• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What "Small" Feature do you want added?

KoRLumen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoRLumen
3DS FC
3437-3066-8679
Ah, The Mysterious Orb of This Is Nowhere Near the Color I Had In Mind But It Will Have To Do. The only way I see that working is changing the entire hue of the character, which is weird. Alt costumes usually feature different colors for different articles of clothing.
Obviously, it would change the dominant colour. Mario, for example - Only the red parts would change, but the blue overalls would stay blue, the boots would stay brown, etc. More realistically though, the colour choice should be from a list (say, 16 colours), and you would be able to choose the primary and secondary colours, reducing the choice overload from a colour wheel and providing further customizability.

Critzilean

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Critzilean
3DS FC
1693-2152-0414
Switch FC
SW-2556-2425-6120
I would love the ability to play songs off of an SD card, so you can set custom tracks for stages

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Assuming there are Stickers as well as Trophies, I'd like to be able to trade them with friends to help get 100% of them.

AquaDork1

Smash Apprentice
Stage builder with more options for greater complexity and diversity

At least one costume per character

Pleasant color swaps, with many of them making cool references (Shiny Greninja, Wii Fit Trainers wearing lime green, etc)

Character Select Screen to remember your latest settings

When characters get KO'd, their "you died" jingle plays from their original games

A StreetPass feature?

sunfallSeraph

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5155-4095-3556
An option to toggle stage hazards off without changing the stage layout to the Final Destination version would be spectacular.

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
Switches!

Random character switch, so I don't have to reset the match every time Sonic comes up.
Assist Trophy switch, so I don't have to deal with Nintendogs or Mr. Resetti.
Pokeball swtich, because why not if we're already adding the other two?

QuickRat

Smash Journeyman
Pokémon and Assist Trophies frequency control. When I play with friends, I don't mine if there is Bellossom or Electrode, but most of Legendary are too much power to have a good game.

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
It would be cool if on the Wii U version, you can have two-four people play against each other while someone on the Gamepad spawns items, controls bosses, causes stage hazards, and maybe assist trophies.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
A option to turn off all stage hazards and if that's too hard to do then to turn off all stages hazards hit boxes. If we had this option maybe the stage selection pool would be bigger.

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
Stage builder with more options for greater complexity and diversity

At least one costume per character

Pleasant color swaps, with many of them making cool references (Shiny Greninja, Wii Fit Trainers wearing lime green, etc)

Character Select Screen to remember your latest settings

When characters get KO'd, their "you died" jingle plays from their original games

A StreetPass feature?
I has this idea, too! But what would the Wii Fit Trainers have? The sound for "getting it wrong" on the Memory Test?

AncientArk

Smash Apprentice
For Luigi's trouser legs to be rolled up like they were in Brawl.
I think that was a cool thing.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I want there to be secret idle animations, where the characters are playing on their 3DS's and their respective games, Like DK playing Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D in Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze. So Link, Zelda, and Toon Link would be playing A Link Between Worlds, Mario, Peach, and Bowser Plays 3D Land, Luigi plays Luigi Mansion ect.

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
:) I good @ Mii-ing. Let's just see how he turns out in Tomodachi Life! *prays I don't fall in love with my own sister*
I saw a little lp of it last night (didn't spoil much), and I think I remember it had an option to have miis have family relations with other miis so they don't fall in love.
(also the game reminds me of a certain episode of Adventure Time when Finn had all of the mini guys)

Anyways, back on topic, I thought maybe with the Villager and (if they introduce them :I) Robin, you can import your design for those characters from New Leaf/Awakening and you can play them on your 3DS, and also connect to the Wii U so you can play those designs on there too. I thought this would be a nifty feature with Pokemon Trainer and XY, but he's ded. If Miis are infact announced, maybe you can get their hats from the Streetpass plaza or their outfits from Tomodachi as well?

I know it's a lot of data, but a guy can dream...

Downdraft

Smash Ace
Communities similar to Mario Kart 7, and being able to upload replays to a computer.
Expanding on your idea, I'd like replays to be saved in a standard video format that can be directly uploaded to YouTube.
Players shouldn't need capture devices or complicated setups to record matches.

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
I saw a little lp of it last night (didn't spoil much), and I think I remember it had an option to have miis have family relations with other miis so they don't fall in love.
(also the game reminds me of a certain episode of Adventure Time when Finn had all of the mini guys)

Anyways, back on topic, I thought maybe with the Villager and (if they introduce them :I) Robin, you can import your design for those characters from New Leaf/Awakening and you can play them on your 3DS, and also connect to the Wii U so you can play those designs on there too. I thought this would be a nifty feature with Pokemon Trainer and XY, but he's ded. If Miis are infact announced, maybe you can get their hats from the Streetpass plaza or their outfits from Tomodachi as well?

I know it's a lot of data, but a guy can dream...
YES PLEASE!! But, Villager has a different body shape from the Villagers in New Leaf, so that might cause some complications.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Expanding on your idea, I'd like replays to be saved in a standard video format that can be directly uploaded to YouTube.
Players shouldn't need capture devices or complicated setups to record matches.
The thing is, 2-3 replays in 1080p would already make 1 gb. Since the Wii U has 32 GB of storage (the deluxe on) out of which 12 is used for current updates and at least 2-10 will be used for save data depending on how many games you own. That gives you a limit of about 10-30 replays before your Wii U has no more memory left. Well, unless you buy an external hard drive. You could buy a capture card for almost the same amount of money an external hard drive costs.

I think the option of allowing replays to occupy barely any mbs is completely fine. Although they could add a "record and upload" function which uploads the current replay you are watching to twitch/youtube.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
The thing is, 2-3 replays in 1080p would already make 1 gb. Since the Wii U has 32 GB of storage (the deluxe on) out of which 12 is used for current updates and at least 2-10 will be used for save data depending on how many games you own. That gives you a limit of about 10-30 replays before your Wii U has no more memory left. Well, unless you buy an external hard drive. You could buy a capture card for almost the same amount of money an external hard drive costs.

I think the option of allowing replays to occupy barely any mbs is completely fine. Although they could add a "record and upload" function which uploads the current replay you are watching to twitch/youtube.
Does the Wii-U not have a slot for an SD card?

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729

Maybe the official smash site can have an option to view screenshots/replays uploaded?

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541

Basically what I was thinking. But also have the option to take just the video file and have it on your computer. For editing purposes. It's also probably an easier feature to maintain than uploading directly to youtube/twitch. Also saving the replays the way Brawl does would allow for dynamic camera angles and the like.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
-Alternate costumes for every character are the big one. Even if it's DLC. It's a long overdue feature.
-Better camera for photos and replays (which we seem to be getting).
-Character endings akin to Tekken.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Does the Wii-U not have a slot for an SD card?
It does actually :p. I hadn't thought about SD carda because mine just has PM inside it. Also it has options for any type of storage device, including regular USBs.

Basically what I was thinking. But also have the option to take just the video file and have it on your computer. For editing purposes. It's also probably an easier feature to maintain than uploading directly to youtube/twitch. Also saving the replays the way Brawl does would allow for dynamic camera angles and the like.
The problem with this is that when a storage device is entered inside the Wii U it formats it into its "own" way of doing things. The computer can't read the device again until after its been formatted again :S.

I mean I have an external hard drive and in order to use it on the Wii U the Wii U had to format it into its own format. I then tried connecting the device to my PC (so I could use it for both things) and my PC told me that in order to use it I would have to format it again (which meant deleting my saved games), so I just use the hard drive only for Wii U.

Edit: actually, the Wii U doesn't format SD cards (forgot about this one again). So maybe having a 64gb SD card solely for replays might work. You wouldn't be able to have more than about 100-150 replays, but by that time you will probably have saved them on your pc

Last edited:

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
The problem with this is that when a storage device is entered inside the Wii U it formats it into its "own" way of doing things. The computer can't read the device again until after its been formatted again :S.

I mean I have an external hard drive and in order to use it on the Wii U the Wii U had to format it into its own format. I then tried connecting the device to my PC (so I could use it for both things) and my PC told me that in order to use it I would have to format it again (which meant deleting my saved games), so I just use the hard drive only for Wii U.
Ah, that sounds like something the 360 does too. How about using SD cards though? I can take my 3DS sd card and stick it in my Wii U and computer just fine. I take screenshots off of it all the time.

Last edited:

HammerHappy

Smash Apprentice
Being able to hold down a button on stage loading to ensure its alternate music plays.

On night and day stages, being able to hold down a different button to start at night.

Top Bottom