• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Smash Class Are You?

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
Well I was thinking hey there are tiers in smash right(debatably) and there are also tiers for players like Noob(just started playing or are bad at the game.), Average(can beat the avarage player but cant quite play against pros.), Semi-Pro(like me someone who can win a tournament and might beat a pro once in awhile but aren't as good as you can get.), And Pro(someone who breaks the boundries of the game and shows how good you can be like gimpyfish.) right? So what I'm wondering are what would my fellow smashers rank themselves? As I stated above I (and my friends) say I am the best smasher we know personally as I usually win with the exeption of my best friend who gives me a run for my money(He's a Falco main and I'm a Kirby.) So what would you rate yourself and whos your biggest compitetion?(your main would be nice too.)

These are the ranks (thanks RedMage8bT)

Casual Beginner - Everyone who has played Smash once or twice.
Casual Intermediate - The one's who actually play the game, most Smashers are this
Casual Expert - The Best of the normal players
Middle Tier - Not quite Pro, but definitely a hardcore player
Pro Beginner - Excellent players, the average tournament-goer
Pro Intermediate - People who do well in tournaments, generally highly regarded
Pro Expert - The Smash Gods. These are the ones everyone's heard of and have learned to respect and fear

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
I'd say I'm somewhere between Average and Semi-Pro. I plan to play a lot more upon Brawl's arrival however, so that may change in the future ;)

I think this goes to Melee Discussion by the way.

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
I'd say I'm somewhere between Average and Semi-Pro. I plan to play a lot more upon Brawl's arrival however, so that may change in the future ;)

I think this goes to Melee Discussion by the way.
Well no if you plan to improve, have played brawl already, or have desided your going to have a new main it can go here. @FoxySigma Thankie!

spindash

Smash Ace
Well, if I had to fall under anything, I'm along the lines of semi-pro. I haven't won a tournament yet, but I can compete with other professionals. However, I haven't had the opportunity to face off against some of the other big shots that are down in the states or overseas. I've played with some of the Canadian greats (FalseFalco was actually the one who introduced me into the competitive scene officially for At Melee's End). I've got a LONG way's to go before I consider myself a Melee pro. XD And I main Link for Melee.

Brawl should be a nice new start though for everyone. We'll see what happens there, but I'd love to think that I can push to be one of the top Sonic professionals in the world someday.

Hey, in due time! :p It's worth a shot.

DeadtoSin

Smash Apprentice
I'm also between average and semi-pro. I understand and can perform basic techs, but I really need to work on it when Brawl comes out. I never had serious players to play against with 64 or Melee, and I was not able to attend tournaments.

So I'll have some catching up to do...

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
It sure is and As an unknown kirby main I kinda want to win an official tournament for once and show that kirby mains are good too!

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
Well no if you plan to improve (yes), have played brawl already (yes), or have desided your going to have a new main (pretty much) it can go here. @FoxySigma Thankie!
The posts above my first post didn't clarify it being related to Brawl; sounded like Melee Discussion imo from what was given. My bad for being confused.

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
Well whilst im sure I could go into Melee Disscusion if someone wanted to main wolf and another someone wanted to avoid spoilers reguarding the roster well flaming would happen and say it belongs here

XxBlazingSpeedxX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
XBlazingSpeedX
I'm a semi pro for sure but I can't hang with other people that use my main(samus) such as hugs or wes. But I go to touranments and win most of the time. My biggest rival is my friend who was the first human I'd ever played. Me and him always end up meeting in the finals or semifinals with an epic Samus vs. Fox match.

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
wowz you guys sound good my buddy refuses to go to tournaments unless they are held by me and my outcome is usually between 6-8 players and its unofficial so yeah but we always oblitherate everyone then go on for like 7 minutes in our epic match last time I won

Wolfgang457

Smash Journeyman
I suppose I'm between Average and Semi-Pro. I play a bit and can easily beat an average player, however I have yet to beat a pro level person. Though at least I'm at the point where I'm usually one-stocked.

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
Join the club wolf gang i have beaten one Pro player once and i 1 stocked him he was a Y.Link main but i cant remember his melee name.

BokutoGuy

Smash Journeyman
probably between average and semi-pro but closest to the later (sp?)
I cleaned out at my schools japan day thing in melee... 3 stocked the best people there, same with my friend

Teej

Smash Cadet
Between noob and average. V___v

I honestly debated not getting Brawl at first, but since it's an entirely new physics system, I decided now would be the time to improve, since everyone will have a fresh start in a new game.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
I'd say average to semi-pro. Definitely not pro, but I'd say I'm about as good as you can get without being a pro and mastering advanced techs. I main Link. And this should probably be in the Melee forum, seeing as how it's a Melee question but whatever.

Delta Z

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere between Average and Semi-Pro, but closer to Semi-Pro.

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
Wow BokutoGuy thats cool and Teej dont worry everyone get better with time wanna know the secret? sell your soul to Sakurai and Brawl and you will do much better yeah..... :/

Pkaz01

Smash Cadet
average or in the middle between average and noob. I never played melee so I never got as much practice as most people. But I can beat my noob brother and average friend so I guess i'm lower average.

Magnacor

Smash Ace
I like to think I'm a little above average, but I've never really faced anyone good so I can only say average for now.

lookatthatbaconsizzle

Smash Journeyman
BRILLIANT THREAD

i mean, seriously, give yourself a pat on the back.

and another for originality.
I think this thread (or one a little similar) was done a while ago, my friend. But judging by your post count I realize you probably weren't here for that...

So nvm. That was NOT an insult, by the way.

::Edit::
Oh, and I would rate myself as an Elite Casual. Because I play normally but have VERY quick reflexes and L Cancel when I see the need (usually don;t need to use ANY AT against my friends) and/or wavedash. I love to edge hog tho. All the time.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
I would say that I fit somewhere in between Average and Semi-Pro. I have a core group of friends who are all at least average at Melee, and even though we don't do 1v1 that much, when we do I usually end up being the champion. At our last home-built tourney of 10 people, I won twice out of three times and was the runner-up the other time. I also always make it to the 1v1 ending of the many 4 player free-for-all matches unless I'm ganged up on or just make really terrible mistakes. Once there I usually win if it's even stock at that point but if I'm down a stock against my friend's Sheik I almost never win. Usually I can win with a damaged one stock against my other friends' two stock though. I've never been to an official tourney though, so I don't know how I stack up in that sort of setting. I would like to attend some Brawl tourneys after I have had significant time with the game though. They sound like a blast and even if I don't win a single match I still think it would be a great experience.

mogwaimon

Smash Apprentice
In the original SSB...dunno what I was, we only rented the game one weekend or something and we were too busy fighting and laughing our ***** off to care way back when. By the time I got my GCN and Melee I was pretty much on my own in terms of competitive gaming company, so I am most definitely a n00b at Melee.I can't even beat my friend who also sucks at the game, and I have trouble on events and whatnot...Honestly, I suck at fighters due to lack of competition.

However...since Brawl will have online play hopefully I won't suck too much if I keep playing. I used to really suck at the original Halo due to lack of competition, and at H2 as well, but when H3 came out and I played online more, I started to get much better. Same with Gears of War, I sucked online, but through playing more I started getting better and now I'm capable of taking down 4 people on my own in a bad situation if I have to at LAN parties. I'm sure with Brawl I'll become much better at Smash and fighting games in general due to a large influx of competitive human players rather than being restricted to the rare occasions on which my friends feel like playing/CPU players...At least I hope so

Senor Crouch

Smash Journeyman
I would say I am a Casual Expert.

Just the other day I saw a thread talking about DIing. I got so frustrated b/c I had no idea what a DI was so I looked it up and found out that I have been DIing for years, same goes with Teching. I am starting to train in the art of Advanced Techniques, they are great survival skills. The ones I am having trouble with are short hopping, L-canceling, Shuffling (OMG this is hard to do), and Wavedashing (yes I know it is out in Brawl, but it gives me something to do while I wait).

Oh, and if you want to know my main check my sig.

heety9

Smash Journeyman

This reminds me of the"What Kind of Smasher are you" thread...

Hmmm... I'm a semi-pro.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
I'm a scrub, thats all there is to it :3

I hope to get really good though, there are some smug friends I have that need a beating...

-Onyx

Kr3w

Smash Journeyman
I'm probably somewhere between Average and Semi-Pro. I've never played a tournament though, so I wouldn't know if I'm semi-pro yet or not

Top Bottom