• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What 's the funniest excuse?

MK_own

Smash Cadet
What's the funniest/dumbest excuse that someone has said when u owned them?

Mine was, "That's not fair , ur controller was making to much noise, i couldn't concentrate"!

lol

smash superstar

Smash Ace
oh there is so many...esspicaly with one of the people i play with

"thats no fair how can your big hammer move faster than my little sword" a ddd vs marth match

"what am i supposed to do its not fair you character is the same size of the platform" I was playing wario on battlefield

"oh i lost cause my eye is swollen"

cj.Shark

Smash Ace
best one was "no fair my controller isnt plugged in"

*turns out his controller WASNT plugged in. we were playing ffas and were too drunk to notice. Oddly enough he made 3rd place

Karma*~

Smash Cadet
"I didn't know Mach Tornadoing Brinstar would tear it in half and make me plummet to my death! ; ;"

That really happened. And it was me. I won the match still, but I said I would win 3-0 (stock match).

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
"My C-Stick fell off!"

lolwut?

TheGlitchMaster

Smash Lord
"You paused....it threw me off!"-Kemkianv. Glitch at Kemkian's house. i killed him with my good ol' olimar COMBO O' FATE!

Brandon72196

Smash Apprentice
"Your glittching!!!!" When I spamed SHDA....
"Thats no fair you use the best char!!!!!" when I played bowser...

Browny

Smash Hater
my brother loves to complain about ledges, and how once you get caught in an aerial juggle on battlefield, theres no escape, suicide is the only option

Roller

Smash Legend
"That's not fair, I got explosive diarhea in the middle of the match and had to go to the bathroom."

Geeze, people are so whinny some times...

NeonTigerX3

Smash Rookie
Johns are frowned upon so hard in my group of people so any kind of excuse typically makes me laugh to the point of screwing up and losing. It's totally worth it though.

Just last night my sparring partner was like "...my effing controller...IT KEEPS TILTING DOWN! I CAN'T EVEN SPOT DODGE!" when he hadn't had any problems previously XD

MassivCarnage

Smash Rookie
I made up the excuse "The platform moved out of my way" while playing on Smashville as Ike. I was using his side B recovery and he only ended up going two feet in front of him, and I would've gone on top of the hovering platform, but it moved away, and my opponent was edge guarding.

As for my opponent's excuse, in a 2v2 "You're so cheap you play when I have a family emergency to attend to".

Roller

Smash Legend
My friend seriously asked me the other day,

how come when you dodge I don't hit you, but when I try to dodge you hit me before I do, or immediately after?

I'm like, work on your Fing timing!

Exousia

Smash Journeyman
This one is my favorite

"Falco(or other character I'm using) is cheap! Use someone else!"
Mostly my friends say this :laugh:

Oi Kyon

Smash Journeyman
"Stop using bombs!"

I was using Snake. I was playing against one of my gf's friends, and I got her so mad prior to that match, since I was sandbagging the entire time.

Ekaru

Smash Apprentice
WiFi match.

"I would've won if it wasn't for the lag!"

Thing is, they always use this when the lag is tame, not to mention both people deal with it since it's SYNCED lag and all... then again, here's a few good ones (as observed in SBR chat):

1. 'I forgot I was playing as Ness and not Lucas so I forgot the recovery was shorter'

Nevermind that they look completely different, and that if you sandbag in a serious match, you effin' deserve it. >.>

2. 'I killed myself by accident'

That happens to everyone, STFU.

3. 'you got lucky'

Oh, here's my favorite:

On a HDTV:

I pressed shield! Why didn't it shield instantly and why did I get hit instead?

...>.> Yeah. That happened to me too. But the lag is fixed so the difference between this and a tube TV really isn't noticeable. I think there's still a little lag though, but meh. Can't wait for someone to use the lag john against me when I'm playing them over Wifi and they're on a tube TV and I'm on a HDTV.

KurageWolf

Smash Rookie
"STOP F****ING BARREL ROLLING, WOLF!" xD That was against my Ex. She uses Peach alot. When she'd use peach bomber, I'd back up and give her some room. Then I'd Spinning Wolf her a**. Just for reference, My nickname's Wolf.

AquaTech

We hit the potjack
"No fair, my controllers broken!"

The batteries died in his wavebird about 2 minutes later, but I finally beat him so I don't care!

Charizard92

Smash Champion
You won because you have this game (my friends when I kick their butts in brawl several days ago, even during a gang up and I have to choose a different character. Maybe I should have used Ganondorf once, he is possibly among the lowest tier and beating them with him would say maybe we should stop).

Ripply

Smash Rookie
I don't know her personally, but we were playing over the internet and she loves camping, so I have to either chase her around the stage or get her from afar (I always win and haven't lost yet), so when she gets down to 1 stock she suicides. It's always the same excuse.

"My controller is broken!"

She even has a "Wait!" taunt to tell me to stop attacking because her controller is on the fritz. I'm not really sure if she's lying or serious. All I know is when she kills herself it's because she doesn't want to actually die because of me. D:

Also, lag. That's the most popular excuse with my friends, but it does actually happen a lot and it's pretty crippling, so I guess I have no complaints on that excuse. Unless I'm not lagging, then I wonder how that's even possible.

HOHO420

Smash Apprentice
Best excuse ever " THATS NOT FAIR!! I USED MARTH! WTF?!?!" I do love destroying marth players. And my favorite one is " Wtf? You can fly, thats cheap!"

Top Bottom