• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What shiny Pokemon do you have?

1DeadRabbit

...I mean jackal.
3DS FC
1864-9519-0771
I have a few shinies, but I'll tell you the story about my favorite shiny, since it's a good one.

One fine day as I was bumming around playing X, it dawned upon me that I should try breeding some Riolus that knew some awesome Blaziken egg-moves. I was fine and happy with the Lucario I caught in the wild--still am--but I thought I'd breed some anyway, because, y'know, why the heck not? So I threw a female Lucario I had in my PC into the daycare with a male Blaziken, and soon I got the first egg.

As I was hatching, I thought idly, "I wonder if it's going to be shiny." Or something to that extent.

And the little dude was.

He's still a Riolu because I want to play through OmegaSapphire with him when it comes out, but I've supertrained him to be the Sweeper he's gonna be.

Fun note: Neither of his parents were from a different region, so he was just a random shiny.
Funner fact: Lucario is my favorite pokemon thanks to Smash Bros.

Joltik

Smash Rookie
NNID
omgitsjason
3DS FC
3583-1068-3125
I only have a Shiny Protean Greninja with 5IV's at the moment. I managed to hatch it just after 33 eggs.

that is the only shiny I have at the moment but the weird coincidence is the last shiny I had was on my Emerald save file which was a Sharpedo that shares the same typing as Greninja.

illuminati overload

Mettie7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mettie7
3DS FC
2191-8121-7929
Let's see here *takes a break from soft-resetting Diancies*

These are all 5IV at least. I don't know how many I have honestly:

Kanto: Beedrill, Raichu, Ninetails, Golem, Cloyster, Weezing, Snorlax, Articuno (8)
Johto: Noctowl, Bellossom, Azumarill, Quagsire, Umbreon, Steelix, Shuckle, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Tyranitar (11)
Hoenn: Swampert, Gardevoir, Breloom, Shedinja, Mawile, Manectric, Flygon, Metagross, Regice, Deoxys, Rayquaza (11)
Sinnoh: Floatzel, Ambipom, Bronzong, Magmortar, Togekiss, Yanmega, Probopass (7)
Unova: Emboar, Whimsicott, Sigilyph, Alomomola, Ferrothorn, Chandelure, Meinshao, Golurk, Bisharp, Genesect (10)
Kalos: Aegislash, Slurpuff (2)

If I counted correctly that's 49
jfc i play too much

DJCrinkleCut

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DJCrinkleCut
Been playing Pokemon for seven years, never found a shiny until a Quagsire in the Safari Zone
I'm planning on eventually breeding a 5/6 IV Shiny Greninja though, but I'll save that day for when I have patience.

TriforceToast

Smash Rookie
NNID
TriforceToast
3DS FC
5155-3076-7873
I've been playing pokémon since RBY, and the only shinys I've got are a male shiny Durant that appeared in a Horde Battle (the difference from normal Durant is barely noticeable, though), and something I'm very proud of: a female shiny Mudkip bred by my girlfriend on my copy of Pokémon X. Sadly, it has just one perfect IV (HP), but it's still nice being able to battle alongside the Mega Pink Machine Of Death in ORAS.

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
My first Shiny was a Shiny Ponyta in Pokemon Diamond while training my Pokemon. When I first saw it, I immediately caught it & replaced my original Ponyta with the Shiny version. Caught a Shiny Numel in Pokemon Ruby while again, doing some training. Months ago while playing Pokemon HeartGold, I caught a Shiny Mareep pretty early in the game.

I'm such a lucky gal. :)

DestinyDecade

Smash Rookie
Currently as of now... in Pokemon X, Trevenant. In Pokemon Omega Ruby, Cottonee.

I did encounter a shiny Poochyena but it fainted due to Treecko getting a crit so it's a fail on my part.

Vashimus

Smash Master
I have quite a few shinies in my games, I lose track of them. Some are legit, but most of them are hacked.

My first shiny was a Jynx on Ice Path in Heart Gold. Which was amazing since she's of my favorite Pokes.

I also once caught a Shiny Psyduck and a shiny Poliwhirl on the same day when EV training.

Last edited:

BKTang'

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Konjiki-Jizo
3DS FC
1950-9517-4990
Is this thread also considered as a shinyhunting one?

If so, I catch a shiny Magnemite yesterday (RO, the route above Slateport) after 237 hordes.

kylexv

Smash Master
Rattata (Bred while breeding for Wondertrade Wednesday)
Red Gyrados
Pichu (Event)
Raichu (Event Pichu, but evolved)
Krookodile (Trade)
Politoed (Trade)
Qwilfish (Chain Fishing)
Pangoro (Traded my shiny Gogoat)
Chansey (Traded my Moltres XD. Got a Moltres back tho eventually)
Skarmory (No Pentagon, obtained via trade.)
Volcarona (Got it as a Larvesta on Wondertrade)
4 Terrakion (Got both on Wondertrade. Adamant/Jolly 6IV and Pentagon. Probably genned tho.)
Furfrou (Got on Wondertrade. Adamant, 6IV, and probably genned.)
Mewtwo (Got on Wondertrade. Has a pentagon. Since Mewtwo is Shiny Locked, it's hacked.)
Heatran (GTS. Traded an extra Heatran I had for it. 5IV Timid, but sadly no Pentagon.)
Cresselia (GTS. Traded an Oshawott for it, so it's probably genned in that case.)
2 Charmander (Wondertrade again. One is pentagon, one isn't. Both have bad natures.)
Serperior (Wondertrade Wednesday is awesome. 6V with Contrary holding Leftovers.)
Goodra (Wondertrade. Adamant 6V holding Assault Vest.)
Giratina (Wondertrade. Probably 6V, has pentagon, all perfect Contest stats and the Contest Star ribbon.)
Infernape (Got from Wondertrade, probably hacked.)
Gengar (Again, Wondertrade and most likely hacked).
Trevenant (Wondertrade. Has perfect IVs, so probably hacked.)
Noivern (Came holding a Choice Scarf on Wondertrade. Most likely hacked.)
Pawniard (This was awesome. Bred it myself. Jolly and Defiant with 31/31/7/31/31/31 IV's.)
Hariyama (Found randomly while grinding a Magby. I couldn't believe it at first.)
Numel (Found while Horde Hunting right after I got the shiny charm.)
Metagross (Event)
3 Raikou (Event)
3 Entei (Event)
3 Suicune (Event)
Rayquaza (Event)

LOST SHINIES:
Greninja: Found as a Frogadier in the Friend Safari. Sadly lost because the cartridge popped out and I forgot to save.

Shuppet: I found this thing in a horde while EV training my Kangaskhan. Totally wasn't expecting it (It was the FOURTH HORDE I did.) Unfortunately, the only moves I could hit it with were moves that hit every Shuppet. So I was forced to kill it. Next time I know to come prepared.

EDIT: Added a few things
EDIT 2: Added more things
EDIT 3: I lost a Shiny....
EDIT 4: Added even more things
EDIT 5: Added some more things

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I have;

Pikachu
Wartortle (Got at the Friend Safari xD)
Dunsparce (Friend Safari, you're too generous)
Umbreon (Friend gave it to me)
Aegislash (Friend gave it to me)
Typhlosion (Friend gave it to me)
Pikachu (Friend gave it to me)
Noivern (Friend gave it to me)
Lucario (Friend gave it to me)
Articuno (Won it for being runner up at a local Pokemon Tournament)
Zangoose (Hatched it)
Eevee (Friend gave it to me)
Noctowl (Friend gave it to me)

Wow....seems like my friends enjoy giving me stuff....even though I don't ask for anything.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
After catching a regular Mesprit today, I started soft resetting for a timid Azelf for IVs. I accidentally KOed it on my first try, so on the first soft reset, I found a shiny Azelf. I caught it within a few regular Poké Balls after lowering its health and paralyzing it. Sadly, it was a neutral nature one, but the IVs were decent. Still, it was a surprise as I don't really soft reset for shinies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Currently, I have Typhlosion, Terrakion, Gyrados, Zangoose, and Dialga. Might have more, but I haven't touched Omega Ruby in awhile.

I should go back and try getting Shiny Riolu. I have 8 Lucario, & neither of them are shiny. ,_,

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
Thread title.

Today, I just so happened to get my first non-event shiny from a Wonder Trade.

A Shiny Skiddo!
Ohhh how nice of somebody! Score.

Last time i checked i had a shiny:

Scizor
Metagross
Gardevoir
Gyarados
Umbreon
Mewtwo
Rayquaza

I really want a shiny Kirlia, Phantump, or gengar...but one can dream. :(

Muskrat Catcher

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4100-0093
The only non-event shiny I have in a main series game is a shiny beartic which I found as a cubchoo in White. However, this isn't the shiny I'm most fond of.

In pixelmon, (yes, that's right! The Pokémon mod for minecraft) I was fishing using a good rod, when I reeled in a catch. It was a magikarp according to the status bar that shows up when you encounter a Pokémon, but the status bar had a gold star next to the HP bar. I could not yet see the fish since the camera was at a weird angle at first, but I knew it was special. The camera finally turned and the magikarp was gold! I freaked out a bit, and caught it right away. There is the same chance of finding a shiny in pixelmon as there is in the regular games, but this was even better because after I evolved it into the monstrous red gyarados, I could ride it! That is my greatest memory in pixelmon, riding that red gyarados through the sea.

Last edited:

Rick Sure

Smash Rookie
NNID
MrJigglypuff1996
OK! NO JOKE, WHILE STALKING THESE FORUMS, I FOUND A SHINY RALTS! THIS IS MY SECOND TIME GETTING A SHINY RALTS!!!!!

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
bred a shiny mareep after filling 7 boxes with mareep

Arcturian

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Arcturian
I caught a shiny Darumaka back in Black. I also had a friend who had pokerus, so I got him to temporarily trade that pokemon to me so that I could infect my shiny Darumaka with pokerus.

In black 2, I caught a shiny Koffing.

Mintcario

uwu
NNID
Mintcario
I randomly found a shiny Electrike in Sapphire on an emulator while I was in class one day; could hardly contain my voice lmao.

Arcturian

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Arcturian
I randomly found a shiny Electrike in Sapphire on an emulator while I was in class one day; could hardly contain my voice lmao.
It's cool that you got a shiny, but it also must suck to catch one on an emulator.

Mrwhatzitooya

Smash Journeyman
Well, shiny meditite was my first, way back in Gen IV. Now I also have a pichu (time travel event), zangoose, Steelix (perfect IVs and from a wonder trade too! :D ) and I used to have a Druddigon too.

What I'd like to know is, is anyone else as brave/stupid as me and taken up hunting shiny legendaries? I'm currently nearing 3000 RA's for Eon Ticket Latios.... :/ Can't help but love that teal colouring though! Hoping to make him my "trophy" competitive lead, if I ever find him.

Last edited:

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
I attempted a shiny first gen poison team all 5/6iv. I've got muk, weezing, victreebel, gengar, venasaur and tentacruel. I've got quite a few competitive 1st gen shinys, tauros, snorlax, elem punch mewtwo <3 and more. My first shiny was an Oddish on my first trip through ilex forest, obviously that's before the gyarados event so had no idea what was going on.

:043:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I have a shiny Stunfisk that I love with all my heart.

Soupy

Sage of Wind
I have several that I don't care about, but I spent an entire Chicago trip hatching eggs to get a shiny Litwick!! The blue flame is so wonderful.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
I got a legit wild :129: back in Silver. Was pretty disappointed.

These are the one I have through trades.
  • :101:
  • :147:
  • :197: My personal favorite.

Last edited:

Zero Suit Roxas

Smash Cadet
NNID
LeBabbo
3DS FC
0748-1742-4057
My first shiny was a wild Zigzagoon in Platinum. Was definitely not disappointed.
And very recently I was getting the Unova starter from Professor Birch in Alpha Sapphire and I accidentally got a shiny Snivy without even trying.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
I can't believe this, but I literally got a shiny Bulbasaur on my first try from Sycamore on my second run of X, and I also got a shiny Gible and Nincada through Wonder Trading (which I'm developing an unhealthy addiction to, by the way).

CaptainZer0dew

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainZer0dew
3DS FC
1564-3473-0907
I have quite a few... mainly from breeding though I don't do much anymore...

Here are some that come to mind...

Greninja
Charizard
Tyranitar
Lucario
Sceptile
Swampert
Mew (I got that from GTS so I'm going to assume that it is hacked)
Scizor
Arcanine
and more that I cannot remember.

Xavix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xavix5
I have the shiny version of the 6 pokemon that finished the first season of Twitch Plays Pokemon. Praise Lord Helix

Mrwhatzitooya

Smash Journeyman
I couldn't believe it yesterday, but I was actually able to catch a shiny Latios! :D I must've gone through over 3000 RAs over the last week, and when it suddenly appeared around 40 RAs yesterday, I nearly cried! Modest nature and perfect IVs in Attack, Sp Def and Speed, so not bad at all! Now I just need to decide whether to nickname him or not... It's a tough dilemna! Haha
Still, I'm so surprised to have got him, and without doubt I'll treasure him forever!

Top Bottom