• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What "Really" Happened

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
What "Really" Happened to the Sheik Board?

:(

What "really" happened to the Sheik thread? When I quit this game last year, the Sheik board was the most prominent and flourishing boards out there. Full of new threads, new techniques, and pride of up and coming Sheik players. Now the Falco and Fox boards easily dominate with their new tactics, strategies as well as other growing threads. Not only that but because of other reasons Falco is now higher on the tier list than Sheik!! I am not blaming this on the boards but come on.

I even bet that there are twice or maybe even three times as many space animal users as there are Sheik users. I miss the good old days when Sheik was feared as a character and always called cheap because other smashers couldn't figure out a effective way to beat one. And I hope no one says that Space Animals have more potential than Sheik, because we all know that the Sheik/Zelda combination has humungus potential. Just like when Ice Climbers was shunned until Chu Dat showed the real potential of the duo.

I have personally started to pick up the game back, starting either today or early March when the next tournament in my area starts. And I intend to make a statement with the now "ignored character"

All I am asking is that the Sheik boards be "revived" so to speak. I will do my part in trying to help, I hope that you all will do yours also.

Till the next...

- advent -

Boonerstreet

Smash Cadet
Cool, I'll start helping. I've just started using sheik but I basically just do the dash attack to ftilt or utilt and then into a shffled fair or nair or bair. I don't think this is very smart, so what is the best way to approach a defensive character? Shffls? Mind game them into a dash attack? I could use some help.

ShackDaddy

Smash Ace
well there was no sheik board b/c it used to be zelda/shiek, so maybe thats y there seemed to be more posts. And it was mostly full of ppl asking how to do the same thing over and over again. Who cares about tiers b/c theyre not facts (or else they would never change). Its just ppls oppinions, so if u like shiek, use her.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sheik is a very limited character, as in there's not a huge amount of room for growth and new strats.

She's almost reduced to doing the same thing over and over again.

Eggz

Smash Hero
I dont see how a board can flourish with different ways of gaying someone into a f-air.

All shiek strats, as already said, are well known.

As for why Shiek is lower on the tier list...

She has bad matchups. ICs, Fox, Kind of Falco, and her metagame stopped advancing when people aknowledged that every move combos into fair, and needles combo into every move, so needle->any move-> fair is how you play Shiek. How could a board possibly flourish when the topic is Shiek?

Fox and Falco both have like no bad matchups, and their metagame has been advancing rapidly, and still is.

mario-man

Smash Lord
How can a sheik board possibly flourish with Mario gaining momentum every second of the day???? Why is night dark.
Point being, the question is not even worth asking. Mario is rapidly gaining mains, thanks to Eggz here. lol lol................................^^^^^

zuloon

Smash Journeyman
I dont see how a board can flourish with different ways of gaying someone into a f-air.

She has bad matchups. ICs, Fox, Kind of Falco, and her metagame stopped advancing when people aknowledged that every move combos into fair, and needles combo into every move, so needle->any move-> fair is how you play Shiek. How could a board possibly flourish when the topic is Shiek?

Fox and Falco both have like no bad matchups, and their metagame has been advancing rapidly, and still is.
That's what I'm talking about

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
Rewind

Cool, I'll start helping. I've just started using sheik but I basically just do the dash attack to ftilt or utilt and then into a shffled fair or nair or bair. I don't think this is very smart, so what is the best way to approach a defensive character? Shffls? Mind game them into a dash attack? I could use some help.

This is what I like to see. More up and coming Sheik players asking for help. Well any ways Booner street before trying anything too out of hand I personally suggest reading the stickied Sheik guide. After that you can go straight into practice or watch a couple of Good Sheik videos. I suggest looking up Azen, DSF, Blood of the Fallen Drephen, Isai, and my personal favorite Captain Jack (a Japanese player, who now resides in France)

Falco > Shiek

IN YOUR FACE, WIGGA
Who are you calling a wigga? LoLz. Not too be offensive to you in any way but your probably a wigga. And a gay Sheik or Drephen styled will take most Falcos.

i did my part already, check out the Triforce of Wisdom combo video I finished today in Misc. Vids section.
Another thing I am looking for. Support of good Vids. Hey KeepSpeedN when are we gonna get to play each other again? Any ways I personally do think your the best Sheik of the South. ;)

Sheik is a very limited character, as in there's not a huge amount of room for growth and new strats.

She's almost reduced to doing the same thing over and over again.
Like I said before Sheik is not a limited character. Most people that use her just CHOOSE to be limited with her. Just like when the "technical Falco" was just made. Most people only used his lasers, Dair, and Shine. Now however because of certain key players people are starting to use more of his moves.

Besides can Falco transform into another character that gives him a whole new set of moves??? Nope I don't think so.

Trust me all of Sheik strats are NOT well known. And there is more to be discovered. But I will give you the bad match up thing.

- advent -

Wrath`

Smash Master
What "Really" Happened to the Sheik Board?

:(

What "really" happened to the Sheik thread? When I quit this game last year, the Sheik board was the most prominent and flourishing boards out there. Full of new threads, new techniques, and pride of up and coming Sheik players. Now the Falco and Fox boards easily dominate with their new tactics, strategies as well as other growing threads. Not only that but because of other reasons Falco is now higher on the tier list than Sheik!! I am not blaming this on the boards but come on.

I even bet that there are twice or maybe even three times as many space animal users as there are Sheik users. I miss the good old days when Sheik was feared as a character and always called cheap because other smashers couldn't figure out a effective way to beat one. And I hope no one says that Space Animals have more potential than Sheik, because we all know that the Sheik/Zelda combination has humungus potential. Just like when Ice Climbers was shunned until Chu Dat showed the real potential of the duo.

I have personally started to pick up the game back, starting either today or early March when the next tournament in my area starts. And I intend to make a statement with the now "ignored character"

All I am asking is that the Sheik boards be "revived" so to speak. I will do my part in trying to help, I hope that you all will do yours also.

Till the next...

- advent -

I never feared sheek.Falco and gannon are better than sheik.And i just got my500TH

KeepSpeedN

Smash Ace
This is what I like to see. More up and coming Sheik players asking for help. Well any ways Booner street before trying anything too out of hand I personally suggest reading the stickied Sheik guide. After that you can go straight into practice or watch a couple of Good Sheik videos. I suggest looking up Azen, DSF, Blood of the Fallen Drephen, Isai, and my personal favorite Captain Jack (a Japanese player, who now resides in France)

Another thing I am looking for. Support of good Vids. Hey KeepSpeedN when are we gonna get to play each other again? Any ways I personally do think your the best Sheik of the South. ;) - advent -
we should play soon man. if i can make it to linguini's tourney, we'll definatly get in like
thousands of friendlies, sheik dittos whatever you want. if i can go pm me ur cell.
thanks for the comment man!!:laugh: :) :)

Cra$hman

Smash Lord

- advent -
HAHAHA hes like the pichu player of sheiks!
you all wait and see he'll prove his character really can do it!

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
KeepSpeedN - Your welcome and I hear good things about your new video called "Triforce of Wisdom." I am going to try to go to linguinis but I still need to find a ride. But yea I need to get some training LoLz.

HAHAHA hes like the pichu player of sheiks!
you all wait and see he'll prove his character really can do it!
Haha your funny. :p

you lost all credibility with that line.

Pffft I don't need I don't need some online dudes credibility, I am or at least was a pretty respected player. But yea thanks for that line it really helps Mr. Henry Indiana Jones Jr. LoLz.

Actually I'm asian

And I am African American definitely not a wigga LoLz. But its all good
:)

- advent -

CmRoddy

Smash Journeyman
well i'm doing my part. i'm a new smash player, and i use sheik. i'm getting all the basics down and i plan on making Sheik a feared character in my hands.

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
CEO of the LACC

Very true

Shiek sucks, but Zelda sucks much, much more
Firstly please learn to spell her name correctly LoLz. Secondly Sheik sucking is your opinion. And lastly you and that other scrub should make a fan club and call it "The Lost Advent Credibility Club" or LACC for short. LoLz

LOL advent thanks man that is halarious what u said to mr henry LOL!
Yea I know I try but am I supposed to really care about comments like that in a thread like this? :confused: NOPE LoLz.

well i'm doing my part. i'm a new smash player, and i use sheik. i'm getting all the basics down and i plan on making Sheik a feared character in my hands.
Now your cool, and I am not being sardonic. :)

- President of the LACC LoLz -

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
Hey BigRick sure he might want to be a feared player but he also might want to make the character herself feared. May be even more feared than Pichu. :psycho: Now thats some crazy stuff.

But any ways I have heard much talk about this Omar fellow (Blood of the Fallen) is he really that good? At least in comparison to Drephen or DSF?

- rndm smshr gurl -

Mcscruff

Smash Ace
Very true

Shiek sucks, but Zelda sucks much, much more
sheik doesn't suck. she is one of the best characters in the game. zelda is a bad character, but not useless. you're better off with zelda then sheik when you're against ICs, otherwise stick to sheik.

KeepSpeedN

Smash Ace
ic's arent even that hard with sheik if u space out really good it's impossible for them 2 get a grab in unless U screw up! then ur phucked

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
sheik doesn't suck. she is one of the best characters in the game. zelda is a bad character, but not useless. you're better off with zelda then sheik when you're against ICs, otherwise stick to sheik.
Not only that but everyone knows she can be used for recovery purposes. Then again why listen to me the LACC says that I have no credibility. Scrubz.

- advt -

zuloon

Smash Journeyman
Not only that but everyone knows she can be used for recovery purposes. Then again why listen to me the LACC says that I have no credibility. Scrubz.

- advt -
Lmao

Fine, recover

Then get shine spiked two seconds later because of Zeldas suckiness

Skler

Smash Master
There isn't much to discuss about Shiek. Just gay the enemy to death, and if you can't do that you aren't trying hard enough.

yomedrath

Smash Apprentice
woah, if you hate shiek that much, why the heck are you in the shiek boards?
omg Oo
besides i think, a SHB spamming Falco, that finishes everything with a Dair is a lot gayer (more gay ^^)

There should be some more tactics to be discovered for shiek though, because its right you dont have that many technics as for Fox or Falco, but, we have reversed needles XD screw your shine stuff -.- thats why fox/falco is just as gay as sheik!

revive Shiek XD explore the Ninja *gg*

yome

btw, i dont think shiek is dead XD she still rocks for me ^^

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
Lmao

Fine, recover

Then get shine spiked two seconds later because of Zeldas suckiness
Some people find it a lot easier to take down a Falco or even Falcon with Zelda than Sheik. Im pretty sure Zelda can do 0-death combos on both of them. Or at least come close.

- toot -

Aesis

Smash Ace
Some people find it a lot easier to take down a Falco or even Falcon with Zelda than Sheik. Im pretty sure Zelda can do 0-death combos on both of them. Or at least come close.

- toot -
Usually I stay away from these forums, because Sheik forums are populated with a bunch of noobs who eventually give up on Sheik and constantly ask about how to run-off vanish or the use of needles or chain edgeguarding. Anyway... don't use Zelda agaisnt Fox or Falco. You'll get pwned. Nuff said there. Sheik is so much better against Space Animals than Zelda. Period.

For credibility purposes, I am supposedly the best Sheik main in Southern California. The only Sheiks that rival me are DSF (tho he barely ever plays Sheik anymore), Teba, and Omar (Blood of the Fallen). If Omar didn't move to AZ, he would be the best.

Moving on, it is valid to say that Sheik's meta game is limited in its potential. The problem is noob Sheik players that don't have enough experience rely on grab/jab > tilt > fair combos. Sheik's game is essentially that, but a whole lot more when we consider Sheik style.

Sheik style is one of the most interesting things about Sheik that I've noticed over the past year. There are numerous styles, but those most outstanding are:

1. Basic, fast, tilt and grab happy (usually aggressive)
2. Needle Spam and Platform (usually passive)

The key to being GOOD is knowing when to implement both styles. Or switching off between stocks. The majority of Sheiks rely on her speed and combo ability to rack up damage the whole time in a torrent of offense. I personlly find it more effective to switch off depending on what's going on during a match. It's incredibly important to switch off when a certain approach isn't working, or just plain out camp. Camp camp camp. Camping wins.

To sum up my point, Sheik users need to start exploring style variety as a tool in advancing Sheik's overall game. Basically, I'm a noob and this post was dumb.

/useless

Hank McCoy

Smash Ace
Usually I stay away from these forums, because Sheik forums are populated with a bunch of noobs who eventually give up on Sheik and constantly ask about how to run-off vanish or the use of needles or chain edgeguarding. Anyway... don't use Zelda agaisnt Fox or Falco. You'll get pwned. Nuff said there. Sheik is so much better against Space Animals than Zelda. Period.

For credibility purposes, I am supposedly the best Sheik main in Southern California. The only Sheiks that rival me are DSF (tho he barely ever plays Sheik anymore), Teba, and Omar (Blood of the Fallen). If Omar didn't move to AZ, he would be the best.

Moving on, it is valid to say that Sheik's meta game is limited in its potential. The problem is noob Sheik players that don't have enough experience rely on grab/jab > tilt > fair combos. Sheik's game is essentially that, but a whole lot more when we consider Sheik style.

Sheik style is one of the most interesting things about Sheik that I've noticed over the past year. There are numerous styles, but those most outstanding are:

The key to being GOOD is knowing when to implement both styles. Or switching off between stocks. The majority of Sheiks rely on her speed and combo ability to rack up damage the whole time in a torrent of offense. I personlly find it more effective to switch off depending on what's going on during a match. It's incredibly important to switch off when a certain approach isn't working, or just plain out camp. Camp camp camp. Camping wins.

To sum up my point, Sheik users need to start exploring style variety as a tool in advancing Sheik's overall game. Basically, I'm a noob and this post was dumb.

/useless
camping with shiek fails HARD against sa's and against marth as well, which are some of shieks hardest matchups. aggressive playstyle is so much > campy playstyle. that is all.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero

/useless
I wish I lived in Palmdale :p Aeisis = rapesies

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
i agree with Aesis + hank
And I agree with you. Listen to these people they really know their stuff.

The only thing I disagree with Aesis is that Zelda does not get ***** by the fast fallers. The only time Sheik does better than Zelda against the fast fallers is with a gimpy/cheap playstlye. Sheik can gay them with needles or other tactics or just quickly take of the stock in general.

It

- advent -

robyextreme

Smash Ace

You discourage me Eggz. :dizzy:

Hank McCoy

Smash Ace
And I agree with you. Listen to these people they really know their stuff.

The only thing I disagree with Aesis is that Zelda does not get ***** by the fast fallers. The only time Sheik does better than Zelda against the fast fallers is with a gimpy/cheap playstlye. Sheik can gay them with needles or other tactics or just quickly take of the stock in general.

It

- advent -
wtf are you talking about zelda gets ***** by sa's.

Top Bottom