• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

what should i do if i break some ones shield

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
All depends on damage. But the basic thing you can do is stand behind them and trow a turnip up. Then Dsmash, the Dsmash **** hit them into the turnip or saturn and you can follow up with a Nair or/we.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Well if around 20-40 you can do what i just told you. If 60-80 I would just FC> Dair>Nair. Also gotta take note that some characters ie fast going up and others die Faster going straight.

Over all I say at low damage just start up some combo to deal damage. Dtilt can work to start something. at high damage start something to send them packing

Shakugan

Smash Journeyman
yo

would the up B be able to break shields or is it just saturn and stitch. would the FC dair and bair work if i used it or is the FC dair to nair be the best to do.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Actually, bro, Dair to Nair would probably more effective. Although, I guess you could go Bair if you have something to follow up with. I don't think a Bair will do much but extend the combo. However, i'd ask Dark.pch that one to be certain.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
What peach should do when she breaks someone's shield is this:

Watch their character (because all characters rock back and forth when their shield is broke) and when they rock away walk up to them and charge and upsmash. When they rock back towards you release and it's a free super sweet spot (2nd furthest sending upsmash in the game).

If they're at low percents I might start with a ground float Uair and go from there, but that's me. The Dsmash turnip combination is good, as is the dair nair (my standard punisher when i don't have all day to do it). When you break a shield though through the stitch or bombomb if you still have it, otherwise go for the upsmash. It might not work on some of the shorter characters...

lolomgwtfbbq

Smash Apprentice
Pause the game and dance, then maybe taunt.
Once they get the point that they got owned, depending on their percentages and which character they are your options will vary.
If they're low percentage you could try a simple turnip to a dash attack and then maybe follow that up with a ftilt.
At high percentage just nair them.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
can't you just sweetspot an usmash at high percents?
Yes

I was just about to say that though no one else said it already. A fully charged Up/Down Smash in my opinion.
Look at exarch post

would the up B be able to break shields or is it just saturn and stitch. would the FC dair and bair work if i used it or is the FC dair to nair be the best to do.
You cant brack shield with the Up-B the sheild would have to be nearly at its Peak of being broken.

It all Depends on:

-What side if the stage they are on

- How big or small the stage is.

- If you can kill faster going up or infront of you.

- The %. Which if low follow up with combos. Like start them. If high send them backing with something strong. Or do what exarch posted.

PikachuSSBM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tsuzama
What peach should do when she breaks someone's shield is this:

Watch their character (because all characters rock back and forth when their shield is broke) and when they rock away walk up to them and charge and upsmash. When they rock back towards you release and it's a free super sweet spot (2nd furthest sending upsmash in the game).

If they're at low percents I might start with a ground float Uair and go from there, but that's me. The Dsmash turnip combination is good, as is the dair nair (my standard punisher when i don't have all day to do it). When you break a shield though through the stitch or bombomb if you still have it, otherwise go for the upsmash. It might not work on some of the shorter characters...

This helped me, i was at loss when a broken sheild comes about.

Top Bottom