• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What stages do roy have advantages on?

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Depends on who you're fighting.

Space animals? Take 'em to FD and chaingrab away.

Marth? The ledges on Yoshi's Story make it so you can dthrow->fsmash them unless they fully DI away (although if you're not well accustomed t this level stay away from it against marth, its his tipper playground

Peach? Personally i prefer pokemon stadium, with the low ceiling you can kill at about 90% with a dsmash or at 160% with an upthrow.

marth marth marth

Smash Apprentice
Depends on who you're fighting.

Space animals? Take 'em to FD and chaingrab away.

Marth? The ledges on Yoshi's Story make it so you can dthrow->fsmash them unless they fully DI away (although if you're not well accustomed t this level stay away from it against marth, its his tipper playground

Peach? Personally i prefer pokemon stadium, with the low ceiling you can kill at about 90% with a dsmash or at 160% with an upthrow.
thanks this will really help my roy game

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Lol, Sethlon, you noticed the same thing I did about Poke'mon stadium, lol.

YS, yeah, I'll agree with that...I'd also say stay away from Zelda on that stage. *shudders* Even Marth can get ***** by the toe on that stage.

I don't think I can disagree with anything he said. Go for it.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
And Pokeman's stadium is a long stage with the occassional obstacle, so it makes it harder for Peach to kill you, since she has pretty much zero vertical KO moves. So with some good spacing you can actually live to decent percents yourself, too.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Well, as much as that is useful, Roy is my best secondary. Unless I stood no chance in a Peach ditto, I shouldn't have a problem. however....I'll probably need to remember it, lol. Heck, I KNOW I can't beat VaNz or Slikvik in a Peach ditto, so yeah....lol. Counterpick for the win.

"Crank that Roy"

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i like large stages with Roy. he gets comboed too easily for small ones.
that PS idea is dope though, i never thought about that. i usually just play a diff character against peach.

Top Bottom