brawl hacking as popular and accessible as it is now.

Top Bottom